Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:09 am
berkinet offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

erikwegman wrote:
Me contacting Netatmo would be a bit strange. I assume every user has this problem so it would be more logical that the one (you?) that has registered the application name contacts Netatmo. I don't have the confirmation from Netatmo that this is/was a valid name. You do

as I previously replied, I cannot change the name of the app without breaking every single user. And I don’t wish to do that. Perhaps if enough people contacted Netatmo they might be willing to change their policy but they won’t just for me.

Posted on
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:32 am
erikwegman offline

I did sent an email just now, hope it helps.

Wouldn't it be possible to a copy of the app with a name that is allowed so new users can use the second app and older ones stick with the first app?

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49 am
berkinet offline

Good News

Previously it was not possible to change a Netatmo APP name. However, that seems to have changed.

So, the APP name has been changed to: IndigoWeatherPlugin
The Client id and Client secret remain unchanged and are...
    Client id: 5389b0bb1e77594c0b15ad44
    Client secret: yiqkomQl9KPKGAundrBjTVkl2JVHUfO

Posted on
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:57 am
Grevling offline

Problems with plugin

Hi,

All of a sudden I´m getting this in my log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 222, in closedPrefsConfigUi
File "plugin.py", line 73, in readNetatmo
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Netatmo.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lnetatmo.py", line 76, in __init__
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Netatmo.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lnetatmo.py", line 272, in postRequest
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 437, in open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 550, in http_response
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 475, in error
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 558, in http_error_default
HTTPError: HTTP Error 400:

Has been working fin up until now. Any ideas?

G

Posted on
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:02 am
berkinet offline

Re: Problems with plugin

Grevling wrote:
...I´m getting this in my log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
... ...
HTTPError: HTTP Error 400:

It means the request sent to the server encountered an error. Probably on their end. I'd restart the plugin and then check all your Indigo Netatmo devices.

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:23 pm
radekw13 offline

The netatmo plugin stopped working for me few days ago. The error I'm getting is: "Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'".

I digged into the code and noticed that it's the following function call:
Code: Select all
   Netatmo Plugin Error            Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'
   Netatmo Plugin Error            Exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 184, in runConcurrentThread
    self.readNetatmo()
  File "plugin.py", line 115, in readNetatmo
    for module, moduleData in devList.lastData(exclude=self.netatmoTtl , station=station).items():
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'

It turns out that the API call inside "lastData" function returns station ID instead of the name. Providing the name will make the function return "None". The newest python netatmo library handles this correctly (but it also renames a lot of classes).

For an immediate fix, I removed the "station" function parameter. It works for me because I only have a single station.

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:13 am
torstein89 offline

After downtime from Netatmo servers yesterday (I assume) I cannot see updated data from any netatmo device! See screenshot of dashboard_data errorImage

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:42 am
abplus offline

I'm also getting the dashboard data error since yesterday. I haven't changed anything.

Code: Select all
Reloading plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.6.4"
Stopping plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.6.4" (pid 23698)
Stopped plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.6.4"
Starting plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.6.4" (pid 23721)
Netatmo Plugin                  Log level preferences are set to "Normal".
Started plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.6.4"
Netatmo Plugin                  Your plugin version, 0.6.4, is current.
Netatmo Plugin Error            Plugin stopping. Reason = 'dashboard_data'
Netatmo Plugin                  Stopping Netatmo device read loop

Posted on
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:59 pm
dscottbuch offline

Same result here. Just stopped working.

Posted on
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:05 pm
torstein89 offline

hi, berkinet !
Do you have time to look at the dashboard error we currently have? I have some sensors depending on the outside weather temp reported by the netatmo plugin.. So its a bit sad I had to disable plugin by now..

Posted on
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:37 pm
berkinet offline

torstein89 wrote:
hi, berkinet !
Do you have time to look at the dashboard error we currently have? I have some sensors depending on the outside weather temp reported by the netatmo plugin.. So its a bit sad I had to disable plugin by now..

There was a change in the API at the same time the problems with the plugin started. (See: this post in the Netatmo forums ).

That has now supposedly been addressed, but the plugin issue continues. Unfortunately, I am not at the location where my Netatmo and Indigo are installed and I have to dow any testing and make any changes remotely, which is difficult. I hope to get to this soon, probably before the end of next week.
Of course, anyone else is more than welcome to take a crack at it as well.

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:10 pm
berkinet offline

Plugin update available

I have a fixed version of the Netatmo plugin available for testing. This is v 0.7.0 and addresses changes Netatmo has made, and will make starting 1/12.

Please report any issues to this forum. If there are no issues observed, I will update the version in the plugin store.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kyzj3okvq65f ... JEBha?dl=0

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:14 am
Seeker offline

thank you, i had to disable my plugin as well due to the errors.

basic question, the dropbox files are individual files/folders and are not in a single plugin file. what's the procedure for using this or making the plugin file?

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am
MarcoGT offline

Click on the link, then in the upper right corner click on "direct download"; a ZIP file will be downloaded.

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:30 am
berkinet offline

Seeker wrote:
...basic question, the dropbox files are individual files/folders and are not in a single plugin file. what's the procedure for using this or making the plugin file?

Sorry. It was late and I just dragged the plugin to Dropbox. A plugin is really a folder with special bits set that make it look like an app. When you download it as you did, those settings get lost. @MarcoGT's suggestion was good and will address the issue.

However, to make it even easier, I have uploaded a zipped version as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1jv64e34zhl3 ... n.zip?dl=0