Request for HELP :-(

Posted on
Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 am
norcoscia offline

Request for HELP :-(

Hi, I'm having some issues invoking the SONOS group announcement and some of my zone players starting to play music after the announcements - I have tried testing and watching the value to determine what is happening but it has become too labor intensive for me.

My problem is over the years I have embedded SONOS group announcements in various schedules, triggers and action groups. I have (likely) over 500 possible places to look.

I want to just not use the group announcement feature anymore so trying to find out if there is any way to have the system or Indigo search all 500 plus possible hiding places and build a list so I can eliminate all my group announcements.

Please help me, in my home automation setup - my home automation stuff (more than Indigo) has me worn down to a nub today - HELPPPPPPPPPP
Attachments
2018-05-15_08-19-37.jpeg
2018-05-15_08-19-37.jpeg (6.03 KiB) Viewed 1901 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun May 20, 2018 3:16 pm
Chockymonster offline

Re: Request for HELP :-(

I have the same problem.
It seems random to me when it happens, but every so often after an announcement or action that interfaces with the sonos plugin, a random playlist will start playing.

Posted on
Sun May 20, 2018 6:39 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks, glad it was not just me or something I was doing wrong, but sorry you are having the same problem(s) - I gave up -- went through them all one by one and deleted everything (I think) - guess I'll go with Alexa announcements from now on....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 pm
philipbasile offline

How will you do Alexa announcements ?

Philip

Posted on
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:14 am
norcoscia offline

I have one alexa next to my indigo PC - My Indigo PC says "Alexa Announce" then I wait 1 second and then say whatever announcement (from Indigo) I want announced at all alexa's in my house - works great. If you don't what an alexa to be part of the announcement you can set do not disturb for them / it. Since they are triggers you can control them with time of day and if you wish and back them up with an email or txt.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:25 pm
philipbasile offline

thats thinking outside the box ! Very cool.

Posted on
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:07 am
norcoscia offline

Thx, I have tried everything else - Sonos making the announcements, Buletooth speakers, Chromecast, airplay - had problems with all of them. So far this has been the only thing 100% solid 100% of the time. Running an amp and speakers all over my house was not something I wanted to do. I asked Jay and Matt to allow voice announcements to be pushed to the Indigo IOS client but it could be 100 years before that makes it up to the top of the upgrade list they already have....

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1