Fantastic Weather Plugin Bug Reports

Posted on
Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:20 pm
DaveL17 offline

Fantastic Weather Plugin Bug Reports

Please post any bug reports to this thread.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:46 pm
roquej offline

Re: Fantastic Weather Plugin Bug Reports

Dave, I was so exited, but the link to download doesn't work!

JP

Posted on
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:00 pm
DaveL17 offline

roquej wrote:
Dave, I was so exited, but the link to download doesn't work!

JP

That's because i forgot to make the repo public. It should work now.

Sorry about that!
Dave

Posted on
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:25 pm
WouterK offline

Hi Dave,

Thanks for this new Darksky plugin!
Just downloaded and installed and created a hourly and daily device. After loading the plugin I am getting the following message:
Code: Select all
    Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h01_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h02_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h03_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h04_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h05_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h06_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h07_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h08_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h09_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h10_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h11_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h12_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h13_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h14_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h15_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h16_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h17_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h18_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h19_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h20_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h21_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h22_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h23_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hetweer - FuWu Plugin Test" state key h24_precipType not defined (ignoring update request)

Hope this wil help.

Regards,

Wouter

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:19 am
DaveL17 offline

@WouterK -- Thanks for reporting that--it's likely a cut and paste thing. Anyway, this bug is fixed in Beta 2.

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:38 am
WouterK offline

Hi,

Thanks, beta 2 is loading without errors, better ;-)

And (maybe to early but ;-) should the icons of the plugin be working in a controlpage?

Regards,

Wouter

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:44 am
DaveL17 offline

WouterK wrote:
Hi,

Thanks, beta 2 is loading without errors, better ;-)

And (maybe to early but ;-) should the icons of the plugin be working in a controlpage?

Regards,

Wouter

Great - thanks for letting me know.

The icon naming convention is different from WUnderground, so if you're moving from that to Fantastic Weather, you'll need to rename those files (or create new files with these names). If you rename the files, you'll likely need to restart the server to clear the image cache. The Dark Sky API docs have a list of the possible values, and I've included some code to capture the names they send -- which you can find in the plugin configuration dialog box.

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 6.37.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 6.37.04 AM.png (33.74 KiB) Viewed 6337 times

These lists will grow over time, as they're updated with new values from the API data received (the lists should be preserved between plugin updates). Dark Sky's list is probably good, but I wanted to see for myself.

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:04 am
norcoscia offline

Are these all of them - I seem to remember spending days building the icons for weather underground.
Attachments
2018-07-05_05-02-58.jpeg
2018-07-05_05-02-58.jpeg (55.03 KiB) Viewed 6319 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:07 am
DaveL17 offline

As I said in the post above, I think that list is probably good, but wanted to double-check.

We're capturing the names they actually send so we can be sure.

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:14 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Super nice plugin Dave! Lets hope that Dark Sky keeps their API alive!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:19 am
DaveL17 offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Super nice plugin Dave! Lets hope that Dark Sky keeps their API alive!

Many thanks.

Hopefully, they won't be bought by IBM. :D

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:51 am
WouterK offline

Thanks for the quick update and the explanation about the icons.

Regards,

Wouter

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:29 am
norcoscia offline

Hi Dave - just wanted to let you know that the docs for FWP are displaying the weather underground pages if you pick the default selection - if I click on the pages Icon the dropdown list points to the right place.

Does the sat image stuff work - don't know where to point the URL to get an image?
Attachments
2018-07-05_07-26-19.jpeg
2018-07-05_07-26-19.jpeg (125.62 KiB) Viewed 6276 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:51 am
DaveL17 offline

norcoscia wrote:
Hi Dave - just wanted to let you know that the docs for FWP are displaying the weather underground pages if you pick the default selection - if I click on the pages Icon the dropdown list points to the right place.

Does the sat image stuff work - don't know where to point the URL to get an image?

Thanks Norm - I've updated the side bar to fix those links. Thanks for pointing that out.

The satellite Image Downloader works for me in testing, so it should be good to go. You'll need to come up with your own URL to get the image--there's no one set place to get worldwide radar images that I know of. Try finding an image you like and then view the HTML source code of the page to try to identify the URL to get the image itself (without the other stuff).

Posted on
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:18 pm
Monstergerm offline

Great job Dave. I just downloaded plugin and will do some testing.

Regarding the icons. I noticed that Dark Sky reports mostly-cloudy and partly-cloudy but uses in both cases the icon partly-cloudy.

"summary":"Mostly Cloudy","icon":"partly-cloudy-night"

"summary":"Partly Cloudy","icon":"partly-cloudy-night"

Can the plugin correct for this and generate the mostly-cloudy icon view?