Tado Thermostat Device Plugin

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:11 am
durosity offline

Re: Tado Thermostat Device Plugin

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
jay (support) wrote:
He'd also need a European Z-Wave stick since the RF frequency is different than in the US...

Yea, I had meant to mention that as well as I remembered that too.

The answer is quite simple. Fly me out to you and I'll bring my laptop and iPad and I'll get this dialed right in for you. I'll even buy you a pint (but I'm not a beer guy so I'll just hit the scotch instead).

I’ll collect you on the indigo jet. They might’ve fired me from being official spokesperson for the organisation but they forgot to take back the keys. Excuse all the mess.. had a BIIIG party on the jet the other day and all the girls just couldn’t keep their clothes on..

And not a problem with the scotch.. I’ve got several good bottles you’re more than welcome to.. I seldom drink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 am
Londonmark offline

And, honestly, the regular digs about how long it is taking doesn't motivate me to do this, quite the opposite actually. I wrote the Tado plugin as a nice thing to do and now it's kind of an albatross around my neck.

Truly sorry. They were supposed to be humorous, but clearly backfired. They won't happen again. You are already immensely in credit thanks to HKB...

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 am
durosity offline

Londonmark wrote:
And, honestly, the regular digs about how long it is taking doesn't motivate me to do this, quite the opposite actually. I wrote the Tado plugin as a nice thing to do and now it's kind of an albatross around my neck.

Truly sorry. They were supposed to be humorous, but clearly backfired. They won't happen again. You are already immensely in credit thanks to HKB...

Indeed. And like I said if you wanna use my details just send me a PM and I’ll get them across to you!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Londonmark wrote:

I realize that, I do and I'm probably a little more sensitive to this particular topic because it's been a major PITA to work on so I probably took it more seriously than I should have. I had about 10-12 hours into the new plugin and it got pretty convoluted and complicated so I put it down for a month and when I returned to it the entire API was broken again and that just deflated me.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 pm
durosity offline

If you’re deflated feel free to pop round for a wee dram. Or an appletini! That seems more likely your kind of drink..

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed May 08, 2019 12:13 am
agame offline

I recently stumbled across this third-party link to the Tado API, which lead me to check on any new discussions on Indigo integration . Evidently its been a while since any active discussion. so I was wondering if anyone is still actively interested in +/- contemplating implementing a more extensive plugin?

https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2019/02/tado-api-guide-updated-for-2019/

I also note that Tado now charges [new users only] a subscription for some of the more advanced features like location awareness. Tado remains one of the few devices designed for controlling 240 volt thermostat circuits (as well as low voltage), which are the norm in many countries (outside the US).

Posted on
Wed May 08, 2019 12:32 am
durosity offline

Alas I switched from Tado to Netatmo.. they have a fully documented public API for most of their stuff (although annoyingly wont provide RTSP access to their cameras.. go figure). So far I’ve found the netatmo system to be more reliable too.. certainly when it comes to HomeKit.. I often had to restart or even reset the Bridge with Tado but I’ve yet to have to do that with Netatmo. That said I preferred the way the Tados worked and their TRVs were nicer to use.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed May 08, 2019 1:12 am
agame offline

oh well!
for the record mine has never needed a restart and works (albeit within its own little ecosystem) flawlessly.
I have the netatmo weather stuff and I do like it.

Posted on
Wed May 08, 2019 3:08 am
durosity offline

Yeah not many folk reported the issues I had, but a few did. Their support was helpful but couldn’t get to the bottom of it and gave the generic “environmental” excuse.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri May 10, 2019 4:36 pm
Londonmark offline

I’m still using Tado and like it a lot. I still use this plugin too. Would love it to support zones but C4W hasn’t had time to update it.

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:07 am
juntta offline

Is this plugin still active/supported and has it been updated to support zones as @Londonmark suggested? I have multiple zones in my house and would love this option.

Currently I’ve kept Tado control separate from Indigo but would like to control heating with Indigo as well.

I’m planning utilize Nordpool electric market prices with heating and control heating devices with that data. Market prices I collect with GhostXML plugin and free API.

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:51 am
Londonmark offline

Not been updated for years I’m afraid. C4W has long since moved on and I totally failed to figure out how to add zones. It should be possible as there is a decent Tado API as far as I understand it.

In the end I got things working to some extent with IFTTT and node-red and this version of the plug-in. But I’ve now moved house and although I’ve reinstalled Tado I’ve not had time to try and get the automation running again. Plus the node red plugin risks dying before long.

The other route would probably be to use HomeKit with various virtual devices published from indigo.

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:28 am
juntta offline

Londonmark wrote:
Not been updated for years I’m afraid. C4W has long since moved on and I totally failed to figure out how to add zones. It should be possible as there is a decent Tado API as far as I understand it.

The other route would probably be to use HomeKit with various virtual devices published from indigo.

Bummer, thats what I was afraid of! If I could find time to get into plugin developing I could take a challenge but not a chance for 6 months or so…

I guess the HomeKit route is my way then but first have to find some time to upgrade from HomeKit Bridge to new plugin.

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:43 am
juntta offline

[mention]Londonmark [/mention]are those Tado devices controllable with this plugin even though they are under zones? Or are those devices visible at all in the plugin?

I guess I should try it out myself someday…

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:05 pm
Londonmark offline

A while since I used it. I think I could only see the main zone. But with node red I could see everything. I just never got round to getting control in the other direction - as in I couldn’t get indigo to control Tado.