GreenSky MQTT Bridge Plugin (SmartThings Bridge)

Posted on
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:13 am
Umtauscher offline

Re: GreenSky MQTT Bridge Plugin (SmartThings Bridge)

Using the IDs was what I was just thinking about.
It's not so nice on the broker but since the user won't see it I would say its ok.
Thanks

Posted on
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:41 am
jh71283 offline

@Umtauscher

I have just published v4.0.0 of the plugin, and v2.0.0 of the node red nodes.

These now work ID-based (But the plugin will also try to publish to the name topic too)

It took a while because the indigo rest API does not give device ID's when you ask for a list of devices, and so I had to enhance the autodiscovery packet from the plugin.

Anyway, give it a shot and see how it goes!

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:33 am
Umtauscher offline

Wow, that was quick.

Now I get every message twice, but wird different _msgid

What I don't understand is, that the mqtt messages from devices/topics that have been marked as "not published" still received with exact that Devicename. (e.g. "Lautsprecher Gästeklo" - I have restarted the mosquitto and indigo and node red so there are no old topics)

The list of Items in the Indigo mqtt node is now empty, so I cannot insert new nodes.

BTW shouldn't we take that conversation to e-Mail or PM?

Posted on
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:38 am
Umtauscher offline

here is proof! :D
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-03 um 15.37.15.JPG
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-03 um 15.37.15.JPG (31.72 KiB) Viewed 7850 times

Posted on
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 pm
roussell offline

I run an MQTT server (mosquitto) on a different machine from Indigo. I’ve noticed that if I restart the MQTT server the plugin won’t automatically reconnect once the MQTT server is back up, I have to reload the plugin to reconnect. Is that by design? If not, please consider auto-reconnect on lost connections a feature request :)

Thanks for a great plugin!

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:16 pm
Umtauscher offline

Hi,

I just found the new version 4.1 of the plugin. Then I updated my node red installtion to version 2.05 of then node.
Then I tried to do something like a simple association on the not red side.
What I was trying to do is to connect to binary switches so the the first one triggers the second one.

So I connected an mqtt-in-node to an indigo-set-device-node.

Nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong? That was the simples action I could think of.

TIA
Wilhelm

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:20 pm
Umtauscher offline

Ok, never mind, I figured it out.

Just a simple "association"

Code: Select all
[{"id":"7c1aeb38.a36e74","type":"indigo mqtt in","z":"191b5c63.0c9264","name":"","topic":"","qos":"2","broker":"9e13ecef.c73ae","controller":"","itemname":"Schreibtischlampe","itemid":"15714752","state":"onOffState","x":110,"y":720,"wires":[["323e20b1.50063"]]},{"id":"111ceb53.05e58d","type":"indigo-set-device","z":"191b5c63.0c9264","name":"","controller":"2b8f6f57.a868b8","itemname":"Treppenhaus EG","key":"isOn","value":"","x":510,"y":720,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"323e20b1.50063","type":"function","z":"191b5c63.0c9264","name":"OnOff","func":"return {payload : msg.payload.newValue};\n","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":310,"y":720,"wires":[["111ceb53.05e58d"]]},{"id":"9e13ecef.c73ae","type":"mqtt-broker","z":"","name":"Indigobroker","broker":"mqttbroker.voyager95.de","port":"1883","clientid":"","usetls":false,"compatmode":true,"keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthRetain":"false","birthPayload":"","closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closeRetain":"false","closePayload":"","willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willRetain":"false","willPayload":""},{"id":"2b8f6f57.a868b8","type":"indigo-controller","z":"","name":"Indigo.voyager95.de","protocol":"http","host":"indigo.voyager95.de","port":"8176","username":"xxxxx","password":"xxxxxxx"}]

Posted on
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:12 pm
steinis offline

I have tried to make an MQTT light in HASS, but struggle to find out what I shall send back to Indigo.

What command do I need to send to "SuperBridge In" to turn off/on or adjust brightness of a device in Indigo?

Posted on
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:40 am
roussell offline

Having a problem with v4.2 of the plugin and a Sonoff (Tasmota) device. It's a Sonoff basic with a DS18B20 1-wire sensor wired into GPIO 0. It works fine in hassio. Also, my MQTT server is on a docker container on a separate server.

Here are the relevant portion of the logs (debug):
Code: Select all
GreenSky MQTT Bridge Debug      Message recd: house/sonoff-boat/tele/SENSOR | {"Time":"2018-12-06T14:32:19","DS18B20":{"Temperature":44.3},"TempUnit":"F"}
   GreenSky MQTT Bridge Debug      DevID: 543595711
   GreenSky MQTT Bridge Debug      payload: {"Time":"2018-12-06T14:32:19","DS18B20":{"Temperature":44.3},"TempUnit":"F"}
   GreenSky MQTT Bridge Error      Exception trapped:'key offset not found in dict'
and here is a screen grab of the config.
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 7.33.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 7.33.09 AM.png (214.88 KiB) Viewed 7564 times

EDIT: I also raised this as an issue on the GitHub for the plugin.

TIA,

Terry

Posted on
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 pm
steinis offline

Hi Terry

Since you got the Indigo <-> HASS MQTT up and running, do you mind share your YAML setup? :)

Stein

Posted on
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 pm
roussell offline

steinis wrote:
Hi Terry

Since you got the Indigo <-> HASS MQTT up and running, do you mind share your YAML setup? :)

Stein

Sure be happy to. I'm traveling ATM so forgive me if it takes a day or two to get back to the config and get it posted. What are you trying to do, just display HASS devices in Indigo and the reverse? I don't fully understand the superbridge stuff (is it a smart things thing?) but was able to fumble through something that works. V4.2 screwed me up a little, but I think the switches still work.

Terry

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:40 am
steinis offline

Thanks. No problem, do it when you have the time!

For know im running a HASS on Ubuntu with a MQTT setup to Z-way´s one stick and software on a separate PI. So all logic is running from HASS, but the Z-way software is not compatible with all my z-wave stuff and is not stable enough compare to Indigo(Must be the best z-wave handler by far, BTW!) So my first step is to use the GreenSky MQTT app and bridge every z-wave device to HASS(Light, switch and sensor). Then I will lett it run for a while to see the stability, if not I will transfer my logic to Indigo and use HASS HMI on my screens around the house.

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:09 am
jh71283 offline

Sorry guys home life is sucking up all my time at the moment.

In a nutshell, the superbridge is a way of automatically linking devices to MQTT, without creating dummy devices in between.

Lets imagine the house has 3 devices:
    Door
    Lamp
    Fan

When the plugin starts, it subscribes to topics for all devices, based on replacing {DeviceName} in the superbridge IN.
    house/devices/Door/level/set
    house/devices/Lamp/level/set
    house/devices/Fan/level/set
    house/devices/Door/switch/set
    house/devices/Lamp/switch/set
    house/devices/Fan/switch/set
The level and switch are pretty much the only properties I am allowed to access on devices that my plugin did not create

When a device gets updated, it replaces {DeviceName} and {State} in the OUT bridge, and sends it to that topic.

State is things like
OnOffState
Brightness

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:53 am
steinis offline

Thanks for the clarification

One question is there a possibility for an option for retain values on the superbridge part? When I restart HASS all values is gone and then I need to toggle every device on/off to get the correct values into HASS.

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:18 am
Umtauscher offline

Well I think it should be optional then.
I have had bad experience with Mosquitto and retain. My sonoffs kept switching on by themselves when I used the retain option.
I had to switch off the retain option to make them behave properly.
Just my 2 cts.

Wilhelm