Battery health

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:02 pm
norcoscia offline

Battery health

Hi Dave, today I updated to 6.01 and quickly checked out the new battery chart - it worked great and I will be using it on a control page - one question - I did not see any way to cull devices you don't want displayed in the chart and I did not see mention of that capability in the documentation. Is it possible to (maybe by device ID) keep a device(s) from showing up in the graph?

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:11 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Battery health

Hi Norm - glad to hear that the new device is working for you. There's currently no way to limit the devices that display in the graph. I'm guessing that you're asking because you have some devices (like Aeon multisensors) that are on USB power that will always report 100 percent. I'll add that to the list for possible enhancements.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:24 pm
norcoscia offline

Cool, thanks Dave!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 am
DaveL17 offline

I've been mulling on the idea of further limiting the devices that appear in the battery health chart and I need some input. As far as I can tell, there is no automated way to differentiate between USB-powered devices and battery-powered devices. There are several ways that this could go (in no particular order):

• No change - just leave all devices that report a battery level in the chart.
  • Active exclusion - chart all devices unless the user has specifically marked devices to not be displayed.
  • Active inclusion - only chart those devices that the user has specifically marked to be displayed.
  • Inclusion/exclusion toggle - provide a checkbox where the user choses whether marked devices are to be included or excluded.
There are other possibilities, but these seem to be the best of the ones I've thought of.

Favoring inclusion vs. exclusion seems to be a matter of taste, but also of proportion. That is, the better approach of the two would seem to be the minimum amount of extra work for the user. I have more battery-powered devices than not, so I'd personally prefer exclusion over inclusion. While this would represent less work for me, it might represent more work for someone else.

There's a fair bit of complexity to doing this properly, so I want to make sure that the ROI is there.

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:44 am
norcoscia offline

exclusion would work great for me - thanks for asking for input!!!!!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 am
jalves offline

My devices are pretty evenly split between battery powered and usb powered so I'm kind of ambivalent. Looking forward though I'm probably trying to go more to USB power so maybe active exclusion would work better for me as I can just make that change once when I set up. But really, its not a big thing either way.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:50 pm
DaveL17 offline

Thanks to you both. If I don't see a sudden influx of other opinions, I'll start to dive into active exclusion then.

Cheers!

Posted on
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:11 pm
DaveL17 offline

Please see the latest repo for a BETA of the device exclude feature for the battery health chart. To exclude a device, open the battery health chart configuration, and select the device from the exclude list. To exclude multiple devices, hold down the command (⌘) key while selecting each device.

To download the latest repo, head to this link: https://github.com/DaveL17/matplotlib and select "Clone or Download" and select Download ZIP.

This feature is not yet included in the Indigo Plugin Store version.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 9.05.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 9.05.59 PM.png (119.42 KiB) Viewed 3763 times

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:23 am
norcoscia offline

Tried to install - pulled it down and loaded but got a message that said 6.02 was already installed (which it was not) - then tried a reload - it said 6.02 loaded but no selection list is in the config?

Code: Select all
Apr 24, 2018, 5:17:00 AM
   Schedule                        Update clock
   v0.6.02 of plugin Matplotlib is already installed and enabled

Apr 24, 2018, 5:17:29 AM
   Reloading plugin "Matplotlib 0.6.02"
   Stopping plugin "Matplotlib 0.6.02" (pid 57299)
   Stopped plugin "Matplotlib 0.6.02"
   Starting plugin "Matplotlib 0.6.02" (pid 92804)
   Matplotlib                     
   Matplotlib                      ================================================ Initializing New Plugin Session =================================================
   Matplotlib                      Plugin name:                    Matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Plugin version:                 0.6.02
   Matplotlib                      Plugin ID:                      com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Indigo version:                 7.1.1
   Matplotlib                      Python version:                 2.7.10 (default, Feb  7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
   Matplotlib                      Mac OS Version:                 10.12.6
   Matplotlib                      ==================================================================================================================================
   Started plugin "Matplotlib 0.6.02"
Attachments
2018-04-24_05-18-32.jpeg
2018-04-24_05-18-32.jpeg (64.67 KiB) Viewed 3735 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:49 am
DaveL17 offline

Hmmm. Can't explain why it would say that 0.6.02 was already installed; the latest stable release in the plugin store is 0.6.01. Had you pulled down a version from the Github repo before this? Did you expand the length of the config dialog, or did it open that way?

I have to start the day job now, but I'll have a look at why things aren't loading properly ASAP.

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:55 am
norcoscia offline

Nope - but I'm close to brain dead when using Github so if it was possible to mess it up -- odds are, that is what happened - expand the full length of my screen - below expand on a larger screen.

PS. Sent you some money for WUnderground and this plug in - you will still need to go to work once you get it but all I can afford (since I'm retired) - and I don't want my wife to kill me.

No worries, I can wait until the official release - no HA emergencies here :-)
Attachments
2018-04-24_05-51-36.jpeg
2018-04-24_05-51-36.jpeg (71.95 KiB) Viewed 3731 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:58 pm
DaveL17 offline

First of all, thank you for the contribution Norm! I very much appreciate the vote of confidence, and I certainly hope you don't get in trouble with the Chief Financial Officer. :D

Second, I've looked over the code and truly can't see why the battery health device configuration dialog isn't populating for you. I've uploaded a new beta version to the Github repository - v0.6.03 - which includes a couple other revisions separate from the battery health device change. Please see if that will work for you.

Please go to: https://github.com/DaveL17/matplotlib and select "Clone or Download" and select Download ZIP.

From within the Downloads folder (or wherever you save the ZIP file), double-click the matplotlib-master.zip file and then click on the matplotlib-master folder that is created. Within that folder, double-click on the matplotlib.indigoPlugin file and install as normal.

Hopefully, that will work for you. Please let me know how it goes. We'll figure this out.

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:50 pm
norcoscia offline

That is exactly what I did for. 6.02, did it again with .6.03 and it worked perfect - thanks :D

PS. My CFO requires me to get pre-authorization so all is A-OK here - thanks again :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:02 pm
DaveL17 offline

Good! Glad to hear that it's working for you. Please let me know what you think of the method for excluding devices.

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:20 am
norcoscia offline

The chart is not working correctly - I have a bunch of items that were on the chart before I did the update - now when I select some not to show (or try to show all) I only see 5 devices and the names are listed as device 1 - device 5. Before it was using / displaying the actual indigo device names. Not sure what is going on :-(

PS. can you change your config to match mine (1st photo) and see if the same thing happens to you - the config is the only other thing I adjusted from the way it came / was before....
Attachments
2018-04-25_05-18-28.jpeg
2018-04-25_05-18-28.jpeg (110.76 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
2018-04-25_05-15-00.jpeg
2018-04-25_05-15-00.jpeg (25.76 KiB) Viewed 3629 times

_______
Norm