"no ack" with LIFX firmware 2.75

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:47 pm
dferg offline

"no ack" with LIFX firmware 2.75

I knew I shouldn't have tapped that "update firmware" button in the LIFX app. Now about half of my generation 3 LIFX bulbs are uncontrollable in Indigo. Their state is "no ack".

Any ideas? I am just starting to investigate this. I am wondering if others see this issue too (and warning to maybe not update!)

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:04 pm
autolog offline

Re: "no ack" with LIFX firmware 2.75

Thanks for the warning :)

I see this firmware only got released yesterday (19th).

I haven't seen any reports of problems with the LIFX LAN library that the plugin uses but I guess it is early days.

Are there any other errors thrown up in the log?

You could try physically switching the lamps off and then on, and also reload the plugin.
The lamps may need to be rediscovered by the plugin following the firmware upgrade.

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 am
kelmk offline

I have a new lifx mini bulb on the latest firmware which also shows no ack in indigo.
I don't see any errors in the log.

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:01 am
autolog offline

Does the lamp show up in the discovery list when you start the plugin?

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:07 am
autolog offline

I have just updated four LIFX lamps to the new firmware [2.75]: 4 x LIFX + A19 and 1 x LIFX Downlight.

Running LIFX Controller plugin version 5.07 [from the {Plugin Store], all lamps with the new firmware were finally detected. :)

So it seems there might need to be a couple of restarts of the plugin before the new lamps are detected. Restart the plugin after the first successful discovery (for other lamps) has completed - this may be the second discovery attempt (depends on how many lamps you have). It may also need a subsequent plugin restart.

So from what I am seeing and have tested, the new firmware works OK with the plugin but may take a couple of plugin restarts to make that happen. :)

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:27 am
dferg offline

Jon,

Thanks for checking. I power cycled the lights and restarted the plugin a few times and now all lights are seen by the controller.

LIFX lights are a fickle beasts, that's for sure.

Page 1 of 1