Need help on interface.

Posted on
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:04 pm
richardall offline

Need help on interface.

First, I apologize for not taking the time to search the forums to see if someone else has posted this but I'm dead in the water and want to get back up.

I'm fairly certain that my 2413U just died. I had problems with the X-10 interface earlier this year and I did the suggested repair by replacing the internal capacitors. This helped but never brought back the X-10.

I need to order a new interface for my system. I have mostly Insteon device and perhaps 6 legacy X-10 modules. Should I get a new 2413U or invest in something better that helps me include the Insteon and Z-wave? I need to order something quickly because I have several things on the system that are automated. I would like to keep the X-10 modules but if I can't, I'll make the sacrifice.

Please help me with some suggestions

Thank you,
Richard

Posted on
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:10 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Need help on interface.

Hi Richard,

If you need to control X10 and Insteon modules then the 2413U is the only option. I don't believe there are any Z-Wave modules that also support Insteon or X10 (and definitely not any Indigo supports). You still might want to also get a Z-Stick (gen 5) so you can start adding some Z-Wave modules. There are lots of good Z-Wave modules, so it might be worth starting to dive into...

Page 1 of 1