BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:55 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Professor Falken wrote:
Upgraded.
Generated gifs generating perfectly.
For some reason the gmail iphone app won't play them, but they are generating and sending, because they load fine in a browser (Chrome) window. I may experiment with having an iMessage send them. I wonder if I can get my Indigo install its own imessage account?
The speed of development on the plugin has been phenomenal.

Yes - very possible to give indigo mac its own icloud/imsg account and then send imsg's from Indigo to whomever. I use this approach to send messages to myself from Indigo about events (somebody arrived home etc) and animated gifs. With a little bit of work also can have a conversation via iMsg - have script which runs if I send 'check' will reply with devices left on in the house and ask if I wish to turn them off, a yes reply - turns of these devices (amongst other commands)

Can use the below 'Apple Script' in a Action Group - external script probably better

Code: Select all
tell application "Messages"
   set myid to get id of first service
   set theBuddy to buddy "toemailaddress" of service "E:fromemailaddress note the E:"
   send POSIX file "/Users/Username/Documents/Indigo-BlueIris/CameraNameShort/Animated.gif" to theBuddy
end tell

Buddy - to email address will either be email address or mobile number depending on the contact. See a quick google for help if stuck
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/118 ... ed-service

The benefit of iMsg is its easy, but also doesn't seem to be size limit of Animated Gifs - I have sent pretty big ones without problem. They also display perfectly.

Glenn

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:32 am
GlennNZ offline

Version 0.7.6

Rightly or Wrong :wink: - out of Beta & In Plugin Store
Adds Trigger for Motion Stopped/Motion False
Add Variable automatically created called astAnimGif - contains the local path to the most recently created Animated Gif (for use in iMsg/Other sending)
Few Debugging Changes

Glenn

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:33 am
Professor Falken offline

Is there a way to grab the current image off every camera (whether triggered or not currently) for sending via email or text? Presumably this would be a jpg probably.

My use case would be to tie a trigger to a tripped alarm. I already get an Indigo sent email in this situation, but it would be nice to attach the current still image from each cam to that email.

Actually, ideally it would attach an image from about 1 second before the trigger from the buffer from each camera, but I suspect that would be a lot more complicated to pull off, so certainly just the current image from each one would be great.

I know from poking around, before your plug in was written, that both the physical cameras themselves, as well as each BI camera instance, has a url where you can call the current image. So I really just need a way to save the images as a file in a predictable location just as you did with the animated gifs.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:08 am
autolog offline

I am obviously missing a step because I can't get the Indigo Camera device to show motion. :(

That's not actually true, as if I click the Test button in Camera Properties > Alerts > Request from a web service it works and the little man turns green in the Indigo device list. Also an image is downloaded to my documents folder. That implies the communication between Blue Iris and Indigo is OK, I think?

What seems to be missing is that when motion is detected by the camera, i.e. surround turns red and red boxes appear, the alert(within Blue Iris) isn't firing. I guess I must have a setting not set but I can't see it. :?

In the Alerts tab, I have Fire when: This camera is triggered, and Motion Zones and zones A-H are checked and set to Any.

Is there anything else I should be setting? :)

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 am
Professor Falken offline

That's not actually true, as if I click the Test button in Camera Properties > Alerts > Request from a web service it works and the little man turns green in the Indigo device list. Also an image is downloaded to my documents folder. That implies the communication between Blue Iris and Indigo is OK, I think?

What seems to be missing is that when motion is detected by the camera, i.e. surround turns red and red boxes appear, the alert(within Blue Iris) isn't firing. I guess I must have a setting not set but I can't see it

There is a checkbox next to that web alert that you configured. It doesn't check it just from being configured, you actually have to click it. Is that checked?

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 am
autolog offline

Professor Falken wrote:
There is a checkbox next to that web alert that you configured. It doesn't check it just from being configured, you actually have to click it. Is that checked?

Yes the Request from a web service is checked. :)

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:21 pm
Professor Falken offline

Hmm, sorry. I just looked at mine, and it's configured exactly as you describe yours. Not sure how a test fire of the web alert would make it work but an actual camera triggering wouldn't.

Will comm work the other way? That is, are you able to have Indigo make a camera change (like, say, trigger the IR filter or something)?

You could try setting up one of the other alert actions in BI and see if they fire (email, etc). That would at least allow you to narrow it down to something internal to BI vs a BI/Indigo comm problem.

Otherwise I guess have to wait until Glenn weighs in.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:31 pm
Professor Falken offline

Are your still on the BI demo mode? I wonder if maybe the feature is disabled there? Just spit-balling.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:06 pm
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris Indigo Plugin

autolog wrote:
I am obviously missing a step because I can't get the Indigo Camera device to show motion.

What seems to be missing is that when motion is detected by the camera, i.e. surround turns red and red boxes appear, the alert(within Blue Iris) isn't firing. I guess I must have a setting not set but I can't see it.

In the Alerts tab, I have Fire when: This camera is triggered, and Motion Zones and zones A-H are checked and set to Any.

Is there anything else I should be setting? :)

That’s sounds like communication is okay if the test is working, probably means the camera isn’t triggering within BlueIris. You could further test from within BI and select trigger now from the camera window - to see whether that fires an event.

This is per camera:

Otherwise implies is a BI triggering setting, per camera with alerts but also global profiles affect.

This had been reported before - if global setting incorrect won’t fire any alerts, so suspect probably a BI global profile setting... have a look at BI, profile settings

Glenn

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:06 pm
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
I am obviously missing a step because I can't get the Indigo Camera device to show motion. :(

First off thanks for all the suggestions. :)

I am embarrassed to say it is a classic case of RTFM! - I had the traffic lights set at red. :oops:

Once set to green, it has all miraculously started working, alerts, Indigo notifications and GIFs. :D

The only saving grace is that while trying to resolve this issue, I have now read and understood a lot more about how to set-up Blue Iris. :wink:

Thanks @Proffessor Falken for your help and suggestions..

Glenn you have done a superb job on this plugin, well done and thanks a lot! :D

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:29 pm
GlennNZ offline

autolog wrote:
Glenn you have done a superb job on this plugin, well done and thanks a lot! :D

Thank you,

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:48 am
GlennNZ offline

Professor Falken wrote:
Is there a way to grab the current image off every camera (whether triggered or not currently) for sending via email or text? Presumably this would be a jpg probably.

Actually, ideally it would attach an image from about 1 second before the trigger from the buffer from each camera, but I suspect that would be a lot more complicated to pull off, so certainly just the current image from each one would be .

Great idea, I’ll add a Capture Image Action asap, give me 24 hours!
Glenn

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:44 am
Professor Falken offline

Great idea, I’ll add a Capture Image Action asap, give me 24 hours!

Great, thanks!

Another question... can the server device get access to the storage data taht BI keeps track of? It seems to monitor used/free space on the drive on which it is recording (though admittedly, the "free space" stat seems to disagree quite a bit with what Windows thinks is left on the Purple drive). I put the CPU and memory monitoring stats on my new security camera CP, and I'd like to add those two as well. As a reflector user, I really like the ability to mainly use Indigo for interaction with my system when off my home LAN, and only have to fire up the VPN/BI if I want to go back and really inspect a logged alert for some reason.

Still working on getting my Indigo box its own iMessage account. Can't seen to get it to authenticate, which apparently is a known Apple bug. I caused all kinds of problems when I managed to get it sort of partially signed in on iCloud, with other things signed in under my own apple ID (lost ability to share screen with my headless Mac Mini, froze the Settings app, etc.). I'll need to research that bug a bit more before trying again and spending another night fixing things that I broke with that foray. Up until now I've used the email function to send an email to my phone number, which the carrier converts to a text. But't it strips attachments, so I would much prefer if I could get the iMessage thing working, especially for your animated gif feature.

Incidentally, while checking the logs this morning, I noticed this error a few times overnight:

BlueIris Plugin Error           Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 987, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 663, in getCameraList
KeyError: 0

BlueIris Plugin Error           plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Thanks again, really nice plugin.

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 pm
GlennNZ offline

Professor Falken wrote:
Another question... can the server device get access to the storage data taht BI keeps track of? It seems to monitor used/free space on the drive on which it is recording (though admittedly, the "free space" stat seems to disagree quite a bit with what Windows thinks is left on the Purple drive). I put the CPU and memory monitoring stats on my new security camera CP, and I'd like to add those two as well. As a reflector user, I really like the ability to mainly use Indigo for interaction with my system when off my home LAN, and only have to fire up the VPN/BI if I want to go back and really inspect a logged alert for some reason.

Coming up soon in version 0.8.0 - should be posted next hour or so.

Professor Falken wrote:
Incidentally, while checking the logs this morning, I noticed this error a few times overnight:
BlueIris Plugin Error           Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 987, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 663, in getCameraList
KeyError: 0
   BlueIris Plugin Error           plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Thanks - it's a temporary failure to connect to the BI Server. Have trapped the issue so won't need to restart in latest version, but ideally a actual debug log of happening would be great - and then can deal with it more politely.

If you turn on the first debug checkbox - Debug BlueIris Server Session and let it run overnight and PM or pastebin.org the full debug log from the EventLogs directory. You get to this by clicking the button up the top of Indigo Log window 'Show Event Logs Folder' and log is the plugin.log in the directory - com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.BlueIris.

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 pm
GlennNZ offline

Version 0.8.0

Adds BlueIris Server States:
diskfree, diskallocated, disktotal, diskused
[First disk only which should be main storage]
Are numbers so can run triggers when less than/greater than etc from within Indigo
diskname
Path to current main storage
clipsInfo state
eg. Something like this: As a string of current storage/drive/info
Clips: 30870 files, 0.97T/1.00T; \FILESERVER2012 +250.5G, C: +153.4G

Add Action to Download Image for Selected Camera(s)
Also thread the download image code in case massive delays in multiple image downloads (surprisingly uncommon - I have only seen it once)

Add try/exception to getCamlist code pending more information

Update Updater to use curl to bypass github download TLSv1 error

Add Folder Selector in PluginConfig - can select folder to save images and Animated Gif to.
Must have write access. Should check this on entry. Blank or none defaults to current.

Should be up momentarily.

Glenn

Page 8 of 11 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11