Alexa says my devices are not responding

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:21 pm
Barnman offline

Alexa says my devices are not responding

I'm not sure where to go, since, i really don't understand how i got my Alexa to work with Indigo, lol.
I set up Alexa last Thursday, it went really smooth, and had been working. I was out of town early this week, and our internet went out. Since that anytime you ask Alexa to turn a light on or off, she just says that device is not responding.
I'm not sure if the internet going out has anything to do with it.
I had an extra router, i told my wife to swap it to see if that was bad, but later found out our ISP had an area outage.
The router, is wired to my airport express, and Alexa is on the Airport Expresses wifi. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
I'm not really sure where to go, is there a way to resynch or do i need to start over?
Let me know what other info is needed.

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:26 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Alexa says my devices are not responding

Barnman wrote:
I'm not sure if the internet going out has anything to do with it.

It used to pretty much all the time. Every time my Internet went down I had to reboot all my echo's. It's better now, but about 50% of the time I have to reboot them (I suspect it was a user outcry that caused Amazon to re-engineer what happens when the Internet goes down). However, that being said, it worked after a reboot every time.

Do your Airport Expresses extend a network on a more powerful wifi access point? My experience with Expresses is that they are a bit flakey if you aren't pretty close to them. I stopped accessing them for Wifi and just use them to extend a couple speakers nowadays, all my echos tie to Airport Extremes.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:31 pm
Barnman offline

How do you reboot Alexa? I did unplug it and plug it back in to see if that made a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:36 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That's how you reboot it :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:02 pm
Barnman offline

I will add that in the state, it shows discovery off, on each one, i cannot figure how to get discovery on

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:09 pm
Barnman offline

Well I got it working agin, i hit the plugin tab, and hit the reload button of the plugin, all the devices changed to discovery on, and it is working again.

Posted on
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:48 am
pbaperez offline

I had this same problem but it happened more then when the power went out. Jay suggested that a set up a scheduled restart trigger so now the Alexa plug-in restarts before we wake and before we get home. Works like a charm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1