Neo Connect / Neo Smart Blinds

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 pm
tornado offline

Neo Connect / Neo Smart Blinds

Hi Everyone,

Surprised I'm the first to ask about this but has anyone used/tested Neo Connect with Indigo:

https://www.selectblinds.com/blinds-sma ... ation.html

If not these, what else are people using the automate their blinds with Indigo?

Thanks

Joe

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:11 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Neo Connect / Neo Smart Blinds

I just did a little cursory check of the controller, it's kind of neat but it seems like a pretty closed system. They have an Alexa skill but no open API that I can see and without that it would be a total hack (if it was even possible).

For me I automated my binds over a decade ago with the humble Add-A-Motor curtain controller which is a simple on/off device that I plug into an Insteon plug. I wrote a plugin for it (but never published it) that gives me almost total control over the position it ends up in. For $99 it was a great purchase. It was a perfect solution to open shades that never had any kind of automation options.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

[MODERATOR NOTE] - Moved to the correct forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:51 am
tornado offline

For me I automated my binds over a decade ago with the humble Add-A-Motor curtain controller which is a simple on/off device that I plug into an Insteon plug. I wrote a plugin for it (but never published it) that gives me almost total control over the position it ends up in. For $99 it was a great purchase. It was a perfect solution to open shades that never had any kind of automation options.

Thanks for the response!

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:37 am
tornado offline

I just got this back when I did a tech inquiry to Neo asking about a RESTful API:

We don't have an open RESTful API at the moment. We'll migrate our backend at some point in the next months and we may create an open API at the same time.

What we do have is an open API for local communication using TCP/IP or local HTTP GET commands.

So I'm thinking it will work if I put a little elbow grease in...

Posted on
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:29 pm
mclass offline

Has anyone explored this further or have details of the TCP/IP or local HTTP GET commands?

TIA

mclass

Posted on
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:25 am
gadgetnut offline

I am considering the purchase of a motorized shade for a hard to reach skylight. The shade integrates with Neo Smart Controller and it would be awesome to control with Indigo. :D

Posted on
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:41 pm
mclass offline

After waiting some time, our new house with external Neo Smart blinds controlled through Neo Connect controller has become sufficiently accessible for me to "have a play".

Neo have an HTTP/TCP local API available that they were happy to supply on request.

I have used this API to implement up, down and stop commands via Indigo actions, without the need for a cloud connection to the the Neo Controller.

Still in prototype as there are some mechanical issues with the blinds, but appears to be a suitable/workable solution. There is potential for a plugin for the Neo controller, but this is beyond my capabilities. I can share my (primitive) Python script if this would be useful to form the basis of further development

mclass

Posted on
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:53 pm
gadgetnut offline

:D Yes, please!

Posted on
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:33 pm
mclass offline

OK, so here's a link to the script that can be used to create Indigo actions for local roller blind control with the Neo Smart Controller:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9byb09msho55ss7/NeoBlinds_PUBLIC_0.0.py?dl=0

and a link to the referenced Neo API document:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc85rhebtcvqs7d/Open%20Local%20HTTP%20Protocol%20V1.2.pdf?dl=0

Use at your own risk and I recommend that you have a working remote at hand when you're testing :roll:

If anyone's up for a challenge, a plugin that creates a blind device would be ideal - I'm afraid I don't have the skills (as you can probably tell from my primitive Python script :lol: )

mclass

Page 1 of 1