"Proper" place to store my Indigo database

Posted on
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:42 am
boisy offline

"Proper" place to store my Indigo database

Hi everyone,

I have a Mac Pro which handles my SecuritySpy cameras and HA setup through Indigo 7. Yesterday it decided to suddenly shut down and refuse to come on, so I was forced to bring up a spare iMac to act as my Indigo server (it can't handle the demand of the network cameras so I moved that software to another iMac that I have).

I moved my /Library/Application Support/PerceptiveAutomation/Indigo 7 folder over from the hard drive that was in the Mac Pro over to the iMac, but was stymied because I couldn't remember where my database file was (it wasn't in the copied folder). Then I remembered that I had put it in the Documents folder of my home directory. Copying it over to the same location on the iMac and opening the database there from Indigo 7 worked and now everything is back up.

It got me to thinking: where do others place their Indigo database files? When you have a setup like mine, trying to recreate everything would be a major hassle, so keeping the database (and the plug-ins that it depends on) safe is of utmost importance.

For now, I've created a new folder under Documents called "Indigo" that holds custom scripts AND the database, plus a copy of my custom alarm plug-in that I wrote for talking to an Arduino that I have to monitor temperature and the state of a door.

Comments appreciated.

Posted on
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:02 am
racarter offline

Re: "Proper" place to store my Indigo database

/Library/Application Support/PerceptiveAutomation/Indigo 7/Databases (which is where the demo database resides).

Posted on
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:35 am
kw123 offline

You should not put a database into the documents directory.
If you use a later OS X it will sync that directory to the iCloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:52 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

racarter wrote:
/Library/Application Support/PerceptiveAutomation/Indigo 7/Databases (which is where the demo database resides).

+1 - that way, you only need to back up this directory (assuming you put everything in there) to have a complete backup of everything:

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/PerceptiveAutomation/Indigo 7/

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1