Update paused - tap anywhere to resume

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:31 pm
Londonmark offline

Update paused - tap anywhere to resume

Hi

I’m getting the above message periodically on an always on iPad. Seems to be an Indigo message but don’t know what it’s referring to or how to stop it. Any ideas?

LM

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:42 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Update paused - tap anywhere to resume

That sounds like an iOS message.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207165

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:43 pm
Londonmark offline

I thought that but it’s not in an Apple format and it only shows up when Indigo is the active app.

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:41 pm
CraigM offline

I get that message 100% of the time on my iPhone [never on my iPads] when using Indigo App.

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:06 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That occurs when the connection for Indigo Touch is currently using a reflector and there have been no UI touches for several minutes. In that case Indigo pauses it automatic updates to prevent excessive bandwidth from bouncing off of our reflector servers. You should not see the message if you are at home on your local WiFi network and Indigo Touch has directly connected to the Indigo Server (because in that case the reflector isn't used).

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:12 pm
CraigM offline

The ONLY time i have ever seen that message is at home on my local WiFi network connected to Indigo.

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Press the Settings (gear) icon in Indigo Touch. At the top left in white text on purple background it will say, "Connected via ..." What does is say: WiFi, Bonjour Wi-Fi, or Reflector? If it doesn't say Reflector then you won't see the message. If it does say Reflector then reselect your Indigo Server name from the table on that panel and see how it reconnects (Wi-Fi, Reflector).

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:22 pm
CraigM offline

iPhone 5s [has message] = Wi-Fi
iPad 4 & 6 [no message] = Bonjour Wi-Fi

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Okay, then you won't see the message *unless* one of those connections fails and Indigo falls back on trying the reflector and that works.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 pm
Londonmark offline

Thanks Matt. I will just connect directly to the server IP address and that should solve it.

Posted on
Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:55 am
mgolden50 offline

On one of my iPads this happens frequently. On another it happens occasionally. I have checked as per this thread's comments, and the iPads are connected with WiFi. Is there any way to suppress this?

Posted on
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Inside Indigo Touch if you create a new connection (adding it manually) for the local IP address of your Indigo Mac then you should never see the "update paused" message.

Posted on
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:14 am
GlennNZ offline

Hi Matt

The downside to this method - which in my testing does fix the paused message - is that if you connect using Local IP then if the Indigo Web Server restarts, or goes down for any reason - then the iOS Touch defaults back to enter username/password screen.

This isn’t ideal for mounted kiosk type devices. Anytime I come back from being away the mounted ipad typically has this screen because no one else in the house can be bothered entering these details. Hence have gone back to the Bonjour Wifi which seems to auto login much better. (downside the paused message thought)

If any update to IT could cache password for local IPs and/or that would be great!

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Well, the ultimate solution would be to figure out why the iOS device is failing to connect to the Indigo Server on the local network (thus forcing it to try over the reflector instead). Indigo Touch will only switch to the reflector if it can't communicate locally, and you'll only see this error if it's connected over the reflector.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:20 am
norcoscia offline

I have had this happen and both times it started after an IOS update - completely shutting down the IPAD and restarting fixed it. I seems like something does not get finished (a part of the IOS update) until the total restart but I’m only guessing…

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1