Model 3?

Posted on
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:00 am
polycron offline

Model 3?

I'm not sure if this is a Model 3 incompatibility or a python version issue...or something completely different. I received the following error after doing the configuration:

Code: Select all
   Tesla EV Control                Fetching vehicles...
   Tesla EV Control                1 vehicles found
   Tesla EV Control Debug          carListGenerator: [(u'----------------------', u'------(----------------)')]

Sep 7, 2018, 10:47:53 AM
   Tesla EV Control Debug          Device ID: 128771594
   Tesla EV Control                Tesla request doRefresh for vehicle -----------------------------
   Tesla EV Control Debug          doRefresh
   Tesla EV Control                Tesla request charge_state for vehicle -------------------------
   Tesla EV Control Debug          charge_state
   Tesla EV Control Error          Error in plugin execution UiClosed2:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 73, in closedDeviceConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 133, in vehicleStatus2
  File "plugin.py", line 140, in vehicleStatus2
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 118, in data_request
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 131, in get
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 69, in get
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 78, in post
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 96, in __open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 437, in open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 550, in http_response
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 475, in error
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 558, in http_error_default
HTTPError: HTTP Error 408: Request Timeout

I removed the vehicle info from the info above.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

Posted on
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:20 pm
polycron offline

Re: Model 3?

I think I may have figured out my issue. Well, sort of. Here is what I did:
  • I tried repeatedly, over the course of hours, to get the configuration to work and always received the errors in my previous post.
  • I hopped on my Tesla android app and saw on the bottom of the screen that it was "waking up". While this was happening, my data was old from the last time I was in the app.
  • Once it was woken up, I hopped into the device in Indigo and edited it. It worked, It created all the sql entries.
  • I then ran a refresh of the data and everything in the device populated.
  • I left things sit for 15 minutes and then attempted another action to refresh the data.....It failed with the same errors I was seeing before.

To try to combat this, I created an action to wake the car and then do a refresh of the data. Evidently it takes significant time for the car to actually wake up. I have not nailed down an exact time, but I tried to refresh repeatedly and eventually it did work. I'm planning to try it by doing the wake command and then doing the refresh as a time delayed action. I just have no idea how long to set the delay for. Has anyone experienced this and have a good idea on what to set the time to?

Jeff

Posted on
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:19 pm
polycron offline

Well, my delay between the wake-up command and the refresh command did not work. It seems that the wake-up command is not doing what it should be doing. The app will do the wake-up but the API doesn't seem to. At least not reliably on this Model 3.

Jeff

Posted on
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm
brianlloyd offline

Tesla just released a new version of the software for the cars and issued a changed version of the app. I notice that other apps that communicate with the car have been updated as well. My guess is that Tesla has changed the API and/or the wire protocol. This will probably require a mod to the plug-in.

Posted on
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm
brianlloyd offline

Just to provide a bit more info, here is everything from starting the plugin through the first query to the server:

Oct 10, 2018 at 12:19:12
Starting plugin "Tesla EV Control 1.0.7" (pid 30979)
Started plugin "Tesla EV Control 1.0.7"

Oct 10, 2018 at 12:19:45
Tesla EV Control Fetching vehicles...
Tesla EV Control 1 vehicles found
Tesla EV Control Debug carListGenerator: [(u'51432506199105159', u'Nicola (5YJ3E1EA4JF018669)')]
Tesla EV Control Debug Device ID: 608999703
Tesla EV Control Tesla request doRefresh for vehicle 51432506199105159
Tesla EV Control Debug doRefresh
Tesla EV Control Tesla request charge_state for vehicle 51432506199105159
Tesla EV Control Debug charge_state
Tesla EV Control Error Error in plugin execution UiClosed2:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 73, in closedDeviceConfigUi
File "plugin.py", line 133, in vehicleStatus2
File "plugin.py", line 140, in vehicleStatus2
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 118, in data_request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 131, in get
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 69, in get
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 78, in post
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Tesla Control.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/teslajson.py", line 96, in __open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 437, in open
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 550, in http_response
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 475, in error
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 558, in http_error_default
HTTPError: HTTP Error 408: Request Timeout

Oct 10, 2018 at 12:30:00
Schedule Nicola Poll battery
Action Collection Error State id (battery_level) isn't available for device model Tesla Vehicle - action not configured correctly

Page 1 of 1