Cameras stopped working after server migration

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:49 pm
webdeck offline

Re: Cameras stopped working after server migration

Mojave is sounding like the common denominator.

Could you try turning on "Debug Homebridge and Indigo Script" and share the log file snippet around trying to view a camera?

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:52 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

webdeck wrote:
Mojave is sounding like the common denominator.

Could you try turning on "Debug Homebridge and Indigo Script" and share the log file snippet around trying to view a camera?

That was the first thing I tried when I had this problem and it reported nothing different.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:16 pm
webdeck offline

Another data point - if I run the macOS Home app on the same server as Indigo, then I get the immediate "Exit 1" behavior that C4W was seeing. If I run the Home app on a different Mac or on iOS, then I don't get the "Exit 1", but I don't get video either.

Posted on
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:59 pm
webdeck offline

I went through the effort of installing homebridge-camera-ffmpeg and ffmpeg on a raspberry pi I have available, and it is working perfectly with the same config.json HomeKit Bridge was using (changed the user id, of course.) So this really seems to be a mojave problem. I created a ticket on the homebridge-camera-ffmpeg github, but there's been no response to it.

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:00 am
Shutter offline

So is the consensus that this is a Mojave only issue? Because I'm not seeing the feed, yet Indigo, HKB, and SecuritySpy are running on the same Mac running macOS Sierra.

I've just tried for the first time to add my camera to HKB. At first it wasn't showing up, even after restarting and so on. But after I deleted my home from the Home app and started again it appeared as an accessory. Next problem was the connection issue.

Followed the troubleshooting guide by using the advanced menu in HKB to display the path in the Indigo logs. Entering the path in my browser didn't work until I entered the actual IP address instead of relying on local host. So that step got me closer, but still no feed. At least now when I enter the path in my browser the SecuritySpy window loads.

So here is what could be a dumb question - when the SecuritySpy window loads in my browser I have to enter the username and password, which IS the same as the one displayed in the path. Is that the problem? Is the username and password in the URL enough for HKB and the Home app? If yes then still no video for me in the app.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks,

Simon

[Update] When I use the advanced menu option in HKB to Show the Homebridge Log I see the following in the logs:

Code: Select all
[Camera-ffmpeg] ERROR: FFmpeg exited with code 1
Last edited by Shutter on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:04 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

The consensus is that it's unknown at this point. I suspected Mohave but I now suspect that it may be iOS 12 update that may be addressing the RTSP feeds in a different way - of this I'm not yet sure. It's almost certainly something that has to be addressed by FFMPEG, as Webdeck stated, because we know that the feed is correct, we know that the config is correct, we know that Homebridge sees everything properly and that the URL's all work in browsers.

It's a bummer but welcome to reverse engineered HomeKit implementation :).

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:12 am
Shutter offline

Oh bugger.

In case you replied after my update, I do actually see one error. Whether related or something else I don't know.

Otherwise, everything else is working fine. :)

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:13 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Same code I and some others get as well.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:50 am
jalves offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
The consensus is that it's unknown at this point. I suspected Mohave but I now suspect that it may be iOS 12 update that may be addressing the RTSP feeds in a different way - of this I'm not yet sure. It's almost certainly something that has to be addressed by FFMPEG, as Webdeck stated, because we know that the feed is correct, we know that the config is correct, we know that Homebridge sees everything properly and that the URL's all work in browsers.

It's a bummer but welcome to reverse engineered HomeKit implementation :).

I don't think its an iOS issue. When I use the Home app on my MacBook Air I (running the latest Mojave public beta) I have the same issue.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:42 pm
Sharek326 offline

Today I noticed that one of my three cameras no longer appears at all in the HomeKit APP. When I reload the APP it loads the warning for all three

HomeKit Bridge Warning Unable to retrieve SecuritySpy parameters for Garage Camera, defaulting to 1280x720 and 30 FPS
HomeKit Bridge Warning Unable to retrieve SecuritySpy parameters for Living Camera, defaulting to 1280x720 and 30 FPS
HomeKit Bridge Warning Unable to retrieve SecuritySpy parameters for Media Camera, defaulting to 640x480 and 30 FPS

Media is the one missing. I tried to delete the device and add it back in which it does add. But when I go through the process of adding it back into the APP it doesn't appear in HomeKit as a device to be added.

Posted on
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:51 pm
durosity offline

So I've just migrated from a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mojave using the patcher for unofficial systems (which actually worked very well.. with the exception of Nvidia graphics support) to a 2018 Mac mini (i7 6 core) and I'm having the exact same issue. Now it was working on the Mac Pro but doesn't work on the mini. It's not the same Home that it was setup with as I wasn't able to migrate that successfully and I'd been having a few issues so I just deleted the Homekit Home and set it up fresh. On home wifi, Like others it will refresh the snapshot image every few seconds but the live feed never appears. However.. if I connect over LTE rather than wifi.. it DOES work. I'm curious if anyone else has had that behaviour?

Computer says no.