Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:27 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Great! I'm glad you were able to get it fixed.

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:39 am
gillekes offline

Ordered 3 of these:
https://www.lightgallery.com/nl/niko-di ... e-wit.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:31 pm
Busta999 offline

Nathan

Any chance you could add ?

Code: Select all
u'53': {u'swversion': u'1.0.2', u'name': u'Kitchen Top Right', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:12:4b:00:18:57:12:61-0b', u'capabilities': {u'control': {u'ct': {u'max': 65535, u'min': 0}, u'colorgamuttype': u'other'}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Extended color light', u'state': {u'on': False, u'hue': 34816, u'colormode': u'ct', u'effect': u'none', u'alert': u'select', u'xy': [0.4372, 0.3474], u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 16, u'ct': 447, u'sat': 108}, u'manufacturername': u'Feibit Inc co.  ', u'config': {u'function': u'mixed', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Extended color light', u'modelid': u'FB56-ZCW08KU1.1'}, u'24':

It is a zigbee LED strip controller I am using on top of the right side of the kitchen cabinets.

I think I captured everything.

Thanks

Mike

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:25 am
nsheldon offline

@Mike: Done.

Version 1.6.24 Posted

• Added support for the Feibit Inc. LED strip controller.

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:42 am
Busta999 offline

Nathan

Many thanks :-)

Mike

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 am
nsheldon offline

Happy automating. :-D

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:50 am
bbruck offline

Hi Nathan - what a wonderful plugin this has been. I've been relying more on Hue and Hue-compatible products, and so your plugin becomes more central to my Indigo installation.

Question? In my My House > Devices device list, Indigo products sometimes (like today) display in red as disconnected. However, when I select them I can turn them on and off. Any notion why this is or how I could correct it?

(full disclosure - last night we had a power blip and the power went off for 5 seconds. Usually only a couple Hue lights display in red, but today it's been all of them.)

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:06 am
nsheldon offline

Hi. I’m glad the plugin has been helpful.

The “Disconnected” state is a reflection of the “reachable” device status as reported by the Hue bridge itself. If the Hue bridge reports that a device is likely not reachable at the time the Hue Lights plugin asks the bridge for a status update, the device state in Indigo is updated to show “Disconnected”, though it still sends messages intended for that device to the Hue bridge just in case it isn’t actually out of range. As you’ve noticed, even with that Disconnected status,, messages usually get through. Reliability may be compromised though. Consider relocating (or increasing the elevation of) the Hue bridge to help with signal reception. Also try changing the ZigBee channel using the Hue app.

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:37 am
bbruck offline

Thanks Nathan. I'll try relocating the Hue bridge.

Posted on
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:27 am
steinis offline

thanks for great plugin:)

I have reinstalled my Indigo server and for about half of my hue light I get this error when I try to add them to Indigo:

Hue Lights Error                Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 554, in validateDeviceConfigUi
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 225: ordinal not in range(128)

These lights have all been added to indigo before I did the reinstall(after a HHD crash).

I have tried to restart plugin, Indigo and server but with no luck. Any idea?

Posted on
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:54 am
nsheldon offline

Make sure you use only ASCII characters for light names in Indigo and possibly in the Hue app too. Python 2.x (the programming language used for all Indigo Plugins) is notoriously bad with non ASCII (I.e. non-English) characters. This was addressed in Python 3 but Indigo and a lot of other systems still rely on Python 2.

Posted on
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:21 am
steinis offline

Thanks that did it!:) Strange as this was working fine before.

Another question, I have added 3 Ikea bulbs model LED1545G12, but I can't see it anywhere when I try to add a new light in Indigo.
[url]https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/smart-lighting/trådfri-led-bulb-e27-980-lumen-wireless-dimmable-white-spectrum-opal-white-art-10318263/[/url]

Posted on
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

nsheldon wrote:
Make sure you use only ASCII characters for light names in Indigo and possibly in the Hue app too. Python 2.x (the programming language used for all Indigo Plugins) is notoriously bad with non ASCII (I.e. non-English) characters. This was addressed in Python 3 but Indigo and a lot of other systems still rely on Python 2.

Well, not exactly. The Indigo server handles unicode characters correctly, as do all of our plugins. Plugin developers have to take special care when dealing with fields that may contain unicode characters - but it most definitely can be done (Python 2 does support unicode, just not as invisibly as Python 3 does).

Now, it's possible that the Hue API doesn't deal well with unicode characters, but that's outside of Indigo and Indigo plugins.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:29 am
nsheldon offline

steinis wrote:
Thanks that did it!:) Strange as this was working fine before.

Another question, I have added 3 Ikea bulbs model LED1545G12, but I can't see it anywhere when I try to add a new light in Indigo.
[url]https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/smart-lighting/trådfri-led-bulb-e27-980-lumen-wireless-dimmable-white-spectrum-opal-white-art-10318263/[/url]

I’m glad that fixed it.

As for the lights that aren’t showing up in the plugin, if you could paste in the debug logo output from Indigo for the Hue Lights plugin , that’d be helpful. I need the exact model ID and the light capabilities in order to add support. You can enable debug logging by going to Plugins -> Hue Lights -> Toggle Debugging.

jay (support) wrote:
nsheldon wrote:

Well, not exactly. The Indigo server handles unicode characters correctly, as do all of our plugins. Plugin developers have to take special care when dealing with fields that may contain unicode characters - but it most definitely can be done (Python 2 does support unicode, just not as invisibly as Python 3 does).

Now, it's possible that the Hue API doesn't deal well with unicode characters, but that's outside of Indigo and Indigo plugins.

Sure, Python 2 technically supports Unicode. But this has to be like the 10th report of a Unicode based error in yet a different section of the code. I’ve given up trying to hunt down all the different places in the plugin where a Unicode character can cause the plugin to puke. It’d take more time than I have to spend. Perhaps someone else will be generous with their time and check out the Git repository for the Hue Lights plugin on GitHub and hunt them down for us.

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:50 pm
steinis offline

Here is the output(I think) :D

u'21': {u'swversion': u'1.2.217', u'name': u'Lasse_taklys1', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'90:fd:9f:ff:fe:07:a3:40-01', u'capabilities': {u'control': {u'ct': {u'max': 454, u'min': 250}}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Color temperature light', u'state': {u'on': True, u'colormode': u'ct', u'alert': u'select', u'reachable': False, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 254, u'ct': 370}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Color temperature light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI bulb E27 WS opal 980lm'}

Please tell if there is anything else you need to add the bulb, thanks!

Page 64 of 103 1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 103