Fantastic Weather Plugin Bug Reports

Posted on
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:08 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Fantastic Weather Plugin Bug Reports

lanbrown wrote:
I have the limit set to 300 and it says I've done 25 today. So obviously those calls were not registered on the remote end. Most likely they were doing something, had an outage, etc.

The daily limit resets at midnight UTC, so mine reset just a couple hours ago. If you type UTC time into Google, it will convert it for your location settings: Mine at 21:06:

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 9.06.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 9.06.57 PM.png (22.3 KiB) Viewed 4701 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:37 pm
Different Computers offline

I ***THINK*** it's intermittent, but happens for several hours in a stretch, up to a whole day or so. I'll watch more closely.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:15 am
DaveL17 offline

Different Computers wrote:
I ***THINK*** it's intermittent, but happens for several hours in a stretch, up to a whole day or so. I'll watch more closely.

Thanks. Let me know.

Posted on
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:43 am
Different Computers offline

Still happening this morning. Looks like every 15 minutes.

Plugin daily limit: 999

Calls today: 83

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:01 am
DaveL17 offline

Different Computers wrote:
Still happening this morning. Looks like every 15 minutes.

Plugin daily limit: 999

Calls today: 83

My log is still clean as a whistle. Please reload the plugin and then send me a private message with the contents of today's plugin log. You can find it in the following folder:

Code: Select all
.../Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Logs/com.fogbert.indigoplugin.fantasticwWeather/plugin.log

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:23 am
Monstergerm offline

Today I also encountered the first problem with this plugin. I also got this error message:
Unable to decode data. (Line 843) No JSON object could be decoded

The message repeats itself every 30 seconds and the plugin apparently makes a new API call every 30 seconds. So, not only did it fill up the log but it also used up all my free API calls in a short time. For now I have to disable the plugin and try again tomorrow.

I can't get any response from the API server by pasting in the URL manually since I have used up all my API calls.

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:56 pm
DaveL17 offline

Monstergerm wrote:
Today I also encountered the first problem with this plugin. I also got this error message:
Unable to decode data. (Line 843) No JSON object could be decoded

The message repeats itself every 30 seconds and the plugin apparently makes a new API call every 30 seconds. So, not only did it fill up the log but it also used up all my free API calls in a short time. For now I have to disable the plugin and try again tomorrow.

I can't get any response from the API server by pasting in the URL manually since I have used up all my API calls.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. It's been so quiet that I thought this issue was behind us--mine has been running stably for about a month. I will take another look at the code; I should be able to make it more robust where there are these kind of hiccups. For sure, it shouldn't keep trying to connect every 30 seconds when there's a communication error.

Hang in there, and please do reduce your call limit amount in the plugin preferences -- there could be other gremlins lurking.

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:21 am
DaveL17 offline

This one has been a little tough to fix because I wasn't able to recreate the condition to produce exactly the same errors and log entries that everyone has reported. That said, I made some changes to the way the plugin reacts when it gets a bad response. The plugin seems able to handle all the wrenches that I've thrown at it, so that's encouraging. I want to let it run for a while in development mode, then I'll post an update.

As a safety precaution, users of the beta should set the plugin API Daily Limit setting to a value that will preserve some API calls.

Posted on
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:42 pm
Monstergerm offline

Small bug in 1.08 version

There seems to be a bug related to Lat/Long setup. Whenever I click on device settings for an already existing device with already set Lat/Long coordinates I get the following error:

Fantastic Weather Error Error in plugin execution UiGetValues2:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 284, in getDeviceConfigUiValues
AttributeError: 'float' object has no attribute 'keys'

Posted on
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:09 pm
DaveL17 offline

Dang it. Will update a fix ASAP. Thanks for the note.

Dave

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:44 pm
Monstergerm offline

and here is another one ...

The trigger labels for:
Precipitation Total - Day 7
Precipitation (Type) - Day 7
have copy/paste error typos

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:40 am
DaveL17 offline

Monstergerm wrote:
and here is another one ...

The trigger labels for:
Precipitation Total - Day 7
Precipitation (Type) - Day 7
have copy/paste error typos

Those are weird typos. They'll be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for the report.

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:04 am
forestfield offline

I'm seeing some truncation in the weather alert descriptions. At the moment I have 3 weather alerts (location = crawley, uk).

The alerts in my weather device look like this (using a small script to dump them to the log file)

2018-12-15 11:22:40.742 pww-fw Error    ain and strong winds across parts of Northern Ireland , south-west England and south Wales.
2018-12-15 11:22:40.743 pww-fw Error    of freezing rain, with snow in Scotland later, leading to some dangerous travelling conditions.
2018-12-15 11:22:40.743 pww-fw Error    of freezing rain, with snow in Scotland later, leading to some dangerous travelling conditions. Possible travel delays on roads stranding some vehicles and passengers. Possible delays or cancellations to rail and air travel. Some rural communities could become cut off. Power cuts may occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected. A chance of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces. Bus and train services may be delayed or cancelled, with some road closures and longer journey times possible. Untreated pavements and cycle paths might be impassable because of black icehone coverage, may be affected.

The script is...
# Display weather

try:
    import indigo
except:
    pass

plugin = indigo.server.getPlugin('com.fogbert.indigoplugin.fantasticwWeather')

if plugin.isEnabled:
    dev = indigo.devices[341347995]  # Crawley FW Weather (Weather)

for i in (range(1, dev.states.get('alertCount')+1)):
      indigo.server.log(unicode(i) + u' = ' + unicode(dev.states.get('alertDescription'+str(i))), type='Dark Skies Alert')

If I look at the associated URL (http://meteoalarm.eu/en_UK/0/0/UK013.html) the full text (screen shot attached)

However, still greatly loving the plugin!
Thanks
-- Paul --
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-12-15 at 12.01.22.png
Screenshot 2018-12-15 at 12.01.22.png (189.55 KiB) Viewed 4353 times

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:13 am
DaveL17 offline

forestfield wrote:
I'm seeing some truncation in the weather alert descriptions. At the moment I have 3 weather alerts (location = crawley, uk).

Hi Paul - that is an unusual condition indeed. I ran your script against my weather location and the single existing alert logged without error. I'm more than happy to fix any bug that may be in the plugin, but need a bit more information in order to target my efforts.

I notice in your log output, it doesn't match the script you posted (the lines don't start with "Dark Skies Alert"). Is the log output from the script you posted?

I notice in your log the string "pww-fw Error". It would be helpful to know what the nature of the error actually is (beyond the truncation, which we already know about.) What happens if you wrap the print in a try/except block?

What happens when you copy the state value from the plugin device itself and paste it into a plain text editor? (Look at the plugin device custom states, right-click and select Copy State Value). Are those values truncated as well?

Another test we can do is to dump the weather XML to a log file and interrogate that. From the plugin menu, select Write Weather Data to File. A message will be written to the Indigo log with the name and location of the data file. Please let me know if you see truncated values there.

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:38 am
forestfield offline

Hi Dave,
I had the script in 2 place, one as a standalone script (so I could indigo host -x) and one as a trigger. The scripts are the same, but I changed the type between them; the 'pww-err' is from my standalone one. However the results are both the same; I see the truncated text for the descriptions.

I also checked directly in the device state, and it's also truncated , if I do a copy device state I see
of freezing rain, with snow in Scotland later, leading to some dangerous travelling conditions. Possible travel delays on roads stranding some vehicles and passengers. Possible delays or cancellations to rail and air travel. Some rural communities could become cut off. Power cuts may occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected. A chance of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces. Bus and train services may be delayed or cancelled, with some road closures and longer journey times possible. Untreated pavements and cycle paths might be impassable because of black icehone coverage, may be affected.

Screenshot attached

'Write weather data to file' gives
Fantastic Weather               Weather data written to: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Logs/2018-12-15 FUWU Plugin.txt

in the log; and the corresponding file is also attached. I've had a quick look at the dump and I can also see the truncation - so possibly 'bad' data from darkskies?

Regards
-- Paul --
Attachments
2018-12-15 FUWU Plugin.txt
Wether data dump
(30.6 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Screenshot 2018-12-15 at 16.30.48.png
Screenshot 2018-12-15 at 16.30.48.png (50.15 KiB) Viewed 4342 times