Major Blunder

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:31 am
Sharek326 offline

Major Blunder

Yesterday I had a major blunder......

A week or so ago I went to Indigo 7.2. When I installed it I now ended up with folders for versions 6,7 and 7.2. Thought nothing about it.

Yesterday when I woke the UPS that powers much of my gear in the utility room died. I went and purchased a new one and the problems starts. When I booted up Indigo the Mini it runs on was sluggish. I decided maybe time for fresh install. As I always do I copied everything from the Documents Folder, Python 2.7 and I copied only 7.2 folder this time. Installed a new OS. Installed 7.2 and copied everything back

A whole new world of problems happened. IndigoPlot and PiBeacon were no longer working. HomeKit wouldn't start up. I worked on this all night Finally I remember a few months back I did a Super Duper clone of the drive pre 7.2. Its restoring back as I type this. I will then just go in and install 7.2 again and hope for the best.

My question is on the install of 7.2 should I allow it to still go in 7.2 folder or point it to 7.0? Just seems with all these versions and plugins being created we are getting a lot of extra folders and paths pointing to a lot of different things.

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 am
kw123 offline

Re: Major Blunder

All my stuff is in a folder ~/indigo

Historically set many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:27 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Some plugins had the old Indigo 7 path hardcoded for setting/log/etc. files. We now have a python API plugins can use to get the current folder path regardless of which version is running, and I know some (most?) plugins that were hardcoding the path have updated to use the new API. So, make sure you have the most recent versions of the plugins that aren't working. Just restoring the old Indigo 7 folder is probably all you need to get it up and running again quickly.

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:04 pm
kw123 offline

all my plugins(*) will dynamically set the path to indigo

BUT they all require a directory ~/indigo/xxx
there a lot of data is stored. eg for gnu plot, matplot, images, sql statements ... tcpip stock comm., backups, It is not just temp and config data

Karl

(*)pibeacon, unifi, indigoplotd, utilities, minmax, secondssince, fingscan homeaway, shutdownaction, arduino

Page 1 of 1