DoorBird Review

Posted on
Wed May 23, 2018 2:00 am
berkinet offline

Re: DoorBird Review

kidney wrote:
...Also do you need a cloud sub for this to work?

No.

Posted on
Wed May 23, 2018 3:33 am
kidney offline

ok because, I'm always getting this error message "Basic Authentication Required" when I try the first instruction and the log show this also
Code: Select all
   HTTPd Debug                     AuthHandler: GET from 10.0.1.6:56758 for /setvar?doorbird=pressed
   HTTPd Debug                     AuthHandler: Request has no Authorization header

Posted on
Wed May 23, 2018 4:26 am
berkinet offline

kidney wrote:
ok because, I'm always getting this error message "Basic Authentication Required" when I try the first instruction and the log show this also
   HTTPd Debug                     AuthHandler: GET from 10.0.1.6:56758 for /setvar?doorbird=pressed
   HTTPd Debug                     AuthHandler: Request has no Authorization header

Check the URL you entered in the doorbird HTTP Calls config. It should be just the address of your Indigo server and a path. Eg.
http://192.168.1.2:18009/motionsensor

I made a couple of minor edits to the script posted by NeilK. You might give this version a try if you are still having problems after verifying the doorbird config.
# by Karl Wachs
# July 16
# modified for DoorBird by NeilK
# Minor changes and edits by Berkinet
##

import os
import indigo  # just to supress lint errors
from BaseHTTPServer import BaseHTTPRequestHandler, HTTPServer

PORT = 18009  # port number to be used by DoorBird on IndigoServer to GET url's defined in the API
actionMotion = xxxxx  # ID of Action Group to run when DoorBird motion sensor is triggered
actionOpen = xxxxx    # ID of Action Group to run when the open button in the app is pressed
actionBell = xxxxx       # ID of Action Group to run on the Doorbell rings.

# See DoorBird API at www.doorbird.com/api to set the URL to get based on the action for /motion.html , /doorbell.html , /button.html
# For example: http://192.168.1.10/bha-api/notification.cgi?url=http://192.168.1.2:18009/motionsensor&user=&password=&event=motionsensor&subscribe=1

class S(BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
    def _set_headers(self):
        self.send_response(200)
        self.send_header('Content-type', 'text/html')
        self.end_headers()

def do_GET(self):
        self._set_headers()
        self.wfile.write("<html><body><h1>Indigo DoorBird Forwarding</h1>"+str(self.path)+"</body>")

if self.path == "/motionsensor":
            indigo.server.log("DoorBird sent motion command", type="DoorBird")
            indigo.actionGroup.execute(actionMotion)

if self.path == "/dooropen":
            indigo.server.log("DoorBird sent Button command", type="DoorBird")
            indigo.actionGroup.execute(actionOpen)

if self.path == "/doorbell":
            indigo.server.log("DoorBird sent doorbell command", type="DoorBird")
            indigo.actionGroup.execute(actionBell)

def do_HEAD(self):
        self._set_headers()

def do_POST(self):
        # Doesn't do anything with posted data
        self._set_headers()
        self.wfile.write("<html><body><h1>POST!</h1></body></html>")

def run(server_class=HTTPServer, handler_class=S, port=PORT):
    server_address = ('', port)
    httpd = server_class(server_address, handler_class)
    indigo.server.log("Starting DoorBird httpd..."+"Port...."+str(PORT), type="DoorBird")
    httpd.serve_forever()

if __name__ == "__main__":
    myPID = str(os.getpid())
    indigo.server.log("PID of DoorBird server is:" + myPID, type="DoorBird")
    run()

Posted on
Mon May 28, 2018 2:48 am
tazswe offline

A nice feature would be that a webpage with livestream would open up on my TV when somebody pressed the button and closed again after a minute or when I opened the door.

To do this I’m in need of a small python script that opened up a webpage with a long livestream. Anybody that can help me with that.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue May 29, 2018 4:05 am
berkinet offline

tazswe wrote:
A nice feature would be that a webpage with livestream would open up on my TV when somebody pressed the button and closed again after a minute or when I opened the door.

To do this I’m in need of a small python script that opened up a webpage with a long livestream. Anybody that can help me with that....

At this time of year I guess you have a lot of daylight to work on projects like this :D

Unfortunately, I suspect the concept you outlined might be more difficult to achieve and not deliver the results you expect.

To start, the easy part is grabbing the stream and forwarding it somewhere. In fact, SecuritySpy can already do that. But, the problem would be automatically causing your TV to switch inputs or figuring out how to encode the DoorBird video into a "Picture-in-Picture (PIP) in whatever you're watching. But, then is the real issue. So, you see someone at your door. Your TV has no means to interact with the DoorBird to open the door. So, you'd have to use your smartphone and the DoorBird app for that, at which point you could have just picked up the phone in the first place.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Posted on
Tue May 29, 2018 6:32 am
jalves offline

In addition to the excellent points that @Berkinet posted above consider one other "issue". What if your TV isn't already on? You now have to wait for your system to turn on the set and for it to actually display the picture. Possibly 30 seconds?

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue May 29, 2018 4:10 pm
mat offline

My door bell push is just a simple z-wave module with indigo turning on the bell for 3 seconds, then turning off the trigger for 5 seconds so there are not multiple bell pushes.

However, I have a modulator next to the CCTV recorder which is connected to the arial amp/splitter so that the CCTV is distributed to all TV's on channel 800.

I had it set up so that if any TV was on, it switched to channel 800 for 5 seconds showing the front door, then reverted to the previous channel (controlled from indigo with the Panasonic plugin). It was useful, but to be honest a bit more of a novelty - it becomes a pain when watching sport, or at a crucial point in a film as you could not pause one channel and switch to another.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Thu May 31, 2018 8:19 am
tazswe offline

I haven’t seen any rain for many days

No problem to start my Panasonic TV and put it on HDMI2 , it takes less than 2 seconds.

The best solution would be a pic-in-pic but for the moment I can live with a live stream from my minimac.

Anybody that can help me with a script for this.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu May 31, 2018 11:01 am
Different Computers offline

**IF** you've already got the video in a Control Page, and you could attach some Android device to HDMI2, and that Android device can run DomoPad, then you have all the pieces you need, because DomoPad can react to a Display Control Page command

Actually, you could have the feed up and running 24/7 on any device that pushes video to HDMI2, and use Indigo to switch the input when the DoorBird says to.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu May 31, 2018 2:40 pm
berkinet offline

Different Computers wrote:
**IF** you've...

And...

• **IF** you have SecuritySpy installed, you already have the means to stream video from the DoorBird to whatever...
  • and, **IF** you installed the DoorBird server code discussed earlier in this topic you already have the means for the DoorBird to send an event to Indigo when the doorbell is pressed
  • and, **IF** you have the means for Indigo to control your TV (the Panasonic Viera TV Plugin?)
  • and, finally, **IF** your TV can receive video from a URL
  • **THEN** you have all the parts you need and all that is required is probably one Indigo Action Group to glue it all together.

The Action Group would be called when the DoorBird server code (running in Indigo) receives a doorbell event, you just need to define the action in the DoorBird server code.
actionMotion = xxxxx  # ID of Action Group to run when DoorBird motion sensor is triggered
Then, in the Action Group itself, you need to send the commands to your TV to switch to the URL for your SecuritySpy server. The URL would look something like
http://192.168.1.100:8000/live?cameraNum=1&viewMethod=0&imageSize=0&windowWidth=1647&windowHeight=1116&42355
OTOH, if your TV cannot receive IP video, then you need to either:
    Insert your video into a CCTV system video channel, as mat has done, and then, in the Indigo Action Group, tell the TV to change channels.
    Or, connect your TV to your Mac via HDMI as an additional monitor and place the SecuritySpy window with the DoorBird video on that monitor. Then, in the Indigo Action Group, tell the TV to switch inputs (as suggested by DC).

Your Liters/100km may vary :wink:

Posted on
Thu May 31, 2018 6:18 pm
Different Computers offline

Cool!

Lacking SecuritySpy, I was unaware.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 am
mat offline

OR, you could just answer the door when the bell rings :shock: and see who it is :twisted:

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:41 am
durosity offline

mat wrote:
OR, you could just answer the door when the bell rings :shock: and see who it is :twisted:

That’s my kind of reply!

My experience with doorbird was short and frustrating. Their support was infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:45 am
mat offline

I thought of you when i typed it - not sure why :roll: :P

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:10 pm
berkinet offline

mat wrote:
Well, in a single family home, perhaps that might work, and then again maybe not for a number of reasons (ever had an Amazon delivery while you are in the bathroom?). But, in a multi-family dwelling or in case of a remote entry, like a gate, it can be quite useful to have the remote ability even while you are at home.

Page 5 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10