Log Errors

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:51 am
Busta999 offline

Log Errors

Anyway to find out what this error is and why it is in error sate?

Error cannot update device state for key clientConnectionStatus to value buffering (invalid enumeration value)

I am getting a lot of them, loads of them

Error cannot update device state for key clientConnectionStatus to value buffering (invalid enumeration value)
pages and pages of them

No reference what it cannot update.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:57 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Log Errors

First, you need to determine which plugin is generating the log message. After that, we should be able to help get to the bottom of it. Please disable all your third-party plugins and enable them one by one until you see which one is generating the error. You might also try rebooting the Indigo server and see if the messages clear on their own.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:33 pm
Busta999 offline

Thanks Dave.

It was the Plex Plugin.

Wouldn’t be useful if errors in the log indicted the plugin it came from?

Make diagnosis more efficient.

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:47 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Busta999 wrote:

That's odd. They certainly do on mine. How are you reading the log file?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:26 pm
Busta999 offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Busta999 wrote:

That's odd. They certainly do on mine. How are you reading the log file?

I just cut and pasted the error messages in the Indigo Log Window.

Not too sure what it is meant by ‘How are you reading the log file?[

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:35 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Here's a cut and paste from my log window:

Code: Select all
Mar 25, 2018, 4:39:22 PM
   Reloading plugin "Cynical SecuritySpy 2.3.0"
   Stopping plugin "Cynical SecuritySpy 2.3.0" (pid 30735)
   Trigger                         Security Spy reset
   Stopped plugin "Cynical SecuritySpy 2.3.0"
   Starting plugin "Cynical SecuritySpy 2.3.0" (pid 30899)
   Cynical SecuritySpy             API version 2.0
   Cynical SecuritySpy             Python version 2.7.10.final.0
   Started plugin "Cynical SecuritySpy 2.3.0"
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       Security Spy - Driveway unavailable: host device SecuritySpy on proServer is unavailable
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       Security Spy - Front Door unavailable: host device SecuritySpy on proServer is unavailable
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       Security Spy - House Side East unavailable: host device SecuritySpy on proServer is unavailable
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       Security Spy - House Side West unavailable: host device SecuritySpy on proServer is unavailable
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       Security Spy - Lanai unavailable: host device SecuritySpy on proServer is unavailable
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       Security Spy - Pool Deck East unavailable: host device SecuritySpy on proServer is unavailable
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       Security Spy - Pool Deck West unavailable: host device SecuritySpy on proServer is unavailable

You can see it shows the plugin. I was wondering if you were copying from a file in the Logs directory, or something like that.

If there's no plugin name, those might not be plugin errors. Can you find the very beginning of them and see if there's something there? You might have to go to the file in the Logs folder if it's already scrolled out of the window.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:39 pm
Busta999 offline

A cut and past from the log

6688 kWh
   Z-Wave                          received "Heating System Power Monitor" power load to 4.3 W
   Trigger                         Heating is Off
   Trigger                         Heating is No Longer Cooling Down
   Error                           cannot update device state for key clientConnectionStatus to value buffering (invalid enumeration value)
   Error                           cannot update device state for key clientConnectionStatus to value buffering (invalid enumeration value)
   Trigger                         Fridge Temp Ok - Just right
   Updated                         "Master Floor Lamp" on to 44
   Updated                         "Master Bedroom Group" on to 44
   Updated                         "Master Dawn" on to 44
   Hue Lights                      received "Temp: Ensuite (Hue)" sensor update to 20.8 ºC

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:41 pm
FlyingDiver offline

That looks like a script that was maybe trying to access the Plex plugin or server was throwing the errors, not the Plex plugin itself.

Just a guess...

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:52 pm
Busta999 offline

The last error message was

Hue Lights                      received "Temp: Ensuite (Hue)" sensor update to 20.8 ºC
   Schedule                        Set Heating Demand to 0
   Trigger                         TVShow Episode is playing Finished

It appears it is only occurring when Plex is in use.

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:55 pm
Busta999 offline

Not sure how or what but an error message that doesn't provide an context is largely asking to be ignored........

[code]25 Mar 2018, 22:52:06
Hue Lights received "Temp: Study (Hue)" sensor update to 19.8 ºC
Error cannot update device state for key clientConnectionStatus to value error (invalid enumeration value)
Error cannot update device state for key clientConnectionStatus to value error (invalid enumeration value)
Z-Wave received "Power Monitor Freezer" power load to 752.1 W
Z-Wave received "Power Monitor Freezer" power load to 94.9 W
[/code

I am not aware of any scripts running in Indigo - certainly none that I have added/written.

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:00 pm
Busta999 offline

Brain fart...

i have added to a Control page that is permanently on the screen of FireTablets around the house that show what is currently playing on the Lounge Plex.

I suspect that not being able to get updates form Plex is causing these error messages....

Maybe not.

The error messages are intermittent.

I'll do some more tests tomorrow.

Thanks guys for responding to me - much appreciated :-)

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:02 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I think its caused by this line:
plexMediaServerDevices.py:                  childDevice.indigoDevice.updateStatesOnServer(clientStatesToUpdate)

So the Indigo server is actually generating it, because it's getting an error updating a state that doesn't already exist.

Apparently your Plex devices are somehow out of sync with the current plugin code. I would Edit each device, then save it. Just open it, check all the fields, and close it. That will most likely create the missing states.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:49 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did FlyingDiver's suggestion to edit the devices (open their settings dialog and save them) help? He is correct that it looks like the devices are missing states the plugin expects them to have.

Ideally when those errors occur they would be logged under the plugin's type, but those state updates occur pretty deep inside the Indigo Server so changing that is easier said than done. We'll add it to the request list though. :wink:

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 am
Busta999 offline

Yes, thanks - much appreciated.

It appears to have fixed it. Although the issues was intermittent.

I'll keep an eye on it

Thanks for everyones help.

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:12 am
RogueProeliator offline

I'll keep an eye on it

I'm back in town (finally, again, and hopefully for a while), so let me know if this happens again and we can investigate further... I worry a bit that the Plex server is sending a new state value to the plugin for which we have not accommodated -- that happens time to time as Plex updates their server software as the API, while public, is very poorly documented. New stuff randomly appears at times. :)

If it happens again, turn Debug on for the plugin just to capture one "run" of the error as that will give a better indication of what was happening.

Adam