How to use "mysensors.py", "myprogram.py", and "myoutput.py"

Posted on
Fri May 11, 2018 12:26 am
danowitz offline

How to use "mysensors.py", "myprogram.py", and "myoutput.py"

Hi Karl,

I had posted an earlier question regarding a new project I am working on to automate my dust collection in my woodshop. It was a pretty dense post and it didn't get much traction, so I decided to dive in and see if I can figure out a good path forward. I am at the point of needing to use some of the custom sensors/programs that I think is the point of the mysensors.py, myprogram.py, and myoutput.py. After reading many many posts and google searching on those keywords, I am not fully understanding how the pieces fit together for these features. In addition, when I enable the mysensors.py by renaming the file on the rPI I am getting the error below.

IMG_2194.jpg
IMG_2194.jpg (155.56 KiB) Viewed 1849 times

So my ask would is....Can you provide a more detailed explanation of each of these three custom code devices and actually how to use them? I am not able to piece together from the sparse posts on the subject. For instance, do I edit a file on the MAC indigo server or do I edit a file on the rPI? On the rPI I am seeing a file named myprogram.py that already exists, however, in the same pibeacon directory on the rPI I see a file named "RenameMeTo_myprogram.py". Am I supposed to overwrite the existing file? I am also seeing a syntax error on the mysensors.py file on line 12. It is importing the sys namespace and the next line of code is calling isys.

Thanks for the clarity, looking forward to getting up to speed on it.

Joel

Posted on
Fri May 11, 2018 6:59 am
kw123 offline

Re: How to use "mysensors.py", "myprogram.py", and "myoutput

Will write something up. You are the first to try it.

As for air quality / dust particles there is a sensor that is supported.
Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri May 11, 2018 10:26 am
kw123 offline

first the my_xxx.py are leftover pieces. you can safely delete them.

please checkhttp://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=20691 for a detailed description

Karl

Posted on
Sun May 27, 2018 8:45 pm
danowitz offline

Thanks for the reply Karl. Looking at your reply now, just got back from a 2 week trip to Ireland with the family, sorry for the delay in saying thanks!! Side note, the title of the post you created has a typo, it contains an O in the title. poiBeacon instead of piBeacon.

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:24 pm
danowitz offline

This worked great and got me up and running with custom writing sensor code for the rPi.

Thanks
Joel

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:11 pm
kw123 offline

I guess you are the first to actually use it ..

coming up:
== lightning detector .. should detect up to 20km away .. waiting for a thunderstorm to test
== better CO2 sensor (MH-Z19)

Page 1 of 1