Christmas / LED Light Strips

Posted on
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:03 am
RogueProeliator offline

Christmas / LED Light Strips

Anyone try "wrapping" windows in the LED light strips (e.g. Hue Strips or generic ones) for holiday lighting? I'm wondering if I wrapped the trim (on the sides, so the lights face outward rather than blindingly towards the street) if that would look any good? Or any similar ideas? If you have tried this and liked it, happen to have any pics?

If I could get something like that up and running, would be neat to be able to customize for other holidays too and be able to leave it up year round. Won't save me from many of the other Xmas decorations, though.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 pm
roussell offline

Re: Christmas / LED Light Strips

RogueProeliator wrote:
Anyone try "wrapping" windows in the LED light strips (e.g. Hue Strips or generic ones) for holiday lighting? I'm wondering if I wrapped the trim (on the sides, so the lights face outward rather than blindingly towards the street) if that would look any good? Or any similar ideas? If you have tried this and liked it, happen to have any pics?

If I could get something like that up and running, would be neat to be able to customize for other holidays too and be able to leave it up year round. Won't save me from many of the other Xmas decorations, though.

Adam

Wrap your windows with Hue light strips? I thought the lottery winner was in South Carolina, not Louisiana!!

I've been wanting to do this for a very long time, but haven't. Take a look at Dr. Zzs install on youtube. He uses Home Assistant, but has a lot of good ideas and is entertaining to watch. His implementation is been up for a year or so and he still uses it for every holiday, and to flash an emergency sequence if the alarm goes off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y6jUM1OaYM&t=

Terry

Posted on
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:20 pm
DaveL17 offline

roussell wrote:
Take a look at Dr. Zzs install on youtube.

That made my night. Thanks for sharing it.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Wrap your windows with Hue light strips?

Negative, one of the generic ones on Amazon for about $0.90/foot.

Posted on
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:13 am
Chockymonster offline

roussell wrote:
RogueProeliator wrote:

Adam

Wrap your windows with Hue light strips? I thought the lottery winner was in South Carolina, not Louisiana!!

I've been wanting to do this for a very long time, but haven't. Take a look at Dr. Zzs install on youtube. He uses Home Assistant, but has a lot of good ideas and is entertaining to watch. His implementation is been up for a year or so and he still uses it for every holiday, and to flash an emergency sequence if the alarm goes off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y6jUM1OaYM&t=

Terry

Thanks for sharing that. I really needed a new project to go with the hole in my head.

Page 1 of 1