MCO Touch Panel Switch part 2

Posted on
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:54 am
Scotfree offline

Re: MCO Touch Panel Switch part 2

I was looking to order a couple of these as well to work as scene controllers. They are the only ones I can find with led indicators that look like they are directly tied to the relays. Are you guys saying there is no relay status being sent back to indigo ? I was looking to use that status to trigger the scene on and off without connecting a load directly to the relays. Anyone know if this works ?

Posted on
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:00 pm
IndigoSam offline

Back when I had mine connected, under Indigo 6.x, I could send device changes from Indigo to each switch and they would turn on/off.

However, locally toggling any of the switches was not showing up as a status change in Indigo.

I have not tried it under Indigo 7, but then I have not seen it appear on any supported devices list.

Sam.

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:28 pm
howartp offline

If anyone has one to try, i'm happy to take a look at the Zwave commands it's reporting and see if adding it to my ZWave Scene Controller will help.

Peter

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:46 pm
IndigoSam offline

I can hook mine up again and send you the results.

It would have to be later in the week, but given you have already waited nearly two years for an answer from me, what are another few days! :-)
Unless anyone else chimes in before then, I will connect up an let you know the output.

I note that the latest ones are actually gen 5, whereas mine is not. Not sure if that would have any material difference.

Sam.

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:51 pm
howartp offline

Hehe, thanks Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 8:20 am
IndigoSam offline

Right then, I have finally found time to re-wire this switch in.

Same as before.

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 15.13.14.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 15.13.14.png (56.32 KiB) Viewed 3512 times

If I press any of the 4 switches on the device it operates the load attached, but Indigo does not show a status change.

Nothing appears in the log.

If I turn a switch/relay on from Indigo then the device related device switch does turn on/off.

Code: Select all
5 May 2018 at 15:17:53
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT setRelayValue: 01 0A 00 13 20 03 25 01 FF 25 E4 DF
   Z-Wave                          sent "032 - MCO 1" on

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 4:43 pm
howartp offline

Can you go to interfaces > Zwave > associations and see what’s listed for this device.

I suspect you need to add an association for group 5, node 1.

This tells the module to send status reports to node 1 (the controller).

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 2:02 am
IndigoSam offline

howartp wrote:
Can you go to interfaces > Zwave > associations and see what’s listed for this device.

I suspect you need to add an association for group 5, node 1.

This tells the module to send status reports to node 1 (the controller).

Peter - that worked! Thank you very much!

The big question for me, though, is how you knew to try that?

Looking at the documentation for the device:
Code: Select all
Group       Max Nodes  Description
1           1          Lifeline
2           5          Associate with Key 1 - send Basic Set Command to associated devices
5           5          Associate with Key 2 - send Basic Set Command to associated devices
8           5          Associate with Key 3 - send Basic Set Command to associated devices
11          5          Associate with Key 4 - send Basic Set Command to associated devices

This sort of suggests to me that group 5 would be used to associate the second button with up to 5 other devices directly, i.e. multiple switches controlling the same light without the normal wiring and kept in sync.

Sam.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 2:38 am
howartp offline

Excellent.

From the user manual on Vesternet:

The switch supports 5 association groups.

The first four groups are used for switching associated devices(switch N controlling group N),and each group can support up to 5 nodes or terminals.

The 5th association group is used for reporting devices’ state to the controller if any changes happen. This group supports one node, which defaults to controller node.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 3:07 am
IndigoSam offline

Okay, that was even more confusing for a little while, until I realised I was reading the user guide for the Gen 5 model, which has:

The device supports several (key numbers +1) association groups (AG). The 1st AG is used for
reporting devices’state to the controller if any changes happen. This group supports one Node, which
suggested to be controller Node. The rest AGs are used for switching associated devices,and they
can support up to 5 nodes each.

When I included the pre Gen 5 version yesterday it was set up as Group 1 associated with the controller. That looks like a correct set up for Gen 5, but not pre Gen 5.

If anyone else is till reading this :-)

If you get a new, Gen 5, version it should work out of the box, but I don't have one and cannot test it.
If you have or get a pre Gen 5 version, e.g. MH-S314 for the 4 gang, then you will need to apply the fix Peter details in this thread. I'm assuming that removing the Group 1 association (associated with controller) would be a good thing to do, too.

Sam

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:39 am
Scotfree offline

I have a couple of these MCO switches - 4 button Gen5s working as scene controllers, without anything physically attached to the relays but using virtual devices to activate/monitor scenes. They work well and look great but one annoying aspect is that whenever there is a restart of the ZWave controller or Indigo server (or sometimes when it feels like) the device goes into a state where the buttons will become out of sync. By that, I mean if you press switch 1, switch 3 comes on in the Indigo switch device and so on.

I've tried sending status requests and setting to 'Poll only when activity detected' but nothing seems to resolve this state until I do a re-sync of the device. Any suggestions on how to handle this ?

Posted on
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:34 am
IndigoSam offline

Scotfree wrote:
I have a couple of these MCO switches - 4 button Gen5s working as scene controllers, without anything physically attached to the relays but using virtual devices to activate/monitor scenes. They work well and look great but one annoying aspect is that whenever there is a restart of the ZWave controller or Indigo server (or sometimes when it feels like) the device goes into a state where the buttons will become out of sync. By that, I mean if you press switch 1, switch 3 comes on in the Indigo switch device and so on.

I've tried sending status requests and setting to 'Poll only when activity detected' but nothing seems to resolve this state until I do a re-sync of the device. Any suggestions on how to handle this ?

Not sure how I missed this and I'm not going to be a lot of help.

I have a 4 button pre Gen5 model. Due to the huge pattress box requirements mine is a glorified out building switch and I don't use the other 3 buttons. As I say, not a lot of help, but hopefully someone else can chime in.

Sam.

Posted on
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:41 pm
pocster offline

Are these MCO properly supported in Indigo now ?

Posted on
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
howartp offline

Gen5 or pre-Gen5?

I don’t know the answer, but I’m sure both can work with the Zwave Scene Controller plug-in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:09 pm
howartp offline

Matt/Jay, I can’t see these on the supported devices list.

Jays response was 2016.

We’ve identified in this thread that pre-gen5 don’t work out of the box because they need association to group 5.

Do you need anything from anyone to add them?

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro