FluxLED / MagicHome plugin

Posted on
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:31 am
stuartcolman offline

Re: FluxLED / MagicHome plugin

The plugin has been enabled for a little while now, and I have seen some crashes and reports being sent off. Any update on how it's going?

Posted on
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:58 am
DaveL17 offline

Woke up this morning to a log full of error messages. Unplugging and replugging the MagicHome device seems to have sorted it.

Code: Select all
2018-08-19 00:00:14.494   Flux LED Error   Error updating device: Workshop - Flux LED Strip Lights. Is the IP address correct?
2018-08-19 00:00:19.495   Flux LED Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 33, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 95, in updateStatus
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 518, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 648, in update_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 620, in query_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 598, in _determine_query_len
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 1017, in _send_msg
timeout: timed out

2018-08-19 00:00:19.495   Flux LED Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

2018-08-19 00:00:39.502   Flux LED Error   Error updating device: Workshop - Flux LED Strip Lights. Is the IP address correct?
2018-08-19 00:00:44.506   Flux LED Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 518, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 648, in update_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 620, in query_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 598, in _determine_query_len
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 1017, in _send_msg

2018-08-19 00:00:44.506   Flux LED Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

2018-08-19 00:01:04.515   Flux LED Error   Error updating device: Workshop - Flux LED Strip Lights. Is the IP address correct?
2018-08-19 00:01:09.519   Flux LED Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

2018-08-19 00:01:09.519   Flux LED Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
2018-08-19 00:01:29.538   Flux LED Error   Error updating device: Workshop - Flux LED Strip Lights. Is the IP address correct?

Would you be able to add a trap for to handle the timeout exception more gracefully?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:22 pm
jrcitizen offline

Posted on
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:59 pm
ELWOOD offline

jrcitizen wrote:

Yes, BUT.

Have two RBG that I have been using for a few months. They work but due seem to cause a lot of
SQL logger errors on the log page:

Sep 5, 2018, 5:52:06 PM
SQL Logger creating table device_history_1380234678 for "LED-RBG TOP SHELF"
SQL Logger Error exception trying to insert row into table device_history_1023089061 ("LED-RBG-W") -- unable to modify table
SQL Logger Error ERROR: relation "device_history_1380234678" already exists

SQL Logger Error INSERT INTO device_history_1023089061 ("alertmode", "bluelevel", "bluelevel_ui", "brightnesslevel", "colorblue", "colorgreen", "colormode", "colorred", "colortemp", "colorx", "colory", "effect", "greenlevel", "greenlevel_ui", "hue", "onoffstate", "online", "redlevel", "redlevel_ui", "saturation", "whitelevel", "whitelevel_ui") VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s);

Recently added a new RBG/W controller seemed to work at first but than had my whole system starting to
run slow. See my post https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=21183. Found the HomeKit
Bridge plugin was using over 100% of the CPU. After disabling the FluxLED plugin the HomeKit usage went
back to normal.

Have had the plugin disabled for a few weeks with no more trouble with HomeKit.

Turned the plugin back on and HomeKit CPU usage went back back up to 100%. Disabled FluxLED, HomeKit
back to normal. Removed the new RBG/W controller from devices, restart FluxLED plugin, so far HomeKit
normel.

Added the RBG/W back in and got 3 or 4 pages of SLQ Logger errors, so far HomeKit seems to be running
OK. Will keep checking the CPU usage and if it goes back up will remove the RBG/W controller.

There is no way in the plugin to use actions to turn on the white LED. The only way I can turn it on is by
using the “W” slider on the device window, than the on/off but if a action changes the color you have to use
the “w” slider again to turn the white on.

So yes it kind of works with RBG/W but the plugin definitely needs a lot more work.

Elwood

Posted on
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:48 am
stuartcolman offline

Is the development of this plugin dead? It had so much promise as well :(

Posted on
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:34 pm
ckeyes888 offline

stuartcolman wrote:
Is the development of this plugin dead? It had so much promise as well :(

+1 Really hope this one gets some love.

Carl

Posted on
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:47 pm
DVDDave offline

This plugin is generally working great so far with my new Magic Home device (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078B ... UTF8&psc=1)

I'm having one problem though. When I try to control color with the Apple Home app, which is connecting through Homekit Bridge, the plugin hangs up and starts giving the error
Code: Select all
Flux LED Error                  Error updating device: Closet Light. Is the IP address correct?

I then need to cycle power on the device or reload the plugin to get it going again. However, Alexa and the Magic Home app still work fine.

Thanks for the great plugin and, even with the error, it should prove very useful.

--Dave

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:22 pm
jh71283 offline

It's not dead guys, I've been giving the other MQTT plugin all my attention.

I'll get myself back up to speed on this over the next few days.

Posted on
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:18 am
stuartcolman offline

Any updates on this? I'm keen to test/use especially with the run-up to Christmas :D

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:49 pm
noel1983 offline

I’ve just installed a strip of lights in our porch for some Christmas lighting! Have the magic home app working but indigo control would be so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:59 pm
editordz offline

For what it's worth, I have perfect Magic Home integration from Indigo. We have three LED strips on individual controllers that get triggered dozens of times every day (slaved to light switches), and they work 100% reliable. The only time I have to manually intervene is when our internet goes down for whatever reason (thanks Spectrum). Then, the Wifi controllers have to be power cycled in order to be seen again by Indigo.

I'm using FluxLed plugin on Indigo 7.2.0 on Mac Mini running 10.10.5.

Good luck,
Dan

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:59 pm
noel1983 offline

Thanks Dan I’ll give it another go, last time I was suffering regular crashes I believe caused by the plugin.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:02 am
stuartcolman offline

The problem I’m seeing is that the plugin can’t seem to find the WiFi controller, even though it is on a static IP and available all of the time. Just keeps coming up with a “is the IP correct?” Error.

Also the plugin didn’t switch off the lights last night.

Thanks

Stuart

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am
editordz offline

Which controllers are you using? I'm using these, and have 100% success rate:

https://www.amazon.com/Goldwin-Controll ... ref=plSrch

Posted on
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:06 am
stuartcolman offline

That's the exact same wifi controller as I'm using. Still seems a bit "hit and miss".