Online Sensor plugin

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Online Sensor plugin

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
The reason I know this is because I only allocate about 50 addresses for DHCP non-static devices, everything else is static DHCP and I keep having to shrink the DHCP pool to accommodate more devices :roll:.

Or you could change your network mask and have a bigger pool to start with. ;)

I currently have about 50 devices on the network. Plus the UniFi equipment.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:22 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

kmarkley wrote:
That should be possible and seems useful for more than just local devices. Probably won't get to it for a few days, at least.

Another thought I had about this would be if there was a timer option. This occurred to me as I watch how often my watches, phones and tablets go up and down, if I could set something that says "this is really only OFF when there has been no reply for X minutes" or something - this would also alleviate the issue of each on/off being logged every few seconds because the sensor would stay on unless it hasn't gotten a response for X minutes.

FlyingDiver wrote:
Or you could change your network mask and have a bigger pool to start with.

I could but a class C is just fine for my needs I think, no need to tweak it. I could also subnet and only put things into a particular subnet that I want to monitor to make that device creation smaller, but both of these options require a fairly massive restructuring of what I've already described as a large IP network :wink:.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:02 am
kmarkley offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
if I could set something that says "this is really only OFF when there has been no reply for X minutes" or something

The plugin already does this, although it's not really explained. For 'LAN Ping' devices, the Persist Cycles setting sets how many consecutive pings are required for the sensor to change state. So for example, setting the persist cycles to 4 means that the plugin sensor device will turn off after 4 consecutive failed pings. It will turn back on after 4 consecutive successful pings.

Since pings are discreet events and not really continuous monitoring, using a purely time-based approach didn't make sense to me. It's theoretically possible for your device to wake up briefly but only between ping cycles and never be noticed.

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ahh, see I thought the persist was the count of how many pings in succession would be performed and if any failed then it was a fail, obviously not sure what that was for! Thanks :).

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:14 pm
kmarkley offline

New version 0.0.13 available in the plugin store:

• different update frequencies when ON or OFF
• different persist cycles when ON or OFF
• slightly better device config help text
• proper unicode logging

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:51 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thank you for the update, I look forward to trying it out :).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:30 am
MountainEars offline

Possible to add latency controls, similar to the speedtest I guess. If latency is over/under a threshold, identify that?

Posted on
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:23 pm
MountainEars offline

Latency may be good to add if you want, but I figured a way to do what I need for now. Essentially I'm having some issues and at times the latency is a little high or the network is down completely I didn't want to reset things every time it showed down because it could have been a high latency moment.

So instead I'm using variables, testing every minute with your plugin, incrementing it when it is showing down, reseting to 0 when it is up. If it shows down for 6 consecutive tries, then I reset.

Having a latency option though could help make that setup easier, if I could adjust the latency that is used to determine if it is up or down.

Posted on
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:17 am
aderrington offline

Hi,
Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on an issue i'm having currently.
A few days ago the speedtest stopped working, and it now won't update, When i run a full status update i get the following:
Code: Select all
   Online Sensor Debug             Debug logging enabled
   Online Sensor Debug             actionControlSensor: Internet Speed Test
   Online Sensor                   "Internet Speed Test" status request
   Online Sensor Debug             performSpeedtest: Internet Speed Test
   Online Sensor Error             <urlopen error [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)>
   Online Sensor Debug             performSpeedtest: 0.130108833313 seconds
   Online Sensor Debug             updating states on device "Internet Speed Test":
   Online Sensor Debug                   onOffState: False

Anyone got any idea?
I'm running the latest version as i've only updated it today. (V0.0.14)

Thanks
Andrew

Posted on
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:05 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

lanbrown wrote:
You need to upgrade to High Sierra or Mojave.

Note that you might hit the macOS driver bugs when you upgrade (if you're using an RFXCOM or a Insteon PowerLinc) - unfortunately there's no way to know for sure in advance.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:08 pm
aderrington offline

Thanks,

All working again now. Not sure what changed but i was still running on sierra and it started working again randomly.
I've upgraded to High sierra now anyway so hopefully the issue won't pop back up.

Cheers,
Andrew

Posted on
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:05 pm
domlazar offline

after a trigger is created, how to copy the new IP address to put in mail (notification)

Mac OS Montery 12.2.1 macmini
Indigo Pro 2021.2
Powerlinc 2413U

Posted on
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:24 pm
bdubnm offline

All,

Is anyone else having this issue with SpeedTest? I have been experiencing it for some time now.

Last time it worked: 2019-09-09T20:45:48.000765Z

Code: Select all
Jan 12, 2020 at 11:19:09 AM
   Online Sensor Debug             Debug logging enabled
   Online Sensor Debug             actionControlSensor: Network - Speedtest - Download
   Online Sensor                   "Network - Speedtest - Download" status request
   Online Sensor Debug             performSpeedtest: Network - Speedtest - Download
   Online Sensor Debug               ...get best server...
   Online Sensor Debug               ...download...
   Online Sensor Debug               ...results...
   Online Sensor Error             Could not submit results to speedtest.net
   Online Sensor Debug             performSpeedtest: 13.3627111912 seconds
   Online Sensor Debug             updating states on device "Network - Speedtest - Download":
   Online Sensor Debug                   onOffState: False

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin without any changes. I can run the speedtest.app on mac without issues.

Any ideas or comments are appreciated.

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:51 pm
kmarkley offline

This is definitely a communication error inside speedtest.py (which is a library the plugin uses but created/maintained by others). I have never seen this error and no one else is chiming in either, so I strongly suspect it is peculiar to your environment. If you have a firewall, I'd start looking there.

Sorry this is not more helpful.

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:08 pm
dkillmer offline

I just installed this plugin and I am getting the following error in the event log. Speed test works fine from the computer. Any thoughts?

Online Sensor Error Could not submit results to speedtest.net