Not getting location information

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:21 am
roussell offline

Not getting location information

First off, thanks for the great plugin!!

I bought a couple of the Automatic Pro devices a few weeks ago for my and my wife's car, and loaded up your plugin. I requested, and was approved for "scope:current_location" and have checked the appropriate box in the plugin config. I have also entered the API key information for google's location API (I think I have anyway, there was a different API key for geolocation, and for distance matrix - I've tried both). I've also entered my home address in the config page, but I get nothing for the ETA, currentMilesFromHome, location, or previousMilesFromHome.

I don't see any errors in the Event log, but in the Custom States window, I do see the following error:
Code: Select all
tag = {"detail": "Page not found", "error": "err_page_not_found"}

Any advice on how to get the location info working?

Thanks!

Terry

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:05 pm
mlooss offline

Re: Not getting location information

So I too finally received my developer access approval and I thought I had everything configured and working. The car shows 0 miles from home in Indigo but now I am getting these errors:
Automatic OBD-II FYI - Exception caught getting vehicle info: state value type must be bool, int, real, or string
Automatic OBD-II 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS:ignition:on @ 2018-03-17 18:58:09
Automatic OBD-II Location unknown, distance matrix calculation failed: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf1' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
Automatic OBD-II Location unknown, geocode failed: list index out of range
Automatic OBD-II Location unknown, distance matrix calculation failed: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf1' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
Automatic OBD-II 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS En Route; At unknown location, unknown ETA
Automatic OBD-II FYI - Exception caught getting vehicle info: state value type must be bool, int, real, or string
Automatic OBD-II 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS En Route; At unknown location, unknown ETA
Trigger Update server memory variable

Thanks in advance for any suggestion to solve this.

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:15 am
maslett offline

Me too. Mark

Posted on
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:04 am
dgarozzo offline

I don't know how I missed these posts. Are you guys up and running now? Any problems?

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 6:00 am
roussell offline

I’m not working correctly, however with Google moving to Paid access it might be moot. Any plans to move to a different service?

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:15 pm
dgarozzo offline

I'm not aware of Google moving to a paid service. My plugin continues to work fine for me. Maybe I'm grandfathered in?

Do you have the latest version of the plugin (1.0.6)? Can you enable debug logs and send me them?

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, Google isn't doing map lookups for free any more. I haven't said anything since a post a while back, but I sure would LOVE to see a different (free) geofence option in this plugin. I literally bought 2 of these specifically to use this plugin only to have Google cut me off at the knees 2 days after I received them... :cry:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:27 pm
dgarozzo offline

Any suggestions on an alternative? I'd be happy to work on it.

Posted on
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 pm
dgarozzo offline

I just looked at developer.google.com, and I think you may have misunderstood their billing model? It looks like you get a $200 credit every month. It would be just you using your API call, so the chances of you exceeding $200 in charges would be slim to none. Plus, I believe I read that you can put a cap on the bill, so I would think you could set it up so the max monthly bill could be $200, which would result in no charges for the month after the $200 monthly credit.

Posted on
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:54 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

My problem is mainly that it requires me to give Google a credit card. I don't trust Google with my credit card information. If they had a totally free account which didn't require me to add a credit card (would just stop working if I went over) then I'd be slightly more inclined (but only slightly).

I don't know of an alternative off the top of my head, but I'm betting there is one out there somewhere.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:39 pm
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
My problem is mainly that it requires me to give Google a credit card. I don't trust Google with my credit card information. If they had a totally free account which didn't require me to add a credit card (would just stop working if I went over) then I'd be slightly more inclined (but only slightly).

I don't know of an alternative off the top of my head, but I'm betting there is one out there somewhere.

Could you use a pre-paid debit card with a very low balance on it?

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1