Small touch screens

Posted on
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:54 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Small touch screens

That looks very interesting. It says it runs industrial android. I wonder if it could run DomoPad?

Yeah, it will.. That build (emteria) is based on RTAndroid which I had running on a Pi w/ DomoPad for a while. I had to load the Google stuff separately but it was a one command line operation over the network instead of all the hassle you have to go through on the Kindle Fires.

Not sure on the performance, I tried on some of the older Pi's and DomoPad ran okay but video (such as RTSP) would not play very well.

I like the idea of using the Pi, but I am not certain this is too much better than a Kindle Fire once setup. I realize cost is an issue and if I were using multiple tables would factor in for me, but the medium level Android tablets ($200-$300) are worth the upgrade -- they feel much smoother and overall are just a better experience. I'm also really liking the Google Hub and can't wait to work on some actions to connect to Indigo. That kind of has the best of both worlds, though isn't exactly wall mountable.

Posted on
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:00 pm
mundmc offline

Small touch screens

noel1983 wrote:
@mundc
Would you be happy to share some pics?
I’ve just got my first fire through and need to get cracking on some control pages

I’m very time poor so I’m hoping to donate some beer tokens to anyone who is willing to share some nice images and the graphics so I can do it in days and weeks rather than the months that I just won’t get around to!!

It’s mainly Sonos control I’m after for mine but interested in everything People have done

I’m time poor as well. I haven’t wall mounted yet, but here are some screenshots I took from my phone of the “Den” pages in my, um, den.

Note Sonos. It’s kinda hacky but works.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Posted on
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:07 pm
noel1983 offline

Re: Small touch screens

Nice thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk