NEST Home is now on Github

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:39 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

NEST Home is now on Github

The first point I want to make is that I've had an email exchange with Chameleon and he's doing well and looking forward to becoming more active in the future. I'm sure everyone joins us in hoping that Mike will be rejoining the community soon.

In the meantime, he's given us permission to put the Nest plugin up on our Github repo so others can contribute. We've also linked the Plugin Store entry to that Github repo. There is a new release, 2.0.51, but all it really does is add the icon and disable the old update checks so you don't have to update if you don't want.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:52 am
ZachBenz offline

Re: NEST Home is now on Github

jay (support) wrote:
The first point I want to make is that I've had an email exchange with Chameleon and he's doing well and looking forward to becoming more active in the future. I'm sure everyone joins us in hoping that Mike will be rejoining the community soon.

In the meantime, he's given us permission to put the Nest plugin up on our Github repo so others can contribute. We've also linked the Plugin Store entry to that Github repo. There is a new release, 2.0.51, but all it really does is add the icon and disable the old update checks so you don't have to update if you don't want.

Jay,

I get this error after installing the 2.0.51 release:

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 1908, in runConcurrentThread
AttributeError: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'updater'

NEST Home Error                 plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   NEST Home Error                 Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:04 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Doh - ok, try 2.0.52 from the Plugin Store.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 pm
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:

Glad to hear he’s doing well! I was worried that something might’ve happened... :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:48 pm
ZachBenz offline

jay (support) wrote:
Doh - ok, try 2.0.52 from the Plugin Store.

All better, thanks!

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:53 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm also glad to hear he's doing well.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:02 pm
DaveL17 offline

Hear hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:24 pm
maslett offline

Hello,

is there versions for multi-locations ie Nesthome2 and nesthome3 like the original plugin.

Thanks, Mark

Posted on
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

maslett wrote:
is there versions for multi-locations ie Nesthome2 and nesthome3 like the original plugin.

I have no clue what those were or how they worked or what difference there was between them. I just added the one without a number to the store and to Github. Someone else will need to figure out that those are about and combine them into a single plugin release.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:05 am
ZachBenz offline

lanbrown wrote:
jay (support) wrote:
maslett wrote:

I have no clue what those were or how they worked or what difference there was between them. I just added the one without a number to the store and to Github. Someone else will need to figure out that those are about and combine them into a single plugin release.

'
I thought they were for if you had more than 10 devices. If the only thing that was changed in the the one without a number was the update checking info, then there shouldn't be a need tp update the other two.

The purpose of Nest Home vs. Nest Home 2 and Nest Home 3 is to allow you to talk to multiple Nest houses from one Indigo server.

I grabbed Nest Home and Nest Home 2 from the links listed here: See: viewtopic.php?f=170&t=17681

When doing a diff (using FileMerge, one of the dev tools you get with XCode), it looks like the difference is largely cosmetic, only in Info.plist and plugin.py - that is log files, log messages, etc. use the string "Nest 2" instead of "Nest". That is, all the code is same - it's just different enough to appear as a separate plugin in Indigo and have distinguishable log messages.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 12.01.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 12.01.55 AM.png (344.91 KiB) Viewed 3730 times
Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 12.01.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 12.01.31 AM.png (381.82 KiB) Viewed 3730 times

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:29 am
ZachBenz offline

jay (support) wrote:

Great to hear he's doing well!

Back when he released 2.0.50, he also noted a number of other features he was working on, before other things going on pulled him away (discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=170&t=17681). I'm a bit worried that if we start updating the code as is (2.0.52) that we'll begin to fork away from things he was already working on, making them harder for him to potentially merge in later.. I don't suppose he happened to share that work in progress code? :-)
Last edited by ZachBenz on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:18 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, no. But I expect that he'll be able to merge whatever he's worked on when he's ready.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:20 pm
philipbasile offline

I recently hired a graphic artist at my company and have her creating indigo graphics for me in between work projects. I started with the nest and have most of the graphics done and working but I need some tweaks to the plugin to work around some of the unique ways the nest works. I am going to upload the graphics for everyone to use but I'd like to have it completely working first.

I am a seasoned sw developer but I don't know python and I don't think I have time to learn it right now.
Is anyone interested in picking up the nest home development or know who might be to help me make the changes to work with the graphics ?

Thanks

Philip

Posted on
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:47 pm
philipbasile offline

Current graphics in both 300px and 600px diameter.
Layer 1 bezel in black and silver
Layer 2 center dial with scale in black off, orange heat, blue cool
Layer 3 ambient temp hash with numeric temp in 1 degree increments
Layer 4 current set temp hash

Current temp, humidity are text fields
I also have all the info icons like the heat cool mode (heat shown at bottom of dial)
Attachments
IMG_0378.PNG
IMG_0378.PNG (425.52 KiB) Viewed 3268 times

Posted on
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 pm
DaveL17 offline

Wow, that looks great!

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1