Ethernet Relay Board -- Works Great!

Posted on
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Ethernet Relay Board -- Works Great!

frankyhall wrote:
@Jay - I added the plugin to the plugin store.
https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/196/

Approved. Thanks for the contribution.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:57 pm
Colly offline

frankyhall wrote:
@Jay - I added the plugin to the plugin store.
https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/196/

Great to see this is still supported - I decided to purchase one last week. Looking forward to playing with it at some stage in the near future..

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:46 am
DomoPat offline

Great, but it does not work well for me. When I switch a relay it clicks but the log is filled with:

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 112, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 279, in set_device_states
KeyError: 'key logChanges not found in dict'

8 Channel Network Relay Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   8 Channel Network Relay Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

8 Channel Network Relay Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   8 Channel Network Relay Error   Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 144, in actionControlDevice
KeyError: key logActions not found in dict

File "plugin.py", line 133, in actionControlDevice

File "plugin.py", line 144, in actionControlDevice

I am running Indigo 7.2 and the version 0.20 of the plugin. Let me know what I can do to help diagnose the issue.

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:43 am
DomoPat offline

I deleted all the devices and re-created the relays and they work fine ! I should have thought about it before posting, sorry about that.

But I cannot get the inputs to work, and I have tried everything I could. First I have to create another device (with the same IP address) as it is not possible to have more than 8 items in one device. I do that and it goes well, but when I go to 'edit device setting' of one of the input to link it to a 'sensor input channel I get an 'error validating fields. Hover over the red box etc..' and this message in the log:
Code: Select all
Wednesday 21 Nov at 16:33:15
   8 Channel Network Relay Error   Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

File "plugin.py", line 59, in validateDeviceConfigUi

Posted on
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:57 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

Hey Pat! Thanks for trying this out!

The first error you got was "expected" - you don't have to remove the device, you just have to edit and click save on each sub device after upgrading. The plugin adds two new fields to control logging, and until you click save the fields don't exist and Indigo throws errors. Seems like you made it past that problem. Sweet! EDIT: I fixed this problem in a subsequent release.

The second error is a bug. I failed to add one of the "unneeded" fields to the Sensor inputs. I'm publishing a fix shortly.
https://github.com/davidnewhall/indigo- ... lay/pull/5

As for the problem with only being able to add 8 devices, and the need to duplicate the main device (with the same IP)... I played with this setup a long time when I first made this plugin. While you can have more than 8 sub devices, the UI gets messy. The only reason I'm able to pack 8 into one device now is simply because the words "Relay" and "Sensor" are short enough to fit on 8 buttons in the Indigo UI. if the words were longer, we'd have fewer devices. I figured anyone doing this can just create two devices, as you have; one for relays and one for sensors. It's not ideal, but it seems to work out okay.

Again, I don't currently use the input sensors myself, and I apologize I didn't test them before releasing this last version. If you have other needs for these sensors, please let me know!
Last edited by TwitchCaptain on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:43 pm
jens offline

Ethernet Relay Board -- Works Great!

It works for me,

Have 7 outputs and 4 inputs

Don’t use 12v dc only use 5v dc

//Jens

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:03 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

Just for fun, you can see some photos of my setup here: https://imgur.com/a/UdJzcTp?

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:04 am
siclark offline

That's awesome. I look at that and think, how do you get the wires to the devices?? Is this just that you don't (mainly) have brick walls in the US and so running new cables is easy?
There no way I'd be able to get a wire from my server rack to my hot water tank without a lot of mess.

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:20 am
DaveL17 offline

That's great! It's cool that you can get so much done with just one physical device.

I have a two-relay version that I'm still looking to toy with.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:56 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

siclark wrote:
That's awesome. I look at that and think, how do you get the wires to the devices?? Is this just that you don't (mainly) have brick walls in the US and so running new cables is easy?
There no way I'd be able to get a wire from my server rack to my hot water tank without a lot of mess.

I've become a professional at sheetrock repair. Not sure how else to put it. You gotta cut some holes to run wires, especially in a two story house. And yeah, most houses in the US are wood and sheetrock. There are plenty made of brick though, but you wont see me buying one because I can't run wires through bricks. :P

Posted on
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:09 pm
siclark offline

Haha. Yeah a few of my walls are plasterboard but mainly brick. I'm considering a few places drilling through outside wall, running cable in conduit and drilling it back in, rather than work out how to run internally!!

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:48 pm
mundmc offline

TwitchCaptain wrote:
Just for fun, you can see some photos of my setup here: https://imgur.com/a/UdJzcTp?

Those pics are great!

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:36 am
DomoPat offline

I have been trying the latest version 0.2.4 of the plugin other a few days, and happy to report it works perfectly for me too. Thank you for this plugin, it will help eliminate a few X10 relays !

Posted on
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:40 pm
siclark offline

I'm not good with electrics but could the inputs be used to detect current from a PIR, one that is already powered by the alarm panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:42 am
DomoPat offline

siclark wrote:
I'm not good with electrics but could the inputs be used to detect current from a PIR, one that is already powered by the alarm panel?

It would be possible with some sort of circuitry to adapt the current driven PIR to the tension driven input of the board. But, and it is a big but, the inputs on the board are polled by the Indigo plugin every X seconds, where X is 2,5,15,30 or 60 seconds. If you use a short period you might overload the network and or board and if it is too long you might miss some of the PIR action.

What you need is an interface which will push the PIR changes to Indigo, and this is more difficult to find.