Z-Wave No ACK

Posted on
Thu May 24, 2018 12:47 pm
jltnol offline

Z-Wave No ACK

So the power went off in the house yesterday, and the generator kicked on, but today I'm noticing that some Z-Wave devices are reporting No Ack.

Funny thing is that I have an Insteon Motion detector set to turn on one of theses devices, and that is actually working. Same thing with some KeyPad's... they are able to turn on the Z-wave No Ack devices. And since this has to travel thru Indigo, it makes no sense...

I've tried re-loading the Z-Wave interface, and even tried Define & Sync on these devices, but they are still red.

Not ALL Z-waves are mis-behaving.. just some of them. I'm assuming I need to "re-enroll" them into the network, but am not exactly sure how to do this and keep them with the same ID as they have now....

Posted on
Thu May 24, 2018 2:33 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z-Wave No ACK

Just try resyncing them first.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu May 24, 2018 7:29 pm
jltnol offline

Hey Jay

So the ONE THING I didn't try was re-starting the Indigo Server. Surprise... that solved the problem...

JT

Posted on
Fri May 25, 2018 8:12 am
jltnol offline

Ok
soooo yes... once Indigo re-starts, the devices come online but only 'til Indigo tries to communicate with them, which it can't, so they go back to No Ack.

Same group of devices are offline... some switches, one of two identical locks... The locks obviously don't use AC so really not sure what may have caused this.

On the edit window for each device, I did try "Define & Sync", but otherwise don't know how to just "resync" them...

Posted on
Fri May 25, 2018 8:42 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

So, just so I understand exactly what you're seeing:

1. When a motion sensor fires an Indigo Trigger which controls a Z-Wave device it works.
  2. When you try to control said Z-Wave device from the Mac UI, you get no ack and it doesn't work.

Is that correct? And this behavior is always the same?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri May 25, 2018 8:59 am
jltnol offline

Hey Jay

The answer to both of your questions is YES. . Insteon was able to control the off line Z-Wave devices...Strange, I agree, but I checked several times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

I ended up using a slightly older database, and lo and behold, the same devices were offline. Since clearly there were no problems with the most current database, I went back to it, as there were a host of changes between the two.

I ended up taking the Z-Stick out of the computer for a few minutes, put it back in, and now everything seems to be working. I'm guessing just turning off the computer still feeds power to the USB ports, so the Z-Stick wasn't really re-setting when I turned the computer off

What I suspect is that at exactly the wrong time during the last power issue, even tho the Indigo server is on a UPS, something happened with the Z-stick itself that was causing the problem.

I was slightly alarmed that I'm not backing up the database, which has incremental changes over the days, weeks, and months, , but no backups are a problem, so I'm taking care of that issue.

In the end, I've got no idea what happened, but clearly something with the Z-Stick and the last power sequence.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers

Posted on
Fri May 25, 2018 9:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Odd indeed. Glad you're operational again.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1