August Pro (legacy thread)

Posted on
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:34 am
vtmikel offline

August Pro (legacy thread)

Hi-

I've gotten a few questions about whether the plugin supports the August Pro.

The answer is that it should work, but that it has not been tested or confirmed, and also that it might be a better option to add the Pro to Indigo directly.

Long answer:

The Pro introduces Z-Wave support. The Jay and Matt have said that, in theory, the August Pro should work as a native Z-wave lock in Indigo. But until someone tries it, we do not know.

This plugin was built for the older August lock that does not have Z-wave support. It uses the cloud API to get the status and send commands. This introduces lag and will, on occasion, be out of sync with the actual state of the lock. Though I've made great attempts to avoid this as much as possible.

As I mentioned, this plugin should work for getting the status of, and sending commands to the August Pro. But it will do this via the Cloud API just like the older devices.

If you have an August Pro and have either successfully used my plugin, or added the August Pro directly to Indigo, please post and let us know.

UPDATE: August Pro is now fully supported. See new thread.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:02 am
katiaf offline

Re: August Pro

I can confirm Indigo works with the August Lock Pro by adding it as a zwave device. I do have a question, the August app tells me that my lock has been added with zwave's S0 security protocol and that they support and recommend S2 protocol for higher security. I thought it could be because I have an older Z-stick but I wrote to Aeotec to ask if their 5th gen dongle will allow me to use S2 protocol: their answer was that the security protocol is handled by the software (Indigo). Any thoughts?

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:06 am
vtmikel offline

Good to know. Jay and Matt will have to help you with the S2 protocol. Please do report back.

I'm interested if you have any usability issues with continuing to use my plugin for some of the added features while while delegating the lock and unlock status directly to Indigo via Z-Wave. You can set up a second lock device using my plugin so that you get the benefit of performing triggers based on who unlocks or locks the door. Let me know if this leads to any usability issues.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am
autolog offline

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:20 am
katiaf offline

vtmikel wrote:
Good to know. Jay and Matt will have to help you with the S2 protocol. Please do report back.

I'm interested if you have any usability issues with continuing to use my plugin for some of the added features while while delegating the lock and unlock status directly to Indigo via Z-Wave. You can set up a second lock device using my plugin so that you get the benefit of performing triggers based on who unlocks or locks the door. Let me know if this leads to any usability issues.

Sure, I will try to play with the plugin this weekend and I will let you know. Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:22 am
katiaf offline

autolog wrote:

Thank you! This thread helped decrease my worries. If the vulnerabilities are there only on pairing mode, then I have nothing to worry about. My system is very stable and not growing much at this time, and my Z-Wave devices are just a few.

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:54 pm
katiaf offline

vtmikel wrote:

Update: I was able to add a second lock device using your plugin as suggested. The status and lock/unlock functions worked fine. I will play with the user triggers later.

Page 1 of 1