url with passwords doesn't work for me

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:16 pm
peszko offline

url with passwords doesn't work for me

Hello,

I'm trying to access Hikvision NVR to get its camera's images. The URLs work in Indigo directly, but not through this plugin. I use the format:

http://username:password@nvrip/ISAPI/St ... 01/picture

This works when used in indigo in the refreshing image url controll, but I get a 401 with the plugin.

Any help appreciated.

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:44 am
peszko offline

Re: url with passwords doesn't work for me

Hello,

Ok I fixed my problem. The issue is that my NVR was expecting digest authentication and this plugin doesn't support it.

So there are two solutions, turn off digest authentication or modify the plugin. Sine, I think digest is a better choice, I modified the plugin.

I changed the request as follows:

r = requests.get(url, stream=True, timeout=100, auth=HTTPDigestAuth(parsed.username, parsed.password))

You still need to import the HTTPDigestAuth

from requests.auth import HTTPDigestAuth

Possibly the author could add support for couple most used authentication methods.

Thanks.

Posted on
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:24 am
vtmikel offline

Thanks, I'll add this to my list to do.

Posted on
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 pm
vtmikel offline

Just to confirm, this is a general URL download and not SecuritySpy, correct? I dont think SecuritySpy supports Digest.

Posted on
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 am
peszko offline

Yes, this is the generic download from a Hikvision NVR. I have created my own plugin now to support the NVR directly. I didn't post it in the PluginStore, but if there is interest, I can. I'd just need to add some end user niceties such as version controll and better input checking.

Posted on
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:47 am
peszko offline

Since move to python 3, my plugin doesn't work and I don't have time to upgrade it. But coming back to security spy plugin, again download doesn't work with the url passwords. is there a way to authenticate u sing image downloaded and security spy helper?

Posted on
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:57 pm
peszko offline

Hello,

I have ended up just upgrading my plugin as it was easier then I expected.. Anyway, I think Its a good idea to include digest authentication.

I believe that in your plugin, you could just adjust line 153. What I've done to make it work is change the line to add the auth parameter:

r = requests.get(url, stream=True, timeout=100, auth=HTTPDigestAuth(self.securityspy_login, self.securityspy_pass))

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:51 pm
vtmikel offline

Wow I'm really delinquent in getting this added, my apologies. I'll get it added in so that you don't have to keep modifying each time.

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:45 pm
sbe08 offline

I had an issue when updating to Indigo 2023.2 and the latest version of the plug-in. The modification you made at line 152 makes it so that the credentials are included twice in the URL and lead to a 401 error.

I had to replace:
Code: Select all
         r = requests.get(url, stream=True, timeout=100, auth=HTTPDigestAuth(self.securityspy_login, self.securityspy_pass))

With this to make it work again.
Code: Select all
         r = requests.get(url, stream=True, timeout=100)

(I do use credentials (username and password) entered in the plug-in configuration.

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:42 am
colin_d offline

Great

That little tweak worked for me too! :D

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:19 pm
vtmikel offline

This has been addressed in the latest beta.

Page 1 of 1