two Servers showing up on ios device

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:03 am
farberm offline

two Servers showing up on ios device

I have two server showing up on my ios indigo add

FarberHouse-Indigo7
FarberHouse-Indigo7 (2)

When I look at the activity monitor for the computer it lists only one occurrence of IndigoServer and one occurrence of Indigo 7.2 along with multiple IndigoPluginHost apps

When I log into FarberHouse Indigo 7 (2) is reads that no devices are available?

Any suggestion on how to stop this from occurring

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: two Servers showing up on ios device

You probably have another Indigo 7.0 server running on a different Mac. Perhaps one from which you moved your server but then didn't uninstall Indigo completely?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:51 am
farberm offline

not running on any other Mac. I went into the activity program and quit all instances of everything and then restarted the app. It is currently only showing one? Do not know why?

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:03 pm
farberm offline

How do I locate the Indigo server software if it is on another computer

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo Touch saves servers it connects to and shows them even if they may not be running. Delete all the servers (via swiping or edit button) shown in Indigo Touch, then close the settings panel and re-open it. It will automatically show any servers it finds locally (so do this when at home on WiFi). If it just shows one server then it is just finding one.

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

farberm wrote:
How do I locate the Indigo server software if it is on another computer

https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... g_indigo_7

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:54 pm
jaj737@gmail.com offline

I just started having the same issue. I have my iMac running the server and have a MacBook Air " that "connect to remote server" is being used. If I choose to close the connection on my MacBook Air , then go to my iPhone and edit and remove the second server, my problem goes away. I have always run my house with my iMac the as the local server and connected with various MacBooks as connected to remote server yet until recently I have not had the issue with two servers showing up on the indigo touch app. Quite annoying because it seems that the touch app when opened doesn't seem to work with one of the two servers, and since they both have the same name it is trial and error to connect to the correct one. I have to go find my MacBook Air and "close the connection" on the indigo app then go to the iPhone and delete both serves, close the app and then reopen and join the correct server.
Any ideas on how to fix that?

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The only way for Indigo Touch to show 2 server entries (after deleting them both) is if there are 2 servers.

Here are the steps for deleting Indigo. If you only need the Indigo client/UI on a remote Mac you can delete everything but the app (in the /Applications/ folder).

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:21 am
jaj737@gmail.com offline

I also am showing two servers in my indigo touch app. I recently bought a new iMac and followed the instructions for removing the license from my old iMac. I only have two MacBook airs that have the indigo app on as "connect to remote server. My old iMac is turned off. So, my question is : even if somehow I didn't do the removal correctly from the old iMac, how would it show up on my iPhone with indigo touch if it is turned off?

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:52 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The Indigo Touch app saves the server information once you connect, so you probably just need to delete that server item in Indigo Touch. If it re-appears then it is finding it on a Mac somewhere on your home LAN.

Page 1 of 1