Pentair Intellitouch Plugin

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 pm
ticotice offline

Re: Pentair Intellitouch Plugin

I missed the step about using a firmware "Force Update". :oops:
I updated the Autelis firmware (again) to 1.6.7. This time I used the "Force Update" mode. That appears to have solved the communications issue. I now can set up a "system" device. Now my problem is how do I "decode" the IntelliTouch circuits to my EasyTouch? Here's my situation:

All my pool equipment is Pentair. I have an EasyTouch 8 panel with a single valve system and VS pump. The valve is motor driven to either run the floor cleaner (and the IC40 SWG) or the skimmer. I believe these are 2 separate circuits. I want to be able to view and control the status of the pump (on/off) and its current speed. I also want to control the Intelibrite lighting ( (on/off) and color. How do I go about doing that via your plug-in?

Thanks for the plug-in and appreciate any advice on how to use it! :D

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:11 pm
Swancoat offline

ticotice wrote:
I updated the Autelis firmware (again) to 1.6.7. This time I used the "Force Update" mode. That appears to have solved the communications issue. I now can set up a "system" device. Now my problem is how do I "decode" the IntelliTouch circuits to my EasyTouch? Here's my situation:

All my pool equipment is Pentair. I have an EasyTouch 8 panel with a single valve system and VS pump. The valve is motor driven to either run the floor cleaner (and the IC40 SWG) or the skimmer. I believe these are 2 separate circuits. I want to be able to view and control the status of the pump (on/off) and its current speed. I also want to control the Intelibrite lighting ( (on/off) and color. How do I go about doing that via your plug-in?

The plugin does not currently have the capability to display pump speed/status.

If the system is set up to move the valve and motor status between cleaner mode and skimmer mode, it is a matter of identifying which circuits these are set up as. Same for Intellibrite Lights on and off - you just need to know what circuit/Aux they are connected to. You should be able to do this either by looking in the Autelis web interface, or by putting the plugin in debug and seeing what comes in "From Pentair:" lines when you turn things on and off.

Intellibrite color and mode requires no such setup. The system commands to change color are not circuit specific (and so you can't really set different lights to different modes). There is a plugin action for this.

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:11 pm
ticotice offline

Swancoat wrote:
ticotice wrote:

If the system is set up to move the valve and motor status between cleaner mode and skimmer mode, it is a matter of identifying which circuits these are set up as. Same for Intellibrite Lights on and off - you just need to know what circuit/Aux they are connected to. You should be able to do this either by looking in the Autelis web interface, or by putting the plugin in debug and seeing what comes in "From Pentair:" lines when you turn things on and off

Intellibrite color and mode requires no such setup. The system commands to change color are not circuit specific (and so you can't really set different lights to different modes). There is a plugin action for this.

OK! Thanks for the info. I added four new devices to Indigo: one for each of the floor cleaner, skimmer and lights and one for the "system". I then did as you suggested and found the correct circuits for the cleaner, skimmer & lights. I can now view and change the on/off status of those three. However, I guess I'm a bit dense, but I cannot find any action for the color change in the plug-in. :? :oops:

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:58 pm
Swancoat offline

ticotice wrote:
Swancoat wrote:
ticotice wrote:

If the system is set up to move the valve and motor status between cleaner mode and skimmer mode, it is a matter of identifying which circuits these are set up as. Same for Intellibrite Lights on and off - you just need to know what circuit/Aux they are connected to. You should be able to do this either by looking in the Autelis web interface, or by putting the plugin in debug and seeing what comes in "From Pentair:" lines when you turn things on and off

OK! Thanks for the info. I added four new devices to Indigo: one for each of the floor cleaner, skimmer and lights and one for the "system". I then did as you suggested and found the correct circuits for the cleaner, skimmer & lights. I can now view and change the on/off status of those three. However, I guess I'm a bit dense, but I cannot find any action for the color change in the plug-in. :? :oops:

Create a new action group. There is a popup menu for type; go down to Pentair Pool Plugin and there are five actions to choose from.

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:12 pm
ticotice offline

Got it! Thanks! Time to play around a bit to make this plug-in do my bidding! 8)

Posted on
Sat May 26, 2018 9:37 am
bsp9493 offline

Hi Jeremey...

I see you have made updates to the plugin. WOW... Nice Job!!!

Having a problem though... I can't get it to constantly report solar temp and I get a couple errors showing up in the logs...

Please see below.

Thanx in advance

dave

running plugin 2.02
autelis 1.67 tcpserial firmware
port 6000

May 26, 2018, 8:32:15 AM
Disabling plugin "Pentair Pool 2.0.2"
Stopping plugin "Pentair Pool 2.0.2" (pid 13794)
Pentair Pool Debug Just deleted: POOLHT from circuitdev
Pentair Pool Debug Just deleted: SYSTEM from circuitdev
Pentair Pool Debug Just deleted: POOL from circuitdev
Pentair Pool Debug Shutdown Called
Stopped plugin "Pentair Pool 2.0.2"
Enabling plugin "Pentair Pool 2.0.2"
Starting plugin "Pentair Pool 2.0.2" (pid 13846)
Started plugin "Pentair Pool 2.0.2"
Pentair Pool Debug Startup Called
Pentair Pool Debug Autelis IP Address: 192.168.1.171
Pentair Pool Serial Port URL is socket://192.168.1.171:6000
Pentair Pool Serial Port Open at socket://192.168.1.171:6000
Pentair Pool Debug deviceStartComm called
Pentair Pool Debug Just added: POOLHT to circuitdev
Pentair Pool Debug Processing temp node from Autelis Status.xml...
Pentair Pool Debug pHeat: hvacOperationMode is 0
Pentair Pool Debug POOLHT: False
Pentair Pool Debug SPAHT: False
Pentair Pool Debug SOLHT: False
Pentair Pool Debug SPASOLHT: False
Pentair Pool Debug pHeat Heater Status: 0
Pentair Pool Debug pHeat: setpointHeat is 80
Pentair Pool Debug pHeat: temperatureInput1 is 79
Pentair Pool Debug Just added: SYSTEM to circuitdev
Pentair Pool Debug Processing system node from Autelis Status.xml...
Pentair Pool Debug 'System' Device Available
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: readystate is ready
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: model is i9p3S
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: opmode is auto
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: freeze is 0
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: water_sensor is ok
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: solar_sensor is ok
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: air_sensor is ok
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: water_sensor_2 is ok
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: solar_sensor_2 is ok
Pentair Pool Debug pIntellitouch: version is 1.6.7
Pentair Pool Debug Processing chlor node from Autelis Chem.xml...
Pentair Pool Debug 'System' Device Available
Pentair Pool Debug Child: chloren
Pentair Pool Debug Child: poolsp
Pentair Pool Debug poolsp found in autelisStateMap
Pentair Pool Error exception in deviceStartComm(pIntellitouch): int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
Pentair Pool Debug Just added: POOL to circuitdev
Pentair Pool Debug To Pentair: POOL?
Pentair Pool Debug From Pentair: !00 POOL=1
Pentair Pool pPool is on

May 26, 2018, 8:33:27 AM
Pentair Pool Debug From Pentair: !00 SOLTMP=69 F
Pentair Pool Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 238, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 313, in parseToServer
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Pentair Pool Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

May 26, 2018, 8:34:14 AM
Pentair Pool Debug From Pentair: !00 SOLTMP=70 F
Pentair Pool Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 238, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 313, in parseToServer
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Pentair Pool Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Mon May 28, 2018 4:12 pm
Swancoat offline

Thanks,

I'll try to look at this ASAP, but I had a lightning strike this week and half of my toys are all broken (including my intellitouch panel) so I'm in the midst of putting this back together. Hopefully I'm back up within the week.

Posted on
Mon May 28, 2018 5:59 pm
bsp9493 offline

Oh no!!!

Hope things work out.

No rush:)

Posted on
Thu May 31, 2018 6:18 pm
bsp9493 offline

One more question...

How, if at all do the AUX circuits in the plugin (Aux 1-50), relate to the feature circuits in the intellitouch?

ie
my pentair shows
POOL
SPA
Aux 1-8
Feature 1-10

Again, Great work on this, and I hope you have your power issues sorted out and are able to save your equipment.

d

Posted on
Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:39 pm
bsp9493 offline

Think I got it cased

Aux 1-8 in plugin = Aux 1-8 in pentair

Aux 41-50 in plugin = Feature 1-10 in pentair

Think I found the issue with the solarTemp error too...

Looks like this line was not defined in the plugin.py
self.pentairStateMap["SOLTMP"] = ("SYSTEM", "solartemp", " Solar Temperature", "temp")

added it here, and that seems to have done the trick. I think i got your logic correct.

# Map of Pentair-style Circuit Codes and a quad-tuple indicating what device code the device will be found under,
# (USUALLY, but not always, the same as the reported code)
# what indigo variable state should be updated, a suffix for the log, and the type of processing the data requires.
# Also, All 50 Auxiliary ciruits are the same: AUXx = ("AUXx", "onOffState", "")
self.pentairStateMap = {}
self.pentairStateMap["POOLHT"] = ("POOLHT", "hvacOperationMode", " Mode", "hmode")
self.pentairStateMap["SPAHT"] = ("SPAHT", "hvacOperationMode", " Mode", "hmode")
self.pentairStateMap["POOLSP"] = ("POOLHT", "setpointHeat", " Set Point", "temp")
self.pentairStateMap["SPASP"] = ("SPAHT", "setpointHeat", " Set Point", "temp")
self.pentairStateMap["AIRTMP"] = ("SYSTEM", "airtemp", " Air Temperature", "temp")
self.pentairStateMap["POOLTMP"] = ("POOLHT", "temperatureInput1", " Temperature", "temp")
self.pentairStateMap["SPATMP"] = ("SPAHT", "temperatureInput1", " Temperature", "temp")
self.pentairStateMap["SOLTMP"] = ("SYSTEM", "solartemp", " Solar Temperature", "temp")
self.pentairStateMap["OPMODE"] = ("SYSTEM", "opmode", " Operation Mode", "ilinkOpmode")

any chance you are going to add access to the pumps.xml and chem.xml at some point?
If it helps... I'm using the following python to decode the chem.xml for pH, ORP, and SI.

chem0 = float(indigo.variables[1325823349].value)
chem1 = float(indigo.variables[336649496].value)
chem2 = int(indigo.variables[366675579].value)
chem3 = int(indigo.variables[1024580632].value)
chem22 = float(indigo.variables[1311407191].value)

pH = ((chem0 * 256) + chem1) / 100
ORP = (chem2 * 256) + chem3

if chem22 > 127:
SI = (chem22 - 256)/100
else:
SI = chem22/100

indigo.variable.updateValue(40213453, value= str(pH))
indigo.variable.updateValue(1494718390, value= str(ORP))
indigo.variable.updateValue(412117496, value= str(SI))

Thanx again for all the work on converting the plugin to Autelis!!!

dave

Posted on
Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:45 pm
bsp9493 offline

Control page isn't totally pretty yet, but all my schedules and everything else works perfectly in the background.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 4.40.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 4.40.30 PM.png (289.99 KiB) Viewed 6701 times

Posted on
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:13 pm
Swancoat offline

Glad you’re up and running. I’ll incorporate the changes in the next update. My main pool board is up now, but link to autelis is still disconnected.

Im interested in your chem setup. Is it just reporting, or do you have it balancing pH too?

Posted on
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:31 pm
bsp9493 offline

Glad you got the intellitouch back up... that board is stupid expensive.

I zapped the comm ports on mine a while back... ended up taking it to a local electronics guy (tv repair)... fortunatley he was able to find and diagnose ... $4 of parts, 50 bucks labour and saved me a 3000 board.

Concrete pool so i stayed away from salt generator, went with an intellichem (stupid price too). Just need the unit with 2 pumps... dont get the chemical tanks... not needed.

Use liquid chlorine 20% get 5 gal pails from comercial cleaner (maybe 4 a year)
Muriatic acid (hardware store) use 1 gal a year.

Put a chlorine puck foaty in the pool and you are good to go.

Fill the floatie once a week or so, intellichem does the rest. Perfect water every day!!!

I LOVE it, but have read that some people do not.

Posted on
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:50 pm
Korey offline

[url][/url]
bsp9493 wrote:
Control page isn't totally pretty yet, but all my schedules and everything else works perfectly in the background.

What model is that Intelliflo to give you Gallons per min? (GPM)

I have the Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo on a Jandy RS system using the old Indigo Jandy plugin, I've had to use Dave's Ghost XML plugin to extract the pump data from the Autelis, but GPM is not available with the current firmware version, or perhaps my pump does not output that data..

Thanks!

--
Korey

Posted on
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:35 pm
bsp9493 offline

My guess its the combination of equip. ie the Jandy. Talked to a few guys in the past about running mixed equipment. I guess the pumps will report RPM, but not GPM. Im all pentair, so no issues.

I too am using ghost xml to extract the pumps.xml from autelis. Then parse the data into variables.

From the autelis website, it breaks down to this fir the pentair version.

Variable Speed Pump Information
Information for variable speed pumps can be retrieved from http://poolcontrol/pumps.xml or http://your.ip.address/pumps.xml
The document root node is <response>. It has two child nodes which contain the status values. They are enumerated below along with their child nodes and possible values. NOTE: If a child node has a null value then it is not available because it is not supported by the specific Intellitouch® model or configuration.
<response>
<pumps>
<pump1>
Definition: Pump status
Possible values: comma separated array of length 3 (Intelliflo VS) or 5 (Intelliflo VF)
First value: Pump watts
Second value: Pump RPM
Third value (VF): Pump GPM
Fourth value (VF): Filter Status (%)
Last value: Pump error bitflags (16-bit value, 0 = no error)
LSb to MSb [ "OK","Filter Warning","??","Priming Alarm","System Blocked","Unknown Alarm","Over Temperature","Power Outage","Over Current","Over Voltage","??","??","??","??","??","No Communication" ]
</pump1>
<pump8>
</pump8>
</pumps>
</response>

Page 8 of 11 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11