Reload button for Indigo Touch

Posted on
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:06 am
PETStech offline

Reload button for Indigo Touch

I bought a few MagicLight wikibulbs on sale last week and am trying to integrate them into my lighting and light control system (which is, primarily, old X10 technology handled by Indigo). For the time being I’m using the Alexa Magic Home skill to manage the wikibulbs, and, currently, use Alexa to turn on/off/dim/schedule lights my X10 and MagicLight devices, and also use Indigo Touch form X10 devices.

I notice that whenever I add/edit a Magic Home device, all my Alexa devices go OFFLINE in Alexa | Smart Home | Devices and Alexa does not DISCOVER them, again, until I reload the Indigo Virtual Interface and Alexa-Hue Bridge plugin, which requires logging in remotely to my Indigo server.

Is or would it be possible to add an ONLINE button to Indigo Touch which would enable any Indigo Touch user to reload and ‘fix’ the OFFLINE problem whenever it happens? Or, is there an another, available solution for the non-tech Alexa and Indigo Touch user (e.g., the Mrs) to do this?

Thanks,

- Tom

Posted on
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Reload button for Indigo Touch

I'm not following how the Virtual Devices Interface has anything to do with your issue. Can you more fully describe the setup?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:01 pm
PETStech offline

Posted on
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, still not seeing where the Virtual Devices interface is involved... :?:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:10 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I notice that whenever I add/edit a Magic Home device, all my Alexa devices go OFFLINE in Alexa | Smart Home | Devices and Alexa does not DISCOVER them, again, until I reload the Indigo Virtual Interface and Alexa-Hue Bridge plugin, which requires logging in remotely to my Indigo server.

You are wanting a button to reload the plugin(s)? If so, you can possibly do that via an Action Group.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:41 pm
DaveL17 offline

Under Indigo 7.2 (I think it was a new feature in 7.2), you can reload a plugin from Server Actions.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1