New piBeacon set up; MAC address of rPi lost

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:36 pm
blauhaus offline

New piBeacon set up; MAC address of rPi lost

Hi Karl,

I use several of your plugins (thanks!) so decided to take a dive into rPis and piBeacon. I must have bungled something in the setup because my rPi sees the beacons using the command-line prompts in your instructions, but the piBeacon plugin does not. I'm getting the following errors in my Indigo log. Any chance I can recover gracefully?

Thanks! James

Code: Select all
   WebServer                       request to set variable "pi_IN_1" value to "{"msgs":[],"ts":"1521250122=CDT","secsCol":"55","mac":"B8:27:EB:7C:BE:18","program":"beaconloop","pi":"1","ipAddress":"10.0.1.71"}" from 10.0.1.71
   piBeacon                        MAC# from RPI message is new B8:27:EB:7C:BE:18 trying with new BLE-MAC number, old MAC#=--  pi#1
   piBeacon                        MAC# from RPI message is new B8:27:EB:7C:BE:18 not in internal list .. new RPI?1
   piBeacon                        new iBeacon message-----------------------------------
 {"msgs":[],"ts":"1521250122=CDT","secsCol":"55","mac":"B8:27:EB:7C:BE:18","program":"beaconloop","pi":"1","ipAddress":"10.0.1.71"}
   piBeacon                        RPI# 1 check , too many empty messages in a row: 8050
   piBeacon                         please check RPI

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:50 pm
kw123 offline

Re: New piBeacon set up; MAC address of rPi lost

the RPI is sending empty messages >> "msg":[]

rest looks ok.

I need a little bit more info :

1. menu/ print various .. --> config
2. file /Users/yourid/indigo/piBeacon/RPIconf
3. file /Users/yourid/indigo/piBeacon/interfaceFiles/parameters.0 (or 1/2 depending on your pi #'s)
4. file ~/pibeacon/parameters on your RPI
5. do a "ps -ef | grep .py" on the rpi w/o the "

you should mask your passwords in the files

best is to zip them and send to my email karl wachs at me dot com

Karl

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:39 am
bluehouse offline

Thanks for the help. Will do shortly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:21 pm
bluehouse offline

To close the loop on this: it's been resolved. Karl and I took the conversation offline, he helped me do some diagnostics but nothing definitive. On a whim, I tried selecting from the piBeacon plugin menu: PiBeacon>Send Config/Restart/PGM...to rPi server>do a complete upgrade/refresh of the op-sys (click to start upgrade now). Let it load rebooted the rPi and had beacons everywhere.

I attribute problems to rookie rPi-lot error.

Thanks to Karl for the plugins and the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1