FYI, there's a HomeKit motion sensor in the Rhythm

Posted on
Mon May 28, 2018 5:25 pm
Different Computers offline

FYI, there's a HomeKit motion sensor in the Rhythm

But it's not active yet, unless you opt in.

https://helpdesk.nanoleaf.me/hc/en-us/a ... nsor-Beta-

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:27 pm

Re: FYI, there's a HomeKit motion sensor in the Rhythm

I enabled motion detection today.

Perhaps coincidentally, I have odd behavior with one of my two Auroras, called "Indicator."

The plugin continually reports a new device. But the IP address of the new device is the same as the old one. After configuring the "new" one, it initially has the same status as the old one. But they can diverge.
Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 2.23.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 2.23.03 PM.png (14.94 KiB) Viewed 3221 times

And I'm also getting this error about the original device for this Aurora:
Code: Select all
   Nanoleaf Error                  Problem setting the effect on the device 'Indicator Light': HTTP Error code 400 unknown
   Nanoleaf Error                  Communication lost with "Indicator Light" - status set to 'No Acknowledgment' (no ack)

Edit: And now another new device has appeared and that's my other Nanoleaf.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:16 am
autolog offline

I haven't signed-upfor the motion detection feature, so you are breaking new ground.

On a superficial look, it seems that the pseudo-MAC address that the Aurora generates might have changed which is why the plugin thinks it is a new device, even if the ip address is the same.

This could be the reason you are getting the 400 error?

Let me know if the errors continue. I should be able to look at this during the next week or so. :)

Posted on
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:08 pm
psychobunny83 offline

Not sure if this helps at all but when I first got my Nanoleaf Aurora with Rhythm a month ago I enabled the motion sensor when it popped up asking, but then the lights would always just turn off. They would work for 10-15 minutes and then just shut off. I figured it was almost like a presence thing, looking for motion and if none it turns them off? I ended up having to disable it as they would never stay on. So not sure how useful the motion sensor is or what its actual intended purpose is. Maybe was a fluke for me, but seems like it was basically doing presence or vacancy sensing.

Posted on
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:34 pm

From two data points, there's a 50% chance that enabling the feature will brick your Rhythm!

The Aurora with the bad Rhythm in it became non-responsive by any means even after a soft reset. When I unplugged the Rhythm, it immediately began responding to every command.

I've got an RMA or warranty claim or whatever in to Nanoleaf.

Page 1 of 1