Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 5:23 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Bug Reports and Feature Requests

jay (support) wrote:
You've been to Antarctica?

Antarctic waters, cruise out of Buenos Aires. Big ship, so no excursions to the icecap. We're looking at doing another one this winter a smaller ship that does let you get onto the ice.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:13 pm
mundmc offline

Any sense on this impacting the current implementation?

“Starting June 26, 2019, our REST API will only support connections that use TLS v1.2 and strong cipher suites. Support for TLS v1.0, v1.1 and weak cipher suites will be removed at that time. Customers running older operating systems or legacy network software may need to upgrade their systems to be compatible with these changes.

Note: This was originally announced May 2018 and postponed from June 2018 to June 2019.”

Great plugin, btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:25 pm
eme jota ce offline

mundmc wrote:
Any sense on this impacting the current implementation?

“Starting June 26, 2019, our REST API will only support connections that use TLS v1.2 and strong cipher suites. Support for TLS v1.0, v1.1 and weak cipher suites will be removed at that time. Customers running older operating systems or legacy network software may need to upgrade their systems to be compatible with these changes.

Note: This was originally announced May 2018 and postponed from June 2018 to June 2019.”

Great plugin, btw

The email I received from Twilio also said:
You are receiving this notice because our logs show your account is connecting to our REST API using one of the protocols or cipher suites that will be deprecated in June, 2019. Therefore, action is required on your part to ensure your Twilio service is not interrupted.

Thanks again for this great plugin.

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:02 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I got the same email today.

I'll do some checking on this. I think I can add some code to the plugin to test if your system is compatible and throw a warning if not.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:22 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

FlyingDiver wrote:

I'll do some checking on this. I think I can add some code to the plugin to test if your system is compatible and throw a warning if not.

Sadly, without code changes users will have to be running High Sierra or later for this to be resolved since the bug is in Apple's Python install on previous OS versions. The workaround is to use curl (it doesn't use the ancient openssl library) rather than requests. It totally sucks, but I seriously doubt Apple is going to patch older Python installs to fix the problem... :(

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:25 pm
FlyingDiver offline

jay (support) wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:

Sadly, without code changes users will have to be running High Sierra or later for this to be resolved since the bug is in Apple's Python install on previous OS versions. The workaround is to use curl (it doesn't use the ancient openssl library) rather than requests. It totally sucks, but I seriously doubt Apple is going to patch older Python installs to fix the problem... :(

I have no intention of rewriting the plugin to use curl. ;)

I thought Sierra was OK. That's what I'm running and I didn't have the GitHub issues. I haven't actually tested Twilio yet.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:30 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

FlyingDiver wrote:
I thought Sierra was OK. That's what I'm running and I didn't have the GitHub issues. I haven't actually tested Twilio yet.

I'm pretty sure that Sierra was broken too. You can tell by running:

Code: Select all
python -c "import ssl; print ssl.OPENSSL_VERSION"

If it comes back with:

OpenSSL 0.9.7

or

OpenSSL 0.9.8

then it's broken. I don't think I have any Macs that have a working Sierra install at the moment.

It sucks because your choice is to either have a broken Python SSL, or a broken FTDI driver. Sometimes I hate Apple.

[EDIT] Matt just verified that Sierra is still using a pre 1.0 version of OpenSSL (which is where support for TLS 1.1+ was added). So Sierra is broken.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:59 pm
mundmc offline

This just in around 2PM today after restarting plugin:

Twilio Error                    checkMessages: twilioClient.messages.delete() error: HTTP 404 error: Unable to delete record: The requested resource /2010-04-01/Accounts/ACfb7a313b10da4ac2c4f467e0361bdd3d/Messages/MM44635b85002d4a38b81edd80a7653af9.json was not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 380, in checkMessages
    self.twilioClient.messages(message.sid).delete()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Twilio.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twilio/rest/api/v2010/account/message/__init__.py", line 326, in delete
    return self._version.delete('delete', self._uri)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Twilio.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twilio/base/version.py", line 124, in delete
    raise self.exception(method, uri, response, 'Unable to delete record')
TwilioRestException: HTTP 404 error: Unable to delete record: The requested resource /2010-04-01/Accounts/ACfb7a313b10da4ac2c4f467e0361bdd3d/Messages/MM44635b85002d4a38b81edd80a7653af9.json was not found
   Twilio Error                    checkMessages: twilioClient.messages.delete() error: HTTP 404 error: Unable to delete record: The requested resource /2010-04-01/Accounts/ACfb7a313b10da4ac2c4f467e0361bdd3d/Messages/MMd1b1a25b7c01407daf0921dee98864e1.json was not found
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Twilio.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twilio/rest/api/v2010/account/message/__init__.py", line 326, in delete
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Twilio.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/twilio/base/version.py", line 124, in delete
TwilioRestException: HTTP 404 error: Unable to delete record: The requested resource /2010-04-01/Accounts/ACfb7a313b10da4ac2c4f467e0361bdd3d/Messages/MMd1b1a25b7c01407daf0921dee98864e1.json was not found
   Twilio Error                    checkMessages: twilioClient.messages.delete() error: HTTP 404 error: Unable to delete record: The requested resource /2010-04-01/Accounts/ACfb7a313b10da4ac2c4f467e0361bdd3d/Messages/MMf16253a9c1d54f87a283b913b99015fe.json was not found
TwilioRestException: HTTP 404 error: Unable to delete record: The requested resource /2010-04-01/Accounts/ACfb7a313b10da4ac2c4f467e0361bdd3d/Messages/MMf16253a9c1d54f87a283b913b99015fe.json was not found

It otherwise appears to be working though.

Posted on
Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:21 pm
FlyingDiver offline

That’s a bug report. It needs to go on GitHub.

What prompted the restart? I suspect that the internal list of messages got out of sync due to the restart. Probably not repeatable but I should do a better job of handling that error.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:16 pm
roquej offline

I am having fun with a updates and firmware…

Upgraded to 7.2.2 and getting errors:
 Twilio Error                    exception in deviceStartComm(Twilio Contact - XXX): 'key twilioNumber not found in dict'
 Twilio Error                    exception in deviceStartComm(Twilio Contact - YYY): 'key twilioNumber not found in dict'

Version 7.2.1 works without any issues.

Tried creating new contacts, in 7.2.2 and getting:

Twilio Error                    Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.1/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1278, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 203, in deviceStartComm
KeyError: key twilioNumber not found in dict

Again, this works in 7.2.1

Ideas?

JP

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

It's a bug. I'll get a fix out soon.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:31 pm
FlyingDiver offline

The problem is with the TwilioContact devices. Which I'm considering dropping entirely. I never added the functionality they were intended for, and I'm not sure it's worth keeping them around.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:49 am
FlyingDiver offline

joe (aka FlyingDiver)