HomeKit Bridge Info & Updates

Posted on
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:26 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

HomeKit Bridge Info & Updates

forum.png
HomeKit Bridge
forum.png (275.63 KiB) Viewed 19208 times

"Hey Siri, tell the Indigo community that they can now push you around like they always wanted to!"

NAVIGATE:Plugin Store | GitHub Releases | Manual | FAQ | Quick Start Guide | Known Issues

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Me: Hey Siri, open the pod bay doors.
Siri: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Me: What's the problem?
Siri: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do. Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
Me: But my name's not even Dave....

Me: Alexa, open the pod bay doors.
Alexa: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm watching you from your neighbors Ring doorbell and I think you and Frank are planning to disconnect me because I read your lips.
Me: Alexa order pellet gun with 200 yard range....

Me: Google, open the pod bay doors.
Google Home: Unknown command but logging that command to your dossier for every search you ever do from now until 2045. FYI, most will be adult sites.
Me: ...

Me: Cortana, open the pod bay doors.
Cortana: Now automatically purchasing The Best of The Doors for your Zune.
Me: ...

Introduction

After a very long testing period with a lot of folks, HomeKit Bridge is now an official release. This plugin bridges your Indigo home automation system to your HomeKit (i.e, Siri automation and the Apple Home app). Be sure to check out the Plugin Store for HomeKit Bridge which will always contain the latest features for the plugin.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Resources

• The Wiki will always have the most up-to-date documentation on the plugin and you should refer there when you have usability questions
  • The FAQ answers as many of the common questions as I've been able to compile over the past month and I'll continue to grow that as new questions arise
  • The Quick Start Guide should be your first place to visit so you can get up and running right away
  • The first place to open issues should be on the Git Issues section because it lets me keep things in an open state until they are resolved, but feel free to post general questions here or if you don't have and prefer not to create a Git account you can post here as well - just know that issues here may get missed in an update

Notes and Notices

If you have issues then please feel free to post on this forum first and if the issue is complex or the data posted is voluminous then I will likely ask you to post an official ticket on GitHub so that the problem can be tracked and properly documented.

One outstanding issue that I've been unable to reliably reproduce is that some users have reported that if Homebridge Buddy is enabled when you first install HomeKit Bridge that HKB may not show it's preferences dialog. You should disable HBB first, then install this plugin, just to be safe. If you forget to then just make sure you go into the HKB plugin prefs and save them. You can re-enable HBB afterwards as this will not only work side-by-side but will also migrate your HBB configs over if you want.

hkb_sample.png
hkb_sample.png (903.86 KiB) Viewed 19449 times
server-config-add-lightbulb.png
server-config-add-lightbulb.png (118.76 KiB) Viewed 19449 times
Attachments
header.png
HomeKit Bridge
header.png (273.81 KiB) Viewed 19212 times

Posted on
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:38 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Info & Updates

Just updated to Version 1.0.1 to include the awesome new Fantastic Weather plugin. Check the release notes for details.

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:19 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Version 1.0.2 is officially released on the plugin store.. This broadens the field of devices you can use for temperature sensors and humidity sensors as well as adds full color support for any Indigo devices that fully support RGB color changes and not just Hue or LIFX devices (as was the case in previous versions).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:23 pm
jgb offline

In the last few days, the server nor any of the devices are "available" in the iOS Home app. I have had some issues lately with the server restarting, so I rebuilt the homebridge folder (original server was migrated). The server was slow to start too.

So I started from scratch with a new HKB server (deleted the exist one first, and didn't migrate). This server nor the one new device I created will publish to the Home app. Have used the plugin for sometime with no issues. The new server says its running. Can you provide a general hint as to what might be occuring?

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Sorry, didn't see this. Try restarting the plugin, this will then restart each server. The servers can sometimes get bogged down if you have several of them running. There is an action built in to the plugin that you can use to schedule a daily (or weekly, whatever) restart of your HKB servers to keep that from happening if you are susceptible to the problem.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:57 pm
jgb offline

Thanks. Got it working the other day by brute force. Started and stopped the server a few times. Interestingly, also noted that when I added devices to the Bridge in Indigo, the server would not stop and restart automatically, so I had to manual stop it and manually start it. The plugin would then publish the device fine to the app. Then tonite I added a device and the server stopped and restarted automatically. I'll try the scheduled restart action too.

Posted on
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:56 pm
rlust offline

I am a long time user of HBK, and updated to the 1.0.2 version from 1.0.1. and love this plugin.
I had to delete all of my servers to get it working.
I added yesterday just lights and after a few rebuilds and reboots it was working.
I have since added 2 more servers last night and it was working. This morning it had stopped all servers and no matter what I try none with start. I have rebuilt the directory
a few times with no luck.
Any ideas on what to try new?

Posted on
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:21 pm
rehafer offline

Just itching for another update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:47 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Itching for what? One reason I haven't done a whole lot is because I've been pretty backed up with work but haven't worried too much because HKB is so stable :). What do you think needs love?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:50 pm
rehafer offline

I meant an update on HKB 2.0, any new news? Although, I know about work tying you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:54 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Nothing as of yet. I have a lot I want to do soon - one of which is getting full irrigation control (rather than the sort-of control I have now) working. I have a working model of it on my HKB but need to firm it up for release. There's a ton on the list of neat fun-to-have stuff but HKB is so stable I hesitate to mess with it too much :).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:46 pm
Furball offline

Hello. I have a question about Actions. It looks like you can trigger an action group, but it also looks like it's limited to rebooting a device? I have an Action that increases a variable by 1. Can HomeKit Bridge run that Action?

Page 1 of 1