iDevices Inc Support?

Posted on
Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:51 am
markmiller66 offline

iDevices Inc Support?

Apologies if this is not the best place to post. I have some devices by iDevices Inc. (plugs, lamp and thermostats). When I search for iDevices here, I get a lot of old hits where idevices was used as a generic term for Apple's "i-devices". i.e. iPad, iPhone etc. So, I'm having trouble finding if there is any support for the devices from the actual company iDevices Inc. They support Homekit, Alexa and Google Home so I'm hopeful they have an open API and someone may have written a plugin. Does this exist?

Thanks for any info.

Mark

Posted on
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:00 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: iDevices Inc Support?

I just spent a few minutes looking over their website. There's nothing about a public API there, and I couldn't find anything on GitHub about a reverse engineered solution.

So I think this is yet another could based solution with no local control. You can use IFTTT to control them from Indigo, but that's subject to all the usual cloud solution issues.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:05 pm
markmiller66 offline

Thanks Joe. I'll send them an email and see if there is anything they can provide.

Posted on
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:32 am
markmiller66 offline

I contacted iDevices and was told they do not have an open API but would forward to their developers for consideration.

I wouldn't mind replacing my iDevices plugs but I also have 3 thermostats which is a more significant investment so for the time being, I can't use Indigo to control everything. Bummer......

Posted on
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:32 am
FlyingDiver offline

markmiller66 wrote:
I wouldn't mind replacing my iDevices plugs but I also have 3 thermostats which is a more significant investment so for the time being, I can't use Indigo to control everything. Bummer......

Well, you can, you just need to do it via IFTTT.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:24 am
markmiller66 offline

Looks like iDevices IFTTT support is only for plugs and switches. Not thermostats. When I get some time, I'll see if I can figure out their protocol and work on a plugin.

Page 1 of 1