Alarm.com integration

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:42 pm
rgspb offline

Alarm.com integration

I've tried searching the forums and have not been able to find an answer to my question. I've just upgraded my home alarm system with Alarm.com integration. I can now control and monitor my home alarm on my iPhone/iPad and also use Alexa to control it. How can I connect this to Indigo?
(Also It's not very clear which forum I should have posted this in, it's a little confusing)

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:21 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Alarm.com integration

There are several factors, but my guess is going to be no. There are several plugins for alarm panels, but they all require serial connections (I believe). The last time anyone talked about Alarm.com, they wouldn't allow extra boards to be added to their panels (even if the hardware that they installed was one for which there was a plugin).

If the panel they installed in your house is can be controlled by one of the plugins above, then you'd need to contact Alarm.com to see if they would install the appropriate serial interface to it.

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to a more appropriate forum since it's a question about hardware integration.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm
rgspb offline

Ok so it sounds like no matter what there will have to be a physical connection. Not really what I was hoping for. I guess I’ll just have to settle for Alexa integration. Thanks for the info!

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Well, I suppose it's possible they have a network based API - you'd have to ask them about that. If they do, then someone would need to write a plugin (or scripts) to use it. Seems unlikely though.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:25 am
FlyingDiver offline

I was able to get alarm status updates into Indigo by sending alert emails to an email address monitored by the BetterEmail plugin. Worked fine when the serial connection for my Concord4 panel was disconnected.

No way to control the panel using that method.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:29 am
FlyingDiver offline

Seems there's a reverse-engineered API library available: https://github.com/Xorso/pyalarmdotcom

So it should be possible to do something from Indigo.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1