IFTTT Action plugin

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:25 am
rycardo offline

Re: IFTTT Action plugin

This!

Please?

jmdraper wrote:
Whilst looking into this, I see that IFTTT now offer a paid Partner tier at $199 per month and soon to offer a new 'Maker tier' as well, though that's not launched yet so not clear what that offers.

But it looks like Indigo could pay $199 per month to have a proper Indigo channel on IFTTT. What about it Matt or Jay? Could this be a feature that could be included in an Indigo Up to Date subscription?

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:52 am
cjp767 offline

Has anyone been able to get this plugin to work with Indigo 7.0.3 and Mac OS 10.12.3 and plugin version 0.32? I've double and triple checked everything to be sure it's set up properly. My App API Key is just a bunch of letters and numbers I copy/pasted into the setup (not the whole https thing), as someone mentioned earlier in the thread. I've also checked to be sure my Maker channel executes the command via a web browser.

This is a particularly brilliant plugin because it overcomes a rather puzzling restriction with IFTTT-- Each IFTTT command can only execute one event. Using Indigo, we can create an action group that will send several IFTTT commands! (and add all that magic Indigo logic and conditionals).

Here's my vision-- When I'm ready to leave the house: "Alexa turn on Departure." And both my garage door and driveway gate open (using my Gogo Gate2 device and 2 IFTTT events). Yes, I think I could add a Indigo compatible garage door device, but I can't find one to control a driveway gate-- It's really far from the Z-wave network.

Can anyone offer any guidance? I may have missed something, as is usually the case!

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:06 am
Different Computers offline

I really want to like IFTTT. Really. I've tried using it for years.

But it's just not nice to you. Logging is primitive to nonexistent, same for technical support, and now they're admitting that applets can take a ridiculous amount of time to run. (I guess that's an improvement, since they used to blithely represent their stuff as happening quickly.)

Oh, and if they unilaterally decide they don't like some way you're using their service, they'll just disable the applet without telling you a thing, leaving you to troubleshoot it for hours before realizing that they've turned it off without notice.

So while sure, I guess I would find ways to make use of an integrated IFTTT channel, mostly all I've used it for in the past year is to integrate Zigbee sensors I should really have just replaced with Z-wave stuff much sooner than now when I'm getting around to it.

Here's a pointed question: Is anyone happily integrating IFTTT with Indigo currently?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:08 am
rycardo offline

Hey,

I agree with the post immediately following yours, from Different Computers. I do successfully use the plug-in, but no longer happily. There is a significant delay between the time the "THIS" happens, and when "THAT" is triggered. I try now to only use it for less time sensitive tasks, which is not what my intent was initially.

I think there is a plug-in for Indigo that acts similar to a virtual device, turning on the device makes one url request, turning it off makes an other url request. At some point I want to look in to that plug-in to use with my more time sensitive triggers. Although, that will only work with devices/services that offer a RESTful API, or are a simple url.

I should also point out, that long delay has everything to do with IFTTT, and nothing to do with the plug-in. In my experience, the plug-in does exactly what it is suppose to do, when it's suppose to do it.

Rycardo

cjp767 wrote:
Has anyone been able to get this plugin to work with Indigo 7.0.3 and Mac OS 10.12.3 and plugin version 0.32? I've double and triple checked everything to be sure it's set up properly. My App API Key is just a bunch of letters and numbers I copy/pasted into the setup (not the whole https thing), as someone mentioned earlier in the thread. I've also checked to be sure my Maker channel executes the command via a web browser.

This is a particularly brilliant plugin because it overcomes a rather puzzling restriction with IFTTT-- Each IFTTT command can only execute one event. Using Indigo, we can create an action group that will send several IFTTT commands! (and add all that magic Indigo logic and conditionals).

Here's my vision-- When I'm ready to leave the house: "Alexa turn on Departure." And both my garage door and driveway gate open (using my Gogo Gate2 device and 2 IFTTT events). Yes, I think I could add a Indigo compatible garage door device, but I can't find one to control a driveway gate-- It's really far from the Z-wave network.

Can anyone offer any guidance? I may have missed something, as is usually the case!

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:07 pm
cjp767 offline

Thanks for the replies-- I do have good luck with using the TRIGGER command to Alexa-- "Alexa trigger open the gate" -- Alexa can go directly to IFTTT (using the word TRIGGER) and it works reasonably quickly, but sometimes not immediately. I'd like to use Indigo to send a couple commands to IFTTT to get both the garage door and gate open (and Z-wave commands to shut off lights and other stuff) without me standing there dictating an entire paragraph to Alexa.

I have yet to have my command from the Indigo Plugin actually show up in the IFTTT log and execute, so IFTTT has never seen the "this" and, naturally, the "that" has never happened. It's not just delayed, I've never had it work. And that's why I thought I might have missed something with the plugin.

I haven't seen the plugin that will send a url request. Really, all we need to do is send the http: command to the maker channel and it will execute, so if there's a plugin that can send that it would make our lives easier. If someone could point me to it, that would be great. There are so many excellent plugins, I just haven't been able to find that one. Thank you again for everyone's help and guidance.

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:32 am

The URL Request plugin I use is EPS Device Extension.

There might be others.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:57 am
Japple55 offline

While great in concept, I was never happy with the erratic timing of IFTTT execution so I stopped using it. I'm not sure if a dedicated channel at $200/mo. would/could improve the timing.

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:23 pm
cjp767 offline

Thank you for pointing out the EPS Device Extension Plugin. It's working perfectly when sending IFTTT triggers. I'll take any future questions/comments to a more appropriate EPS thread. Again, so many brilliant plugins-- I just have a difficult time finding which one(s) will work for whatever project I might be working on at the moment. Thanks again.

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Glad it worked for you!

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:53 pm
cjp767 offline

I haven't used this plugin for about a year, and now I'm back trying again now that it has been updated for the Plugin Store--- and nothing gets to IFTTT . I've been successfully using the EPS Device Extension plugin to send requests to the maker (now called Webhooks) channel of IFTTT. There's likely something that is entirely obvious that I'm missing--- My requests from this plugin never make it to IFTTT (the EPS works fine). Any ideas?

Mac OS 10.13.3
Indigo 7.1.1
IFTTT Plugin 0.4.0 (from the Plugin Store)

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:03 pm
FlyingDiver offline

cjp767 wrote:
I haven't used this plugin for about a year, and now I'm back trying again now that it has been updated for the Plugin Store--- and nothing gets to IFTTT . I've been successfully using the EPS Device Extension plugin to send requests to the maker (now called Webhooks) channel of IFTTT. There's likely something that is entirely obvious that I'm missing--- My requests from this plugin never make it to IFTTT (the EPS works fine). Any ideas?

Mac OS 10.13.3
Indigo 7.1.1
IFTTT Plugin 0.4.0 (from the Plugin Store)

Any debug logging output?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:54 am
cjp767 offline

My Event log shows the plugin startup, then shows when I fire my Action Group that includes one command to the IFTTT. I copy/pasted the key and the IFTTT Applet name from the (working) maker channel setup, just to be sure. The IFTTT Applet did not fire. The problem is clearly me-- I'm probably missing something very obvious.

Enabling plugin "IFTTT Action 0.4.0"
Starting plugin "IFTTT Action 0.4.0" (pid 56860)
Started plugin "IFTTT Action 0.4.0"
IFTTT Action Debug Startup

Mar 17, 2018 at 06:38:54
Action Group IFTTT plugin test not maker channel

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:03 am
FlyingDiver offline

I just looked at the plugin code. There's basically no debug logging in there at all, so no way to see what it's trying to do.

Post screen shots of the plugin config dialog and the action config. Maybe we can see something there.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 am
editordz offline

I am having the exact same problem. I can trigger an IFTTT webhook applet perfectly fine through a direct URL (https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/test/wi ... xxxxxxxxxx) or via CURL. But an action through the plugin doesn't look like it's reaching IFTTT at all. If anyone has this figured out, I'd love to get some help getting this to work. Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:14 pm
jtburgess offline

I just installed the IFTTT plugin (v0.4.0). I assume the "API Key" is what is now the xxxx in my Webhooks setting url:
https://maker.ifttt.com/use/xxxx

The reason I think I want IFTTT is that I have a WyzeCam, which has no published API, but does have IFTTT actions.
I currently have an IFTTT behavior which sends me email when the WyzeCam detects motion.
What I really want is to add indigo intelligence. For example, when it detect motion, have indigo python script decide if I'm home or on vacation? Am I awake or in bed? Was the motion generated from an Indigo "Light Off" action? (Yes, it often thinks my lights going off is motion. Go figure).

But it seems there is only an IFTTT "action", I cannot use it as a "Trigger".
Will IFTTT triggers be implemented?

FYI - I did discover a reverse-engineered, undocumented, unsupported, web / JSON Wyze camera protocol on GitHub, but it doesn't include motion detection triggers :cry:

I guess could have the IFTTT action send email to my Indigo login, but that seems like a real hack: WyzeCam -> IFTTT -> email -> Indigo.

Does anybody have any other ideas how I can get a WyzeCam "motion detected" trigger into Indigo?