EventLog using wrong log file

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:52 am
DVDDave offline

EventLog using wrong log file

After chugging along fine for years, now, after upgrading to Indigo 7.2, EventLog is getting its data from a very old copy of the log file.

I suspect this has something to do with the Indigo installer creating a new name (Indigo 7.2) for its directory in Application Support. I had a few other issues with this and some custom Applescripts, but I can't figure out why EventLog is broken. It's not listed in the Plugin menu and does not show up in the builtin plugin list in the forum. Probably just some configuration issue that I've forgotten about but I just can't find it. Help! Thanks!

--Dave

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:33 am
DVDDave offline

Re: EventLog using wrong log file

I added a missing reference to Indigo 7.2 in reqhandler.py in the IndigoWebServer/plugins/Eventlog directory. However, the wrong version of the log file is still loaded. Argh!

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:42 am
DVDDave offline

Success! I had to delete the reqhandler.pyc and restart the Indigo server to let it get rebuilt. Works now. BTW, same issue applies to FindMyDevices.

Jay and Matt, I suspect this is an oversight in the Indigo 7.2 installer, assuming EventLog is now a builtin plugin. However, since it isn't in the forum list of builtin plugins, I'm not sure.

--Dave

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We don't ship a plugin called EventLog, so it must be a 3rd party plugin of some kind. Note that Indigo Touch for iOS (but not for the web) now natively shows the event log if that's what you're using the plugin for.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:53 pm
DVDDave offline

Thanks for the reply, Jay. Realizing that the problem goes beyond EventLog, I posted a more general inquiry in the Installing/Moving... forum. To summarize, the new directory is creating problems with several plugins and a call to get the server version number does not seem to work. We can continue the discussion in the other forum if you're so inclined.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=21358

Thanks.

--Dave

Page 1 of 1