Control pages crash 1Password

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:54 am
DVDDave offline

Control pages crash 1Password

I realize this may not be a problem with Indigo, but I thought I would start here to see if others have this issue.

For months, probably starting with 1Password 7, all of my Indigo control pages crash 1Password. They seem to flash on the screen very briefly and then 1Password quits. This happens even with a newly created blank page without the default status on top. No other browsers have this problem.

Oddly enough, I tried unchecking the box that says "Hide Tab Bar at bottom..." and one of my pages did not crash 1Password a couple of times. However, it then returned to crashing and I have not been able to repeat that event. I was trying all kinds of experiments at that point so maybe something I did temporarily fixed things but I have no idea what that could be. Unchecking the box may have been a coincidence.

It's possible that password processing may be involved. When I remove the password from 1Password, it the request eventually times out instead of asking for a password or denying access,

No other web pages I've tried give any problems on 1Password so I suspect some feature Indigo is using must be triggering a bug. However, I have no idea what to ask the 1Password folks other than checking if others have a problem with Indigo pages and that is best asked here.

Thanks.

--Dave

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:25 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Control pages crash 1Password

Just to be clear, are you talking about the built-in browser in the 1Password app on iOS?

Or the 1Password plugin for Safari or Chrome?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:29 am
DVDDave offline

Built in browser in the 1Password app on iOS.

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:36 am
FlyingDiver offline

DVDDave wrote:
Built in browser in the 1Password app on iOS.

I would switch to using Safari or Chrome, now that iOS has support for password managers. I suspect the built-in browser will be going away soon.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:52 am
DVDDave offline

I’ve tried that but I can’t seem to get the built in pw Mgr or the 1Password plugin to recognize the control page url. You bring up a good point though and I’ll look at that more closely to see if I can store a generic url that will be recognized. Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:54 am
DVDDave offline

For some reason, the control page logins don't show up in the list of 1Password items in the iOS plugin, either with a search or browsing the list. Very strange. Do they show up for you, FlyingDiver? I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I can't quite put my finger on it. :?

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:55 am
FlyingDiver offline

I don't actually use control pages much, so I've never run into this. I'll take a look soon.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:57 am
DVDDave offline

Appreciate the help! Apparently I need all I can get. :oops:

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:22 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I tried, but I couldn't replicate what you're doing. Mainly because I wasn't able to get the Indigo remote access username/password into 1Password from the browser dialog. I'll be honest, I didn't spend that much time on it because I really couldn't figure out why you were doing it that way in the first place. The browser access to control pages is really not meant for iOS use. That's what Indigo Touch is for. Is there some reason you don't just use that?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:55 pm
DVDDave offline

You’re absolutely right! This was force of habit probably from before Indigo Touch worked with all my stuff, including SSL control pages and saved password. Some of my control page items rely on Safari for regular web access to my server but that use is less frequent so entering a name and pw isn’t too bad. I’ll switch over and leave this issue behind (assuming the engineer in me can let a tech problem go). Thanks again!

—Dave

Page 1 of 1