HomeKit Bridge Updates Coming

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:10 pm
durosity offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Updates Coming

jay (support) wrote:
roussell wrote:
Why in the WORLD would you give @Durosity ammunition??? It’s like you’re just begging for it man!

Meh, he's on permanent ignore.

That hurts dude. I’m gonna take that personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:15 pm
Venicenerd offline

This is probably my favorite plugin of all time. It has been nothing but stable. It’s rock solid and anything you will do to contribute to improve it will be icing on the cake.

I’m going to be transitioning away from Homebridge into Indigo/HomeKit Bridge little by little as it is way more stable for me and easier to maintain configure.

I’m REALLY looking forward to what you have up your sleeves!!!

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:45 pm
Lewisba offline

I agree, HomeKit Bridge is rock solid and a great migration from HomeBridge Buddy. thank you for your contribution to the community.

I'm curious, are any of your coming updates related to controlling devices that are unique to HomeKit? For example, I just installed a KwikSet Premis which has direct integration with Apple's HomeKit as well as through KwikSet's own app over Bluetooth. I'd like to be able to control the lock through Indigo as well.

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:47 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Lewisba wrote:
I'm curious, are any of your coming updates related to controlling devices that are unique to HomeKit

You cannot directly feed back from HomeKit to Indigo like that but the solution would be to create a device in Indigo that has the functionality you want (i.e., a virtual switch) and add it to HomeKit and you can do automation in HomeKit that says when Indigo Light #1 goes on then unlock KwikSet. That general idea.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:38 pm
Lewisba offline

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I don't see a way (yet) to add a KwikSet Premis to Indigo as a device.

Posted on
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:17 am
jfeger offline

Well, its been said, but I will emphasize it .... I love your plugins. The HKB has been on of the most stable third party plugins I have used, and it is very easy to work with. As a fellow Colorado based user, I can appreciate all the things that distract you from coding. :) Im looking forward to the new features and releases.

Posted on
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:44 am
wsrb offline

Colorado4Wheeler - I just posted a comment on another thread because I hadn't yet figured out how to track down the creator of HomeKit Bridge. Now that I see it's you all I wanted to do was thank you for the GREAT Plugin. It is SO useful. I'm very grateful for your work.

Posted on
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:41 am
Espressomatic offline

Homekit getting TVs and Speakers in the next round of iOS/tvOS updates - really looking forward to seeing the new Bridge update.