Trouble with Fibaro RGBW controller

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:24 am
haavarda offline

Trouble with Fibaro RGBW controller

A wile back I instralled my first led strip, and connected it to the Fibaro RGBW controller. Everything was working fine.
So, after some months Indigo suddenly stopped to update the status on the device. I tried a exclude / include, and the device was working as intended again.
But again after some time it stopped to report status. I was able to do a firmware update of the device, but again after some time the same issues occurred. So before I take the device back to the store I want to make sure that the issue is not with Indigo. The issue is that the sub devices is not updated when I change the composite device. I still receive power measurements from the device.

Below is a sync from the device. Any idea?

Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "Light - Bed Underglow - Composite"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 7, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 46, 48, 68, 80, 82, 88, 105, 116, 117, 125, 127, 136, 142, 144, 145, 148, 150, 154, 157, 158, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "147 - Light - Bed Underglow - Composite"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Fibaro System - 010F, RGBW Controller (FGRGBWM) - 09001000
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 3.67, app version 26.25
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Mulitlevel Switch : Dimmable Power Switch (04 : 11 : 01, base 26)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 60v3 26v1 86v1 27v1 72v1 70v1 31v2 32v2 33v1 85v1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved encrypt commands: - none -
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved capabilities: routing, beaming
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved multi-endpoint types: 1:(11 : 01), 2:(11 : 01), 3:(11 : 01), 4:(11 : 01), 5:(11 : 01)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved multi-endpoint classes: 1:[26], 2:[26], 3:[26], 4:[26], 5:[26]
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 2 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 3 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 4 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 5 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - added group 1 association to interface
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - added group 2 association to interface
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - added group 3 association to interface
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - added group 4 association to interface
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - added group 5 association to interface
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 16 "Power up to last known state" is true
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 8 "Outputs change mode" is 0
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 9 "On/Off dim delta" is 1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 10 "On/Off dim timer" is 10 milliseconds
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 13 "Minimum value" is 2
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 12 "Maximum value" is 255
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - complete
   Z-Wave                          sent "Light - Bed Underglow - Composite" status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "Light - Bed Underglow - Composite" energy status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "Light - Bed Underglow - Red" status request
   Z-Wave                          received "Light - Bed Underglow - Red" status update is off
   Z-Wave                          sent "Light - Bed Underglow - Green" status request
   Z-Wave                          received "Light - Bed Underglow - Green" status update is off
   Z-Wave                          sent "Light - Bed Underglow - Blue" status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "Light - Bed Underglow - White" status request

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:45 am
haavarda offline

Re: Trouble with Fibaro RGBW controller

Just an update.
I played with parameter 42. Tried it at 2. But with no luck.
I then tried to remove all associations, and only add the controller to group 5 as described in the copy from the manual below.
When I then changed parameter 42 back to default, the device updated sup devices again. Strange. Could it be a Indigo issue after all?

Fibaro RGBW Controller provides five association groups:
I association group assigned to I1 input - sends control frame to
associated devices each time the device state changes. (ON /
OFF)
II association group assigned to I2 input - sends control frame to
OFF)
III association group assigned to I3 input - sends control frame to
OFF)
IV association group assigned to I4 input - sends control frame to
OFF)
V association group reports device status. Only one device may
be assigned to this group, main controller by default. It's not
recommended to modify this group's settings.
Fibaro RGBW Controller allows for controlling up to 5 regular
devices (opposed to multi channel devices) per each association
group, out of which 1 field is reserved for the main controller

REPORTS:
42. Command class reporting Outputs status change
Default setting: 0
0 - reporting as a result of inputs and controllers actions (SWITCH
MULTILEVEL)
1 - reporting as a result inputs actions (SWITCH MULTILEVEL)
2 - reporting as a result of inputs actions (COLOR CONTROL

Håvard

Posted on
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:15 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with Fibaro RGBW controller

It sounds to me like there is a firmware bug and that configuration setting is getting lost/reset on the module. Indigo never changes configuration settings without the user executing an action (or UI change) to do so, so I'm not sure how this could be an Indigo problem. You could, as a work around, periodically just have Indigo set parameter 42 to 0 if that is what gets it working.

Page 1 of 1