HomeKit and Flux LED not playing together nicely.

Posted on
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:25 pm
ELWOOD offline

HomeKit and Flux LED not playing together nicely.

Been having my mac mini server running hot and slowing down. Did a restart and all went back to normal, but
soon the trouble returned. Checked activity monitor and found one plugin using more than 100% CPU. Now I
figured it was not going to be easy to find which one was the trouble maker. That’s when I remembered that Karl’s
utility plugin had added CPU usage to variables had been added to the plugin and gave it a try.

Thank you Karl this sure saved me a lot of time:

CPU 1.png
CPU 1.png (160.69 KiB) Viewed 788 times

So home kit looked like the problem, also saw the FLUX LED was high for such a simple plugin, also still always get SQL Logger errors
related to FLUX LED devices.

SQL Logger Error exception trying to insert row into table device_history_76333152 ("LED-RBGW DEN") -- unable to modify table
SQL Logger Error ERROR: relation "device_history_76333152" already exists

SQL Logger Error INSERT INTO device_history_76333152 ("alertmode", "bluelevel", "bluelevel_ui", "brightnesslevel", "colorblue", "colorgreen", "colormode", "colorred", "colortemp", "colorx", "colory", "effect", "greenlevel", "greenlevel_ui", "hue", "onoffstate", "online", "redlevel", "redlevel_ui", "saturation", "whitelevel", "whitelevel_ui") VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s);

So disabled FLUX LED and all went back to normal and the Mini cooled down.

CUP 2.png
CUP 2.png (151.56 KiB) Viewed 788 times

So I don’t know which plugin needs fixing but I am guessing it’s FLUX.

Again thanks to Karl and your utilities plugin for making trouble shooting so simple.

Elwood

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:17 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit and Flux LED not playing together nicely.

The way that HKB handles color is through the Indigo commands as there is no direct special plugin for Flux LED. I wonder if it doesn't like using those. Are you able to change colors from the Indigo UI buttons on the device page without any problems?

The other thing that happens is that HomeKit sends a bunch of commands rapidly, so if you are using your finger to slide around colors then each color change is sending 3-4 commands to Indigo to process, and they can get backed up as they try to execute. If the Flux plugin doesn't handle the requests quickly then that may be the bottleneck.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1