Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:08 am
chase offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

Please keep this plugin supported! I rely on it heavily.

I have found the Netamo infrastructure very reliable and accurate (there have been a few loss of connectivity episodes, but to be honest Netamo has proven to be the most reliable of any weather data gathering service I have used) and this plugin has been just about bulletproof.

On Black Friday I picked up 2 Additional Indoor Modules and just deployed them. They are being reported by the Netamo app and the excellent myatmo iOS app and by the plugin.

I am very satisfied with this plugin!

Posted on
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 am
Seeker offline

i tried the other plugin and it does not seem to report accurate temps for me. they're off from what the netatmo interface shows.

on this plugin 7.4, it seems to work for now my main unit, but it shows my secondary base (and outdoor sensor) as unreachable. this setup was working with the plugin in the past.

Posted on
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:45 am
siclark offline

Alan, racarter, is very responsive if you contact him about the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:21 am
davinci offline

Please keep up the good work with the plugin and thank you for the fix.

Posted on
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 pm
Coolcaper offline

davinci wrote:
Please keep up the good work with the plugin and thank you for the fix.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:27 pm
Welshdog offline

Hello, I have starting seeing this error in the event log repeating:

Netatmo Plugin Error            Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'
Netatmo Plugin                   Stopping Netatmo device read loop
Netatmo Plugin Error            plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

This just randomly appeared, I haven't made any changes to Indigo or the plugin. Any thoughts on what do with this?

Posted on
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:38 am
jstackmk offline

Been using this plugin for a couple of years. Works great. Netatmo weather stations are great.
Yesterday I noticed I wasn't getting updates every 5 minutes as configured. Updates were occurring every few hours.

Started digging into what is going on and I have a few question.

1. When I look at the Device Details I see " Last Update" which does appear to change every 5 minutes. In the Custom States there is "When" which does not change. I was using this field to trigger some actions. This field is only changing every few hours. See attached. (the previous value was 07:15)

2. On the Plugin Configuration page there is a "Maximum age for data". I think the default is 60 minutes. I had never changed that. What does this mean?? See attached.

Thanks much,
Jim
Attachments
netamo 2.png
netamo 2.png (53.41 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
netamo 1.png
netamo 1.png (48.12 KiB) Viewed 4390 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:33 am
MartinG offline

In the last few days, I've been unable to read data from my Netatmo devices (indoor & outdoor module). I can see the data on the Netatmo site, so they're definitely reporting in. But the plugin logs the following (full debug mode on)

Code: Select all
Starting plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.7.4" (pid 17017)
   Netatmo Plugin                  Log level preferences are set to "Intense Debug".
   Started plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.7.4"
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            Entered: Funct startup
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            versionCheck() called
   Netatmo Plugin                  url:https://api.indigodomo.com/api/v2/pluginstore/plugin-version-info.json?pluginId=com.berkinet.Netatmo
   Netatmo Plugin                  Your plugin version, 0.7.4, is current.
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            Entered: Funct runConcurrantThread
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            Entered: Funct readNetatmo
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            Found Netatmo device 'Netatmo Indoor' (Indoor) for station:Home
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            Added Netatmo device 'Netatmo Indoor' to update list
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            Found Netatmo device 'Netatmo Outdoor' (Outdoor) for station:Home
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            Added Netatmo device 'Netatmo Outdoor' to update list
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            DONE: got here wth netatmoDict:{u'Home': {u'Indoor': <indigo.Device object at 0x10ec12320>, u'Outdoor': <indigo.Device object at 0x10ec12230>}}
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            Queryng Netatmo station:Home
   Netatmo Plugin Debug            Received Netatmo station authorization:<lnetatmo.ClientAuth instance at 0x10ebf03f8>
   Netatmo Plugin Error            Plugin stopping. Reason = 'module_name'
   Netatmo Plugin                  Stopping Netatmo device read loop
   Netatmo Plugin Error            plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

This then repeats indefinitely from Entered: Funct runConcurrantThread

I've checked the client id & secret, disabled/re-enabled, re-installed the plugin but to no avail.

Suggestions anyone?

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:05 am
berkinet offline

MartinG wrote:
In the last few days, I've been unable to read data from my Netatmo devices (indoor & outdoor module).
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'module_name'...
Well, the error message indicates there is a problem with the module name. That usually means the name you have configured in Indigo does not match the name defined in Netatmo.

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:04 am
MartinG offline

Found the solution, though the cause of the problem is distinctly weird.

When checking the module names against those configured at the NetAtmo website (which were correct, matching those configured in Indigo), I discovered that a rain gauge had been added to my module list. I don't have a rain gauge, have never had one, and to my knowledge, have never configured one either.

I had to download the station management utility, connect my indoor station to my Mac, remove the erroneous rain gauge module and put the indoor station back where it belongs.

And now everything is back to working again

Most peculiar!

Posted on
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:46 am
Mirko offline

Hi

I wonder if the new Netatmo Smart Outdoor Camera will work with this plugin?

Regards

Mirko

Posted on
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 am
berkinet offline

Mirko wrote:
...I wonder if the new Netatmo Smart Outdoor Camera will work with this plugin?
No. Take a look at the NetatmoMulti plugin, also called NetatmoWelcome. People really should be switching to that anyway.

Posted on
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:39 pm
jeffgtx offline

Unfortunately, I am not able to solve my problem, so i have to write here.

I have two distinct issues, i think. maybe they are related.

First, i am running Indigo 6. with 0.6.1 netatmo plugin. even though the release notes say 0.7.4 runs on 5.0 or higher, any update to the plugin after 0.6.1 does not work. i do not get a configure option for the plugin and the it reports as stopped immediately after installation. is that a 6 vs 7 issue or is there something else wrong?

also, i noticed that my stations stopped reporting last year. so i tried to troubleshoot. i deleted the old app for the netatmo profile and added the new one with the client ID and secret. I unplugged and replugged in all my base stations.

now, 1 station and its module are updated frequently. the other two are not. I have checked the names. they match.

I get this error in the log, which i gather from reading here means the plugin and the API server aren't talking. but i don't understand why one base would update and two wouldn't with this error.

Netatmo Plugin TTL set to:3600 seconds
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'dashboard_data'
Netatmo Plugin Stopping Netatmo device read loop
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I've tried creating a new device from scratch and moving the old one to a gibberish name to see if that is the way out of this even though it would be labor intensive and it doesn't work.
that gives me this new error:

Netatmo Plugin TTL set to:3600 seconds
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'
Netatmo Plugin Stopping Netatmo device read loop
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

any guidance on what to try next?

thanks.

Posted on
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:20 am
berkinet offline

jeffgtx wrote:
...any guidance on what to try next?.
Please take a look at the NetatmoMulti plugin, also called NetatmoWelcome. People really should be switching to that anyway.

Posted on
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:51 am
durosity offline

Just FYI the netatmomulti plugin requires indigo 7, however I suspect you’ll find going forwards plugin support for indigo 6 will be tricky to find so you may want to consider moving up to 7. There’s a lotta great new functionality in there now than there was on 6!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.