Weather Station

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:24 pm
jltnol offline

Weather Station

So I've browsed the forums here but can't quite put the pieces together to get done what I'm trying to do, which is local weather measurement.

I see there seems to be ways to put pieces and parts together to construct a weather station out of parts, but I'm really hoping to find a solution that is easier for me to implement. I found this weather station onlinehttps://www.acurite.com/5-in-1-weather-station-color-display-wireless-network-connection.html, and it seems to do everything I'd like, but don't see a way to get this data into Indigo.

I'm not so sold on this unit in particular, but like the idea that all the pieces and parts are in one place, and it runs on WiFi, as opposed to some other protocol.

So, a few questions.

1. Since this unit works on WiFi, it is possible to get the data into Indigo? Perhaps with the Cynical Network plugin? Is there another plugin that could harvest the info?

2. Are there any other stations that have Indigo plugins already up and running?

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:05 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Weather Station

If you're looking for weather station hardware that's local to your home, then there is the WeatherSnoop plugin (talk so to WeatherSnoop which talks to a variety of weather station hardware), the Netatmo plugin that talks to their hardware, and then of course you could go low-level with the RFX plugin to talk to various sensors.

If you're OK with hyper local weather, try DaveL's Fantastic Weather plugin (in beta).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:24 am
jltnol offline

This is a big help.

So I'm assuming that I need to purchase the Weather Snoop software, and then the Weather Snoop Indigo Plugin interfaces with the software, correct?

Posted on
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jltnol wrote:
So I'm assuming that I need to purchase the Weather Snoop software, and then the Weather Snoop Indigo Plugin interfaces with the software, correct?

Yes.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1