Indigo Touch Issues

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:51 pm
Fxguy offline

Indigo Touch Issues

Not sure what happened but suddenly a few of my devices have gone missing from the database and when I try to use indigo touch, my database / server shows up twice and I have to login with a user name and password each time. When I quit and re-open, everything says interface error and I have to click settings and select the other server and login again. Whats going on?

Posted on
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:06 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch Issues

Are you sure you don't have another Indigo Server running on a different Mac? Maybe you moved your server to another Mac but didnt' shut down the original one?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:48 am
Fxguy offline

Jay,
I did move the server at one point, but that was quite some time ago and its been running on the current Mac for a while. IF it were, what would it look like in the Activity Monitor just to make sure?

I also noticed that it seems to be happening when I am connected to my local wifi network. If I'm away from home or not connected, it logged in and worked fine. Its only when I'm at home that there seems to be a problem. Perhaps something to do with Bonjour?

Tim

Posted on
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:18 am
RogueProeliator offline

I also noticed that it seems to be happening when I am connected to my local wifi network. If I'm away from home or not connected, it logged in and worked fine. Its only when I'm at home that there seems to be a problem. Perhaps something to do with Bonjour?

Seems like that would support the multiple-server theory... when on your home network it could catch two instances of Indigo Server running via Bonjour, but when away you are going through the reflector which has a "dedicated" path to a single server.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Fxguy wrote:
Jay,
I did move the server at one point, but that was quite some time ago and its been running on the current Mac for a while. IF it were, what would it look like in the Activity Monitor just to make sure?

I'd recommend this: in Indigo Touch while on your local network, delete all the connections in the settings dialog. Close it, then reopen it. If you see multiple entries, then there are definitely 2 servers running on separate Macs on your network. On the one(s) that aren't supposed to be running Indigo, you can follow the directions to remove Indigo and reboot (those files just won't be there if Indigo isn't installed there).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:10 am
jaj737@gmail.com offline

Not sure if this is the issue you are addressing or not. But I see two of the same server names in my setting on indigo touch. Because of that when I open indigo touch sometimes it will not automatically start the correct server. I have gone to settings and deleted one of the duplicates and it just returns. I did purchase a new iMac that I run the PLC on and I have deleted indigo from my old iMac.
Attachments
801C77E3-A5DB-4BA8-BF69-E8326A93C162.jpeg
801C77E3-A5DB-4BA8-BF69-E8326A93C162.jpeg (107.98 KiB) Viewed 1761 times

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 am
FlyingDiver offline

Do you have both Ethernet and Wifi activated on that iMac?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Are you sure you completely removed Indigo on the old Mac? That's normally why people see two entries.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1